Sectarian Chanting at today's game

allcinaye

surely u knew that...u not heard the songs 'coming down the road' 'daddys uniform' etc...somehow, and I don't know how, they managed to turn our own derogatory term about them and ze germans against us!! bloody well played if you ask me, they'll be calling us fenians next !

Well Wolfe Tone wiz a Prod.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh they turned on their lights, fuelled u-boats at night...

True stories ROI aided the Nazis.

Pretty sure the one about the floodlights is bullshit because they weren't installed until after the war. However, it is true that Parkhead was closed during the war for Nazi-supporting songs being sung by the fans. I remember seeing the paper clipping posted on here.

When I was a wee boy it was the sellick fans who were called 'the h***' because theyre fans openly backed Germany during WW2.

Spot on Mate and they helped the luftwaffe bomb Clydebank by lighting bonfires on the Kilpatrick Hills, and as they do they have turned the name around to us ! (tu):sherlock:

Pretty sure the one about the floodlights is bullshit because they weren't installed until after the war. However, it is true that Parkhead was closed during the war for Nazi-supporting songs being sung by the fans. I remember seeing the paper clipping posted on here.

How did they play Champions League football on Tuesday or Wednesday nights without floodlights then? :7326:

I never knew that about the piggery! I had heard that southern Ireland helped the Nazis though. They said they were neutral but apparently not

It's on this blog somewhere.

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.co.uk/

On the TV I seen a guy in the Ayr end wi a Tangerine and he was peeling it and throwing the Orange Skin on the ground..... How long is this sort of blatant sectarian behaviour going to be allowed.. Thats one step away from having Orange Bastards painted on a bed sheet....I for one am sickened!!!!!

I never knew that about the piggery! I had heard that southern Ireland helped the Nazis though. They said they were neutral but apparently not

They were neutral but some of them hedged their bets when it looked like Hitler was winning but I believe they backed us as best they could but didn't want the Nazis to know, it would have been easy for Hitler to invade the IRO if they had and a stepping stone for them to the UK

It's on this blog somewhere.

http://ifyouknowthei...blogspot.co.uk/

By Tom Peterkin, Ireland Correspondent

12:01AM GMT 09 Jan 2007

A disturbing aspect of Ireland's history has been uncovered by research finding that leading Nazis were sheltered and welcomed by the Irish establishment after the war.

A rogues' gallery that included fascists, Nazi collaborators and war criminals came to Ireland, including some who flourished and became respected members of the community.

A documentary to be screened on Irish television tonight illustrates growing willingness amongst mainstream public opinion to face up to Ireland's role in providing a haven for war criminals.

In the past, there has been a tendency to overlook stories of Hitler's henchmen being protected while they made their homes in Ireland or using it as a staging post to escape to America.

"It is very interesting that there is now much more willingness to raise these issues about those sections of the Irish population, who were sympathetic to the Nazi cause," said Paul Bew, Professor of Irish Politics at Queen's University, Belfast. I had heard the stories of the irish republic helping the nazis in WW 2 by giving them safe harbour and fueling their submarine and boats,but I didnt know that they had shelterd them after the war.

only thing that would get any response is if someone reports the bad old Rangers fans, hey maybe even a few Ayr thrown in as well, telling Jabba Salmond what he can do with independence, even thoguh sky turned the mikes down at that point but raised them back to normal levels when Rule Brittania was sung loud and proud