The Louden Tavern & Wee Rangers Club

Smile

Should Rangers take over the Louden and wee Rangers club  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers take over the Louden and wee Rangers club so all money goes to the Club

• Yes
    • No
    • Fuck you Smile
    • Explain in thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shelf life on a keg of craft beer is days - and we have weeks between matches the wastage would be detrimental - plus the demand isn't the biggest for it either.

GM

What about bottles? Williams Bros ales for example. Lots of pubs stocking them at the moment.

What about bottles? Williams Bros ales for example. Lots of pubs stocking them at the moment.

If there was a demand for it we could look into it mate. We started stocking desperadoes as there was a demand and they've stuck - equally we've had things like Coors that were a bit of a waste for us.

I'll put it on the list

GM

If there was a demand for it we could look into it mate. We started stocking desperadoes as there was a demand and they've stuck - equally we've had things like Coors that were a bit of a waste for us.

I'll put it on the list

GM

Joker IPA on tap seems to be popular in a lot of pubs, so I don't see why the bottles wouldn't sell just as well. The good thing about Williams Bros bottles is that they're all 500ml, so nearly a pint. Only women drink 330ml bottles :D

Joker IPA on tap seems to be popular in a lot of pubs, so I don't see why the bottles wouldn't sell just as well. The good thing about Williams Bros bottles is that they're all 500ml, so nearly a pint. Only women drink 330ml bottles :D

Strawberry Kopparberg is also 500ml :lol: manly

GM

Aye it's tough going, I know folk who have run Rangers pubs and it's not easy, you guys have the right idea closing during the week as it obviously saves on staff but you still have other overheads to cover apart from that.

I'm buzzing for the new season now we have Warburton in charge, I think everyone will come flocking back once they see the product on the park improving as well.

Aye it's tough going, I know folk who have run Rangers pubs and it's not easy, you guys have the right idea closing during the week as it obviously saves on staff but you still have other overheads to cover apart from that.

I'm buzzing for the new season now we have Warburton in charge, I think everyone will come flocking back once they see the product on the park improving as well.

The original Rangers pubs are open all week,opening on match days only is a taig thing and only acceptable on the gallowgate.

I'll put it on the list

GM

This might sound like heracy but what about non-alcoholic beers?

When I do make it in on match days, it's always FO & lemonade (which is at a great low price, thanks for that!) as I'm a driver and always bring the car, it would be nice to have the idea that I'm drinking a beer without the worry of losing my license !

This might sound like heracy but what about non-alcoholic beers?

When I do make it in on match days, it's always FO & lemonade (which is at a great low price, thanks for that!) as I'm a driver and always bring the car, it would be nice to have the idea that I'm drinking a beer without the worry of losing my license !

We have stocked Becks blue in the past - it often goes out of date due to lack of purchases :P

GM

No! However surely making the Edminston Club into a pub/restaurant would be the way to go?

Edmiston House should be used for the shop on the ground floor where it can be easily seen from the main road. A cafe/bar on the second floor and the club museum on the top floor. I'd also put the ticket office where it was previously at the back of Ed house if there would still be sufficient space. Having these operations together would help to generate spending by visitors. We don't need another restaurant as we have an excellent one in Argyle House.