Sectarian Chanting at today's game

allcinaye

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the one about the floodlights is bullshit because they weren't installed until after the war. However, it is true that Parkhead was closed during the war for Nazi-supporting songs being sung by the fans. I remember seeing the paper clipping posted on here.

As I understand it, "they turned on the lights" is a reference to the fact that in the south of Ireland, they lit up the coast so as to give the uboats a better target at our shipping. No idea as to the veracity of this though.

gonna change my name a few times..move...then blog about it mate.

All will be revealed, but I am disgusted.

Aye . Don't miss out the depression part and yer wife chucking you , cos she thinks you are a bampot. Also less said about that auld yin and the altercation with the ex- Morton player , the better. Don't want NUJ finding out that part.

It's common knowledge that De Valera the oirish president supported Hitler.

It is also common knowledge the ROI government severely persecuted those brave Irishmen who enlisted in the British army to fight the Nazis because their own government would not.

When the men returned from the war they found themselves on a blacklist and unable to get employment therefore ruining their lives.

The telegraph ran an article a few years ago entitled 'Ireland 'welcomed Hitler's henchmen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1538969/Ireland-welcomed-Hitlers-henchmen.html

Similarly, the Irish paper ' The Independent' ran a story ' How Dev's Ireland became safe haven for fugitive Nazis'

http://www.independe...s-26443045.html

You don't need to look hard to find details of Ireland's fascist and anti-Semitic past.

It's common knowledge that De Valera the oirish president supported Hitler.

very true , De Valera signed a book of condolence and sent a letter of sympathy . The catholic observer newspaper was a huge propagandist throughout the war in favour of anything that harmed British shores in those days , some disgraceful examples are when places in Britain were bombed there was no mention of it in their paper even though places like Clydebank was populated by Irish . They then showed their outrage at us attacking the other half of fascism when rome/Vatican was bombed . They were and remain h*ns !!

It is also common knowledge the ROI government severely persecuted those brave Irishmen who enlisted in the British army to fight the Nazis because their own government would not.

When the men returned from the war they found themselves on a blacklist and unable to get employment therefore ruining their lives.

...and because of this many became destitute and their kids were taken from them,in many cases never to be returned and those b'tards from the Eastend support THAT Country.:-((

They were neutral but some of them hedged their bets when it looked like Hitler was winning but I believe they backed us as best they could but didn't want the Nazis to know, it would have been easy for Hitler to invade the IRO if they had and a stepping stone for them to the UK

The brave men from the south who volunteered to fight with us in the war were ostracised by the Irish government on their return

yes to sing about someone who has a disability is poor show

your right mate. I would never criticise your short right arm as I have seen you struggling many a time to get into the right hand pocket where your wallet lies.

It's not funny at all