Virgin media/Espn

Best thing to do with this is threaten to leave and say you'll tell everyone you know to do the same, to Sky or BT.

They'll try and work out deals with you to stay, fuck paying too much for Virgin, we got free boxes, free installation and internet on cheaper price for saying all this.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got xl package, sky sports and movies, tivo in living room, vplus hd in bedroom and a standard box in the spare room

not sure of the broadband speed and what not but its the top one and i get free evening and weekend calls

i pay 95 quid a month, been with them 3 years and just phone them up every so often with a general enquiry about how long i have left on my contract as im thinking of leaving for sky or someone i know is getting a better deal and im not happy and they gave me the extra boxes and stuff

when i got the 3rd box a few months ago they also added money to my account to cover the price increase that was happening for a year

although i think ive got all i can out them now, but as i said in my other post if bt sport is only goin to be an extra couple of quid i would probably do it if not it looks like ill be seeing my wee mammy more often (or just when Rangers are on haha)

Jeez! It's all very confusing for my tiny mind.

My old Mother forks out a small fortune with virgin to see the Rangers on the telly and now thinks she'll miss most of it with the demise of espn.

She keeps asking me what's happening and who's showing the most Gers games.

Are BT taking over the mantle regarding Gers games?

Also, i have sky. What's happening with them regards BT sports?

I know, i know, my heads been buried in the sand and i'm just out from a long hospital stay. Any info will be appreciated.

Jeez! It's all very confusing for my tiny mind.

My old Mother forks out a small fortune with virgin to see the Rangers on the telly and now thinks she'll miss most of it with the demise of espn.

She keeps asking me what's happening and who's showing the most Gers games.

Are BT taking over the mantle regarding Gers games?

Also, i have sky. What's happening with them regards BT sports?

I know, i know, my heads been buried in the sand and i'm just out from a long hospital stay. Any info will be appreciated.

sky & BT are showing our games , you can get BT through sky for £12 a month , virgin at the moment are in talks with BT over a price deal

I'm with virgin. BT say that they will be showing a certain amount of premiership games that will no longerr be avaiable on sky sports. Does this mean I will see fewer premier games on the sky sports package I have with virgin than I saw last season.

think you will still get the same amount of games on sky (maybe even more) although BT Sport's deal gives them some 1st choice games, whereas last season ESPN had to wait for sky to pick their games before choosing

just means BT Sport may have a a couple of the bigger games between the top 4/6 as opposed to them always being on Sky

i think......

sky & BT are showing our games , you can get BT through sky for £12 a month , virgin at the moment are in talks with BT over a price deal

Thanks mate. I already give Sky a small fortune.

Think i'll just let the auld dear cough up for Bt and i'll watch it up in her house. (when work allows).

think you will still get the same amount of games on sky (maybe even more) although BT Sport's deal gives them some 1st choice games, whereas last season ESPN had to wait for sky to pick their games before choosing

just means BT Sport may have a a couple of the bigger games between the top 4/6 as opposed to them always being on Sky

i think......

Ok bud. If that's true and I could miss any of the big games then I will seriously think about binning it. I only got it to watch all the top games.

Spoke to Virgin and BT today.. singing from different hymn sheets. BT saying there are talking nothing near agreed... Virgin saying that they are talking BT down in price and are days away.

Only thing they agree on is being inundated with calls from Rangers fans about it.

BT issued this statement today.

"Following the large number of enquiries from Virgin Media customers and press speculation, we can confirm that we have not agreed a wholesale deal for BT Sport with Virgin Media. But we are open to doing it at the right price and talks continue. In the meantime, we have an excellent offer for Virgin customers who move to either BT TV or to satellite." Matches BT will show that are announced so far;

Liverpool v Stoke

Fulham v Arsenal

Man City v Hull City

Man Utd v C Palace

Norwich v A Villa

Tottenham v Chelsea

Man City v Everton

Newcastle v Liverpool

C Palace v Arsenal

Newcastle v Chelsea

Everton v Liverpool

Tottenham v Man Utd

All Saturday at 12:45pm.

They are showing us at home to Brechin and away to Airdrie on a Friday night next month. Not to mention they will have European football from Germany, Italy etc. Sky have more games than ever, but they will miss out on some very big games as show above!

I'm with Virgin but there are only three or four games in that lot I would be bothered about.

Virgin Media is a joke. the XL package is overpriced as it is without only having 1 sports channel, which is British Eurosport, and the best you can hope for on that is U21's or Beach Football

you're right mate, i was watching an under 19 central/eastern european cup game last night between Slavia Prague and some Hungarian team haha, under 19 euro champs final on tonight, but it isnt a great advert for the XL package

eurosport is ok when the world snooker is on or cycling