Neil Mccann

graeme_4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very underrated I think. Quick, could beat a man, great final ball and could also score goals.

The best out and out left winger we've had in the last 20 years or so IMO.

Also has carries himself really well in the media, and always speaks well of Rangers.

Thoughts...?

I take it you have been in the face book Rangers archives page tonight as well? What a player he was for us. He had a beckham like cross at times

Definitely a talent and a half for us and put some great goals away, especially at the tottie field, more especially in "that game".

I will always treasure this player for all his on and continued off field contributions to our Club. I never actually thought he was underrated though.

Great guy also .... as said above.

:uk:

There was a point when McCann was just as important to us as Gazza and Laudrup. He was setting them up, scoring, and was an absolute menace in attack. That period didn't last but the fact he could reach that level of performance at times tells its own story. Will always be grateful to him for winning the league at the piggery.

There was a point when McCann was performing just as well as Gazza and Laudrup. He was setting them up, scoring, and was an absolute menace. That period didn't last long but the fact he could reach that level of performance at times tells its own story. Will always be grateful to him for winning the league at the piggery.

He never played in the same team as Gascoigne and Laudrup,

Very underrated I think. Quick, could beat a man, great final ball and could also score goals.

The best out and out left winger we've had in the last 20 years or so IMO.

Also has carries himself really well in the media, and always speaks well of Rangers.

Thoughts...?

I totally agree. Playing with R de Boer brought out the best in him.

A very intelligent player who could find space, knew when to release the ball and had great "pitch geography".

Billy Dodds could learn a lot from Neil McCann when talking about Rangers in the media. Even when surrounded by former Celtic players and Rangers-haters he stands up for us steadfast and strong.

Even though McCann is a Tim himself. Top man and great player.

Was never underrated.

There was a point when McCann was just as important to us as Gazza and Laudrup. He was setting them up, scoring, and was an absolute menace in attack. That period didn't last but the fact he could reach that level of performance at times tells its own story. Will always be grateful to him for winning the league at the piggery.

Spot on mate, was going to say the same. I've been watching a lot of our Advocat era games on YouTube recently (since 6 days in between watching us in our current form is too long) and it reminded me how important he was for us. He brought his A game to all the big games v Celtic and in Europe, just quality.

But I agree with the OP, or at least know what he meant when he said perhaps he was underrated because he's not really mentioned As much as Laudrup, de Boer, Mols or Gazza etc. when we talk of the great players we had at the time. Just my opinion though.

As i've said before,Neill McCann came from a ceotic supporting family from Port Glasgow.

Neil himself was rumoured to support them to but growing up playing football every saturday his 'support' would gave been limited.

When he signed for us and subsequently scored against the bheggars his families homes in the port were targetted,windows smashed etc.

There's no doubting who he supports now as his media stuff shows and another wee clue is that he was sat just next to me in the club deck for the play off game vs Motherwell.

His nephew worked in the gym i went to and said he supported Hearts as Beil ended up there,he couldn't bring himself to support Rangers,his other nephew still supports 'them'right enough.

With that said i must say i thought wee Neil was a cracking player for us and for Dundee/Hearts.

A good proper winger who had just about everything in his locker.