Mark Warburton: Barrie McKay Is Just Brilliant

LeeWallaceRFC

Less than a year ago I started a thread about bringing back McKay for the bheasts game

I got slated on as a wumen who knows nothing about football and told Aird was a better player than Baz :P

I'm sure a bet/forfeit was made but can't find the thread 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bogtrotters said:

Less than a year ago I started a thread about bringing back McKay for the bheasts game

I got slated on as a wumen who knows nothing about football and told Aird was a better player than Baz :P

I'm sure a bet/forfeit was made but can't find the thread 

I don't think Baz could ever be as good under Ally as what he is under Warburton. 

Although, Ally should've utilized him sooner, Baz himself has said it knocked his confidence a bit. 

4 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

That's a pretty blinded view.

Is MW ruining the careers of Gasparotto, Crawford, Murdoch, Ramsey, Sinnamon, Walsh and Kelly just to pick his mates instead?

It's not blinded at all, None of the above imo are good enough to play for Rangers, McKay was better than what we had to offer the past 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

I don't think Baz could ever be as good under Ally as what he is under Warburton. 

Although, Ally should've utilized him sooner, Baz himself has said it knocked his confidence a bit. 

First time I saw him play I thought he had "it"

First touch and swagger the real naturals have that can never be taught

5 minutes ago, Bogtrotters said:

First time I saw him play I thought he had "it"

First touch and swagger the real naturals have that can never be taught

I think Baz has a pretty good future ahead of himself, I hope we can hold onto him a bit longer at least until we got 55.

considering he's been with us since we went down I'd say he earned to touch silver 

9 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Well, they don't get a game for us so it's hard to judge. Point remains, ignoring who the manager is and if people like him or not, is loaning out Auchenhowie youth ruining their careers?

McKay was an 18/19 year old boy, to categorically say those loans ruined him or set him back is silly. Having 50,000 put all the weight of their expectations and demands on a teenager just starting his career could have had a detrimental effect, we've seen it before in young players more often than not. Maybe he would have took it in his stride, or maybe his poor attitude would have become worse. Who knows? It's all conjecture. Those loans may well have been the making of him, and under Warburton's guidance now he is improving and flourishing.

I remember hearing boos and groans around Ibrox when he failed to beat the full back or misplaced a cross, that type of pressure for a teenager will always be difficult to handle. Playing away from the grandeur of Ibrox and the weight of our expectation where he could see what he was missing and learn away from the spotlight would have been a benefit to his learning curve IMO.

It's a silly thing to say, period.

Never ruined him, I didn't say that. He should've been playing 1st team football imo.  

7 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Best first touch at the club.100%

I remember in the third div, in one game, Templeton was on one wing With McKay on the other wing.

The both of them did 50 yard passes to each other, controlled it amazingly and passed it back all the way from the other side of the pitch 3 times in 15 seconds, the both of them killed the ball drop dead like a stone with one touch each time. It felt like watching Scholes & Ronaldo do that at Man Utd in training or on a video to show off or something it was literally that good. The commentators didn't say anything about it but I was watching the match and it took my breath away.