Ballot For Final

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Camshy said:

Just sign up and tick the box, I do it every season because I missed a game a while back and thought "that's not happening to me again "

If you keep encouraging those who don't tick the box to do so, then it very well might happen to you again.

I already know of 5 ST holders who have never signed up for the semi/final scheme before but have done so for the coming season.

All because people keep telling them "well you should always tick the box"

If it ever comes a time when even CCCS means you are in a ballot for Hampden games, then I am going to take a note of all those "tick the box" folk on here and haunt you all when I am deid.

28 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Should be first come first served for remaining tickets after cccs.

Definitely.

I should hopefully be successful in this ballot cause I never got one for the semi, BUT, I have to say it should always be first come first served

11 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Not at all. 

You will never convince me otherwise. I had good friends who travel everywhere and have done for years miss the semi final.

They deserve the chance more. 

Alienating loyal fans is wrong, the club know it, hence why they are doing the right thing. 

They run risk of losing loyal fans who have followed the club all over, that is why they are sharing the opportunity wider. 

I'm guaranteed a ticket and have already promised it to a mate on my bus if he isn't lucky in ballot. 

Alienating loyal fans is exactly what the Club is doing here. Many loyal fans who have travelled the country to see us will be banned from the ballot.

Plenty of fans who have been to every round in the Cup will now have zero chance of getting to the final because a bunch of wining babies think its "unfair" that they didnt get an OF ticket.

No one fan deserves a ticket more than the other, but all of those who bought their ST at the start of the season deserve a chance to get one. The Club have taken that chance away from many ST holders.

Youre second to last sentence is utter utter nonsense. The Club doesnt risk losing any loyal fans, if someone was to go in the huff and chuck it because they missed out on Semi and Final tickets then they are not loyal fans and are welcome to fuck off IMO.

A ballot of all ST holders is the only fair way. Every ST holder should have the same chance of a ticket for every game. Obviously plenty of folk have went in the huff and complained to the Club because they feel hard done by because they didnt get an OF ticket.

The first ballot was completely fair, everyone had a chance, anyone who missed out wasnt hard done by, they were just unlucky, if they did it the same way again and they missed out then theyd be unlucky again. But obviously some are just bitter and want to act like weans because the world is so unfair to them.

I cant believe how some are reacting to this, acting like it some victory for them or something, its one thing to be happy that you got a ticket, its another thing to hope someone else doesnt.

If the Club are going to do this then they should ensure that everyone who wins on this ballot is automaticaly out of the next ballot, whether its for a final, a european game or an OF, if folk want to be bitter and the Club want to back them then they should change their policy instead of just saying "yeah a lot of babies felt hard done by because they missed the old firm so they want us to take it out on the rest of the support"

13 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Just out of curiosity, if you go to every game (no reason to doubt you by the way) why do you not tick the relevant  boxes ? I honesty can't understand people who never miss a game yet when this comes up nearly every season for us they are surprised when demand for tickets mean they could miss out. 

I didnt have card facilities at the time, as I purchased my ST outright last season. In order to sign up to cccs you are required to enter card details which at the time I didnt have. I have done this year and signed up to cccs as I now have a card that can be used.

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Alienating loyal fans is exactly what the Club is doing here. Many loyal fans who have travelled the country to see us will be banned from the ballot.

Plenty of fans who have been to every round in the Cup will now have zero chance of getting to the final because a bunch of wining babies think its "unfair" that they didnt get an OF ticket.

No one fan deserves a ticket more than the other, but all of those who bought their ST at the start of the season deserve a chance to get one. The Club have taken that chance away from many ST holders.

Youre second to last sentence is utter utter nonsense. The Club doesnt risk losing any loyal fans, if someone was to go in the huff and chuck it because they missed out on Semi and Final tickets are not loyal fans.

A ballot of all ST holders is the only fair way. Every ST holder should have the same chance of a ticket for every game. Obviously plenty of folk have went in the huff and complained to the Club because they feel hard done by because they didnt get an OF ticket.

The first ballot was completely fair, everyone had a chance, anyone who missed out wasnt hard done by, they were just unlucky, if they did it the same way again and they missed out then theyd be unlucky again. But obviously some are just bitter and want to act like weans because the world is so unfair to them.

I cant believe how some are reacting to this, acting like it some victory for them or something, its one thing to be happy that you got a ticket, its another thing to hope someone else doesnt.

If the Club are going to do this then they should ensure that everyone who wins on this ballot is automaticaly out of the next ballot, whether its for a final, a european game or an OF, if folk want to be bitter and the Club want to back them then they should change their policy instead of just saying "yeah a lot of babies felt hard done by because they missed the old firm so they want us to take it out on the rest of the support"

That not true nothing to do with fans it was the Club that made the decision not the so called wining fans as you call them. Like me been every cup game home and away and still missed out just by pure luck than anything my boss give me his. I think its an attempt to be fair to the fans who missed out on one of the biggest games of the season. This bollocks about fans being punished is utter rubbish.

4 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

That not true nothing to do with fans it was the Club that made the decision not the so called wining fans as you call them. Like me been every cup game home and away and still missed out just by pure luck than anything my boss give me his. I think its an attempt to be fair to the fans who missed out on one of the biggest games of the season. This bollocks about fans being punished is utter rubbish.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Club was inundated with complaints from folk who didnt get an OF ticket.

At the end of the day the first ballot was fair - everyone gets a chance

The second ballot is unfair as many do not have a chance.

Thats twice youve mentioned missing out on the previous ballot, youre obviously feeling bitter about it.

If I was in the ballot and missed out id think "well I was unlucky" I wouldnt think "this is unfair"

If I was automatically ruled out of a ballot id think "this is bloody unfair, do I not deserve a chance?" I wouldnt think "well at least I got a chance but I was unlucky" because I wouldnt be unlucky because I didnt have a chance in the first place.

Folk who are in the upcoming ballot had a fair shot at winning in both ballots, folk who got OF tickets only had a fair shot in one ballot

The fact that so many find this concept hard to grasp baffles me.

7 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

I didnt have card facilities at the time, as I purchased my ST outright last season. In order to sign up to cccs you are required to enter card details which at the time I didnt have. I have done this year and signed up to cccs as I now have a card that can be used.

I was in a similar situation. When I got my season ticket two years back the club wouldn't accept credit card payments. So I didn't have the option to tick the box. To be honest it wasn't something I thought was necessary back then.

14 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Think the ballot idea is shite. Why should people who missed out through pure luck, have a much better chance this time round than those who got a SF ticket via pure luck? 

You had a semi final ticket didn't you? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Willis said:

I wouldnt be surprised if the Club was inundated with complaints from folk who didnt get an OF ticket.

At the end of the day the first ballot was fair - everyone gets a chance

The second ballot is unfair as many do not have a chance.

Thats twice youve mentioned missing out on the previous ballot, youre obviously feeling bitter about it.

If I was in the ballot and missed out id think "well I was unlucky" I wouldnt think "this is unfair"

If I was automatically ruled out of a ballot id think "this is bloody unfair, do I not deserve a chance?" I wouldnt think "well at least I got a chance but I was unlucky" because I wouldnt be unlucky because I didnt have a chance in the first place.

The fact that so many find this concept hard to grasp baffles me.

LOL was really pissed off about at the time still cant believe I missed out in the second one as well, I was just very lucky and got a good boss.

I understand where fans are coming from to be honest, its a good complaint for the club to have fans fighting over tickets as the want to go to the games something that didnt have over the last 3 year. I have a couple of m8 who didnt get a ticket for the OF game and havent missed a game cup or home or away thinking they got a better chance of getting to the cup final if they missed out again because luck, some are just lucky than others. I take your point about not having the chance.

3 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Should be first come first served for remaining tickets after cccs.

And have people selling the tickets for 100s of pounds? There should be a points system like the travel club where you gain points for attending games, why should someone who goes to watch us getting beat on a freezing cold night at livingstone and other not so glamourous games miss out  on a ticket to a big game fan?

Yes all season tickets should be congratulated for putting money into the club but if they only use it for big games they shouldnt be complain about missing out on a ticket to fan who goes every week.

9 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

And have people selling the tickets for 100s of pounds? There should be a points system like the travel club where you gain points for attending games, why should someone who goes to watch us getting beat on a freezing cold night at livingstone and other not so glamourous games miss out  on a ticket to a big game fan?

Yes all season tickets should be congratulated for putting money into the club but if they only use it for big games they shouldnt be complain about missing out on a ticket to fan who goes every week.

Yeah fairest way. First come first served for season ticket holders only I mean. Not a general sale.

yeah if you pay your money up front into the club then you do deserve priority over people who even travel to away games.

You can get to away games easy through mates tickets and so forth. So even a points thing would be tricky.

Points system would only work if you got away tickets direct through Rangers.

Would be to hard to police points through supporters clubs and we wouldn't want to lose them 

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah fairest way. First come first served for season ticket holders only I mean. Not a general sale.

yeah if you pay your money up front into the club then you do deserve priority over people who even travel to away games.

You can get to away games easy through mates tickets and so forth. So even a points thing would be tricky.

Points system would only work if you got away tickets direct through Rangers.

Would be to hard to police points through supporters clubs and we wouldn't want to lose them 

Even season tickets should go by how often your card is activated, if a seat lies empty most of the year but gets activated for big games a fan who is there every week should get priority

15 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I think the way the OF tickets were distributed was completely fair.

Those who signed up at the start before we knew it was the tims we were playing got a ticket

RSCs got a good share

and Full ST holders all got a fair crack at getting a ticket.

And frankly, the Club doesnt really care about how many games you actually attend as long as you bought your ST.

Whats going to happen if we draw Aberdeen in the Semi Final next year, but the tims are in the other semi? Are folk going to knock back their Aberdeen ticket because theyre worried that they'll be automatically out of the OF ballot? This is just going to create an utter clusterfuck, and a ton of arguments amongst the support, ive said for a while that the ticket office is an utter shambles and this proves it.

And I am on CCCS so everything I say is from a neutrals standpoint, id like it if every ST holder got a ticket but thats impossible, I think some are just being a bit immature about the fact they missed out on an OF through sheer bad luck. I think the first ballot was completely fair and I praised the Club for handling it well, but whomever came up with the idea of automatically excluding thousands of loyal ST holders is a fucking moron and wants sacked because they havent a fucking clue.

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

I think the way the OF tickets were distributed was completely fair.

Those who signed up at the start before we knew it was the tims we were playing got a ticket

RSCs got a good share

and Full ST holders all got a fair crack at getting a ticket.

And frankly, the Club doesnt really care about how many games you actually attend as long as you bought your ST.

Whats going to happen if we draw Aberdeen in the Semi Final next year, but the tims are in the other semi? Are folk going to knock back their Aberdeen ticket because theyre worried that they'll be automatically out of the OF ballot? This is just going to create an utter clusterfuck, and a ton of arguments amongst the support, ive said for a while that the ticket office is an utter shambles and this proves it.

And I am on CCCS so everything I say is from a neutrals standpoint, id like it if every ST holder got a ticket but thats impossible, I think some are just being a bit immature about the fact they missed out on an OF through sheer bad luck. I think the first ballot was completely fair and I praised the Club for handling it well, but whomever came up with the idea of automatically excluding thousands of loyal ST holders is a fucking moron and wants sacked because they havent a fucking clue.

I dont have a season ticket and was away for the semi, iv asked the bus for a ticket for the final on the off chance of getting one, I have said to the lad that runs it I dont expect one because of my job im not a regular due to me being away half the year, im not gona huff like fuck if I dont get one because I think the ones who go to all or most of the games should be rewarded before fans that go to some games but can suddenly make it if its a old firm etc