Andy was immense. Completely carries the team - but seems to thrive on that responsibility.

Interesting what pat cash said - basically if GB win the cup then Andy has the Davis, Olympic gold, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. There's not a lot more to achieve in the game, outside mutiple majors.

Depends who wins the other tie, I think if Argentina win we are away, if Belgium win we are at home. Not sure how it works tbh

Its the other way around. Looks likely to be Belgium away at this moment but if Argentina were to win then I'd imagine it would be somewhere in England. Not sure there's anywhere in Scotland with the capacity needed for such a game.

If Belgium take 5th rubber then its away, if Argies win then its at home.

Nowhere at the moment with a capacity big enough is free for the final!

Emirates doesn't hold enough and Simple Minds are on at the hydro.

MEN, the one in Birmingham, O2 are all busy and Wimbledon have ruled themselves out of it

Andy Murray take a bow...does more as a player than any other in this tournament!

I'm pretty convinced we'll win the thing now, both Belgium and Argentina are fairly poor in terms of the rankings from the pool of players they pick from.

We'll have both the best singles and best doubles player going into the final.

Scap the Argentina chat...it's Belgium away now...sooooo winning this :uk:

Expect Murray to win both his singles, and then they'll win the other two. Will come down to doubles again.

If it's Belgium then Goffin will be their strongest and Steve Darcis is beatable by one of the other Brits in the singles, he's just an average player...Argentina literally only have Mayer who could cause any problems, the rest are all average/awful.

This is certainly the best chance GB will have of winning this for decades to come.

If it's Belgium then Goffin will be their strongest and Steve Darcis is beatable by one of the other Brits in the singles, he's just an average player...Argentina literally only have Mayer who could cause any problems, the rest are all average/awful.

This is certainly the best chance GB will have of winning this for decades to come.

Would still expect them to win the other two though, our second singles player is 130 in the world after all!

Who's the Argie's other player? Monaco still kicking about?

Its the other way around. Looks likely to be Belgium away at this moment but if Argentina were to win then I'd imagine it would be somewhere in England. Not sure there's anywhere in Scotland with the capacity needed for such a game.

News just announced Belgium at home for the final.

Just read that Murray might miss the London ATP if Belgium choose to play on Clay (which I think they will given it's Murrays least comfortable surface). Not too worried if they do choose Clay as I thought Murray had a great year playing on it.

won in Germany and Rome and 5 set semi loss at Roland Garros. I think the Belgians are clutching at straws if they think Murray is weak on it this year. Be a shame for him to miss the 02 - he was dreadful last year and would have been looking to set that right and maybe finish as world number 2. The tennis calendar year is too full.

won in Germany and Rome and 5 set semi loss at Roland Garros. I think the Belgians are clutching at straws if they think Murray is weak on it this year. Be a shame for him to miss the 02 - he was dreadful last year and would have been looking to set that right and maybe finish as world number 2. The tennis calendar year is too full.

He won the Madrid masters as well..been really impressed with his clay form this year. That is true, the amount of Tennis he has played this year is frightening.

It's not Andy they are after by choosing clay. It's the doubles tie! They hope Jamie will have an off day but they seem to forget he's won a few titles on clay as well.

If they lose Goffin before the tie then they are fucked! He's had a fair few injuries over the years

Will win this tie 3-1 I reckon

• 3 weeks later...

I assume Andy beat the tennis playing giraffe then?

Andy Murray came from a set down to beat John Isner and reach the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters.

The British world number two, 28, showed excellent resilience in the face of the American's powerful serving to win 6-7 (4-7) 6-4 6-4.

Source:BBC sport.

Andy Murray came from a set down to beat John Isner and reach the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters.

The British world number two, 28, showed excellent resilience in the face of the American's powerful serving to win 6-7 (4-7) 6-4 6-4.

Source:BBC sport.

Ta

Andy seems to like Shanghai. Be nice to see him in another final versus Djokovic.

Need to wait until next year as they'll meet in the Semi Final.

While Andy moved to World Number 2 before the tournament started it wasn't early enough before the draw was made and he ended up on Novak's draw...