Was Alec Cleland any good?

MKGER

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't remember that, tried the youtube with the words 'Alec Cleland rangers celtic' but couldn't find it, what game/season was it? If I search the game itself I'm sure ill find it but at the moment no luck!

I was at torbett towers the day he scored that header. It was up the other end from us. I think there was a big vacant space beside us which was the part we get now , which was being constructed.

Oleg Salenko had a stormer.

The goal he scored in the league cup semi against Aberdeen that season when they beat us 2-1 at Hampden was one of the best finishes I've seen

Was there even cameras there? Don't think I've seen it since - probs look like a tap in now :lol:

walter smith took him to Everton if I remember correctly.

David Weir mentioned him in his autobiography, apparently Archie Knox absolutely hated Cleland and gave him a real hard time at Ibrox. He left to get a fresh start at Everton and a few months later Smith and Knox took over and once again Cleland got dogs abuse from Knox. Even at Everton no one ever found out why Knox disliked him so much, even Cleland didn't know, but Archie utterly despised him.

David Weir mentioned him in his autobiography, apparently Archie Knox absolutely hated Cleland and gave him a real hard time at Ibrox. He left to get a fresh start at Everton and a few months later Smith and Knox took over and once again Cleland got dogs abuse from Knox. Even at Everton no one ever found out why Knox disliked him so much, even Cleland didn't know, but Archie utterly despised him.

Bit shite on the guy

Heard a few stories of Knox being about of a cunt tho

Some assistant manager to have though just what we need sometimes

Cleland should have asked Knox to show him his medals.

Steady, capable full back. Did a turn at left back when needed unlike some who melt when put to the other side. Scored against the filth too if I remember. Good guy! (tu)