The Louden Tavern & Wee Rangers Club

Smile

Should Rangers take over the Louden and wee Rangers club  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers take over the Louden and wee Rangers club so all money goes to the Club

• Yes
    • No
    • Fuck you Smile
    • Explain in thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea but Rangers should definitely have used the edmiston house better over the years, they should definitely be capitalising on the drinking culture and making money for the club instead of it going to individuals ! Fans like to be about stadium and this would be a way of cashing in on it !

Edmiston House should be used for the shop on the ground floor where it can be easily seen from the main road. A cafe/bar on the second floor and the club museum on the top floor. I'd also put the ticket office where it was previously at the back of Ed house if there would still be sufficient space. Having these operations together would help to generate spending by visitors. We don't need another restaurant as we have an excellent one in Argyle House.

Sounds good and fans coming in for their tickets and to visit the museum could have a pint ! Perfect !

You trying to take my business away Frown - maybe I did prefer smile after all :lol:

If the club want to bid for the pub then we can talk :)

GM

Any chance you can get a quality premium lager on tap in the louden?

Stella for example, tennents and my guts don't get on very well the day

after a beer session

We have Carling and San Miguel on tap too.

We were offered heverlee last week right enough.

Gm

So long as you keep selling Newcie Brown and keep stocking it in the bottom fridge.

That way when a certain young lady is serving, it quenches both my lust and my thirst

So long as you keep selling Newcie Brown and keep stocking it in the bottom fridge.

That way when a certain young lady is serving, it quenches both my lust and my thirst

:lol:

I have to admit, there are other reasons than just the beer to visit TheLouden .. oh yes !!

Fuck, I need to get a pizza oven in :lol:

Uch when you are the best pub people are always going to have a go :lol:

But seriously I love my job - Last year maybe wasn't the best but this year will be good.

When Rangers are good, the Rangers pubs are good - Whether its us, WRC, or any on the PRW - I'm sure they could see the difference last year - the play - offs brought a hint of optimism (that was ultimately unfounded) but the new management team has the support excited imo - some good signings and we'll be buzzing for the new season.

GM

Can we sing the billy boys in your pub?

Can we sing the billy boys in your pub?

Not in its current broadly sung iteration.

We must abide by current licensing legislation and any song that mentions the term 'fenian' in what is perceived by the authorities to be in a derogatory manner is not allowed.

I think that a simple change in the lyrics would allow the song to be acceptable - the suggestion u heard was 'we sing the sash and derry's walls' which I like. I think an orchestrated campaign could allow the song to come back in force.

I was speaking to a couple of lads about it and when I get a chance in a couple of weeks I think I might try to get something started

GM

Not in its current broadly sung iteration.

We must abide by current licensing legislation and any song that mentions the term 'fenian' in what is perceived by the authorities to be in a derogatory manner is not allowed.

I think that a simple change in the lyrics would allow the song to be acceptable - the suggestion u heard was 'we sing the sash and derry's walls' which I like. I think an orchestrated campaign could allow the song to come back in force.

I was speaking to a couple of lads about it and when I get a chance in a couple of weeks I think I might try to get something started

GM

There used to be a "Bill boys committee" on here a while back, they got nowhere.

So good luck with it, I hope you succeed where others haven't.

We managed to do it with the famine song.

Only problem is, some will never drop the Fenian blood line. That will be your biggest challenge.

Good luck with it though.

There used to be a "Bill boys committee" on here a while back, they got nowhere.

So good luck with it, I hope you succeed where others haven't.

We managed to do it with the famine song.

Only problem is, some will never drop the Fenian blood line. That will be your biggest challenge.

Good luck with it though.

It's certainly s challenge but the positives of the song to get the team going are worth giving it a go I think.

GM

Id suggest a rendezvous for a swally - but yer penchant for non-alcoholic beers is a bit of a party pooper :P

Not a penchant, more of a requirement but I can always make an exception on a Saturday ... just get a lift from my boy :)

I'm sure I read today Brentford have a pub on every corner of their ground?

P.S Fuck you, frown.

They do have a pub in each corner. Went round them all a few months back.

The beer and scran in the ground is class as well. Good wee day out down there.

They do have a pub in each corner. Went round them all a few months back.

The beer and scran in the ground is class as well. Good wee day out down there.

That's quality. Would be may magic to have something like that up here if they were ever to stop treating football fans like children.

That's quality. Would be may magic to have something like that up here if they were ever to stop treating football fans like children.

Went into one of the pubs after the game and it was a bit bonkers. Had a bar and a lounge. The lounge was blacked out with disco lights flashing at 5:30pm.

Think that pub was closing. Landlord had put the rent up too much for it to be worth their while.

Enjoyed watching Brentford that day. Hopefully Warburton brings the same to the bears.