Waghorn

G.E.C.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's obviously not shite if he scored 249 goals, that's just an absurd opinion. A 20 goal a season striker is what we need right now ironically enough and Waghorn might get there but he does seem to miss some pretty easy chances.

Luis Suarez did the same at Liverpool before he started banging them in!

Luis Suarez did the same at Liverpool before he started banging them in!

Waghorn isn't on his level though. He just doesn't look like a natural finisher, he looked better out wide against St Mirren. He has a whiff of Naismith about him in his style of play which isn't a bad thing, but a new striker who is a finisher wouldn't be a bad thing.

Waghorn isn't on his level though. He just doesn't look like a natural finisher, he looked better out wide against St Mirren. He has a whiff of Naismith about him in his style of play which isn't a bad thing, but a new striker who is a finisher wouldn't be a bad thing.

Doesnt matter what level you are on.. Suarez didnt look like he could finish either...but that soon changed! Waghorn looked better out wide because he got loads more space and time out there.. ANY striker that comes in and has to play against packed defensive walls is going to struggle. Waghorn, in my opinion, is far more suited to it than May is for the simple reason - he is trickier and better with the ball at his feet. He is also better at the old layoffs as well. Thats the kind of player we need in there! 2 goals in 3 games aint bad, by the way. He will improve as well.. Patience is what we need.

He's obviously not shite if he scored 249 goals, that's just an absurd opinion. A 20 goal a season striker is what we need right now ironically enough and Waghorn might get there but he does seem to miss some pretty easy chances.

You tell me what hes good at then?

Cant pass, cant run, cant read the game, shite first touch, zero skill, poor attitute, cant link up play, cant defend....

He scored some important goals for Rangers, but the simple fact is almost all managers who worked with him dropped him in big games. Even Killie last time round were benchin him goin to the midden, n pittodrie. He'll always have his "ah but he scored 200 odd goals", and its a remarkable achievement, made even more remarkable by the fact that he is, and always was, shite

Edit; just to add, the SPL's top goalscorers for the last 3 seasons; adam rooney, kris commons, michael higdon. It's alright though, coz Boyds the leading scorer of all time. Derek Riordan is 3rd

Cant pass, cant run, cant read the game, shite first touch, zero skill, poor attitute, cant link up play, cant defend....

He scored some important goals for Rangers, but the simple fact is almost all managers who worked with him dropped him in big games. Even Killie last time round were benchin him goin to the midden, n pittodrie. He'll always have his "ah but he scored 200 odd goals", and its a remarkable achievement, made even more remarkable by the fact that he is, and always was, shite

Edit; just to add, the SPL's top goalscorers for the last 3 seasons; adam rooney, kris commons, michael higdon. It's alright though, coz Boyds the leading scorer of all time. Derek Riordan is 3rd

I'd dispute that actually. I thought Boyd was one of the few players last season who's passes weren't sloppy.

Also, you can't really compare Boyd and Waghorn. Completely different players.

I'd dispute that actually. I thought Boyd was one of the few players last season who's passes weren't sloppy.

Also, you can't really compare Boyd and Waghorn. Completely different players.

Ok, i'll take your point, if you feel Kris Boyds passing ability is decent then fair enough, I completely disagree.

And if you read back, it was in defence of having someone like Waghorn as your centre forward in the system we use, in comparison to Boyd. Different players, yes. Different position, no.

If Man U go with Rooney up front then i bet you £100 he'll be compared to Aguero and Costa come the end of the season. Totally different players. Same position though eh.

Doesnt matter what level you are on.. Suarez didnt look like he could finish either...but that soon changed! Waghorn looked better out wide because he got loads more space and time out there.. ANY striker that comes in and has to play against packed defensive walls is going to struggle. Waghorn, in my opinion, is far more suited to it than May is for the simple reason - he is trickier and better with the ball at his feet. He is also better at the old layoffs as well. Thats the kind of player we need in there! 2 goals in 3 games aint bad, by the way. He will improve as well.. Patience is what we need.

Suarez was 159 games 111 goals at Ajax so he obviously knew where the goal was. Waghorn was 114 games 20 goals at Leicester and 41 games 8 goals at Wigan which doesn't make me think he's particularly prolific. I like him as a player, but he needs to be more clinical.

He does the hardest thing in the game to do, score goals. Beating a man on the wing 20 times or cute passing means fuck all if you lose the game because you can't score.

He does the hardest thing in the game to do, score goals. Beating a man on the wing 20 times or cute passing means fuck all if you lose the game because you can't score.

Boyd could put the ball in the net............ if he was supplied as he did not work or create. With the way we are set up now he would not get a game as he did not work enough. If you asked most bears if they wanted Boyd back I don't think many would.

Suarez was 159 games 111 goals at Ajax so he obviously knew where the goal was. Waghorn was 114 games 20 goals at Leicester and 41 games 8 goals at Wigan which doesn't make me think he's particularly prolific. I like him as a player, but he needs to be more clinical.

Statistics eh.. Now, where was he playing in those games? He was used out wide at Wigan for instance - how many of those games were from the bench etc. As OneDavidCooper said above.. Henry went 10 games without scoring for Arsenal.. people said he was never a striker and couldnt cut it at Arsenal. We have Waghorn who has scored 2 goals in 3 games - not bad. Give him time..he is exactly the type of player you need in a tight defence..he can get out of it. Im not sure May would suit it to be honest.

Statistics eh.. Now, where was he playing in those games? He was used out wide at Wigan for instance - how many of those games were from the bench etc. As OneDavidCooper said above.. Henry went 10 games without scoring for Arsenal.. people said he was never a striker and couldnt cut it at Arsenal. We have Waghorn who has scored 2 goals in 3 games - not bad. Give him time..he is exactly the type of player you need in a tight defence..he can get out of it. Im not sure May would suit it to be honest.

Henry started as winger for Arsenal I'm sure.

Henry started as winger for Arsenal I'm sure.

Arsenal was the 1st club he played for as a striker. Wenger signed him with the intention of converting him from a winger to a striker.

After several games, Henry was being criticised by fans and pundits alike.

But not for long.

I do think we need another clinical striker, a striker who only needs a half chance to score, as much as I love Waghorn he is more suited to a winger type role, we are very short in that department. Clark is just not good enough and is definitely not clinical, at the age Miller is at I don't think he could last the whole game and hardy is untested. A stevie may or Billy macky type player, I think we are only one or two players off from being a very good side!

Had Waghorn's first touch not been as good as it is then I might be worried, but he is undoubtedly a footballer. Given time he'll learn to open up space with the kind of touch he has and create his own chances half the time. I didn't expect him to be as good as he is, and Warburton will get the best out of him.

Had Waghorn's first touch not been as good as it is then I might be worried, but he is undoubtedly a footballer. Given time he'll learn to open up space with the kind of touch he has and create his own chances half the time. I didn't expect him to be as good as he is, and Warburton will get the best out of him.

(tu) as soon as he calms down and stops snatching at the ball, the shoots will start hitting the target. This style is new to all the players and nerves will also play a part.