Jean-Claude Darcheville

GOAT

Still can't believe that miss against Lyon. :lol: 

I had no idea he lost his wife and kids in a car accident in his early 20's, must take a strong man to come back from that and keep playing football.

Jean-Claude Darcheville na na na na na. 

I was stood outside the main stand near the corner at around 1400 and he had just parked his car in the primary school. Someone stopped him and asked him for an autograph and a photo. I took a walk around the stadium and returned to roughly the same spot around 30 minutes later and he had hardly moved. Every time he took a step someone else asked him for a photo and to be fair he didn't look annoyed or upset. Posed for everyone that asked.

Its a shame what happened to his family. Maybe football kept him going.

15 minutes ago, Loyal-Bear said:

Seemed like he really enjoyed his time here too.

I'm sure I read an interview where he said his 18 months here was the best of his career especially the Manchester season.

Im sure there was a really strong rumour that he had signed for Sheffield Wednesday or someone like that round about the time we played them in a friendly! :lol:

Ended up being a lot of pish.

I liked the guy, was another case of one of those players we wished we had got earlier in his career. I mind thinking he was a complete nut case though after his first couple of games. Did he not get sent off in a friendly? Or try to start a fight? :lol:

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'm sure I read an interview where he said his 18 months here was the best of his career especially the Manchester season.

Think he was a player we were linked with most of his career as well. Liked the big man. Was a class act. 

"Rangers are interested in Jean-Claude and so are many other teams," Karim Djaziri told the Sunday Mail.

"Alex McLeish has been in touch with us asking to be kept kept informed. Jean-Claude has known Alex for many years and so have I. Alex tried to sign him for Hibs.

"Jean-Claude wants to go to Rangers and wants to work with Alex. He also wants to play alongside Dado Prso.

"Jean-Claude is a lightning quick player and will do well for Rangers. It's up to Rangers and Bordeaux to sort out a transfer fee if the move is to go through next month, if not he can go for free in the summer."

Prso and Darcheville :drool:

46 minutes ago, wully said:

Unbelievable GOAT.

No room for people like that on this forum.  Now if he said he was a gun toating, drive by shooting, drug selling, rap singing, basketball playing gang banger, I could understand.  But no need for racism on here comparing the guy to another guy just because they are both black.

A bananable offence.

19 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No room for people like that on this forum.  Now if he said he was a gun toating, drive by shooting, drug selling, rap singing, basketball playing gang banger, I could understand.  But no need for racism on here comparing the guy to another guy just because they are both black.

A bannable offence.

A banana-ble offence?  Racism everywhere tssk

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Still can't believe that miss against Lyon. :lol: 

I had no idea he lost his wife and kids in a car accident in his early 20's, must take a strong man to come back from that and keep playing football.

Jean-Claude Darcheville na na na na na. 

Aye, up there with Healy's European miss.

He knew it and lost the plot after his miss, got himself sent off if I remember right lol