Warburton contract talks stalled?

Pedrono1

Hi guys seen on rangersnewsnow page that the daily express is reporting that talks have broken down on the extention to his contract at the last minute apparently and has vowed to see out the next year of his deal . Just wondering if anyone has heard this anywhere else?  I'm hoping it's just bullshit but we never know. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exclusive: Mark Warburton set to stay at Rangers despite contract talks collapse

Warburton was widely expected to sign a new deal after leading Rangers back into the Scottish Premiership.

The former City trader has been the target of a number of Premier League and Championship outfits since moving to the Glasgow club last summer.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/679026/Exclusive-Mark-Warburton-Rangers-Stay-Ibrox-SPL-Manager-Contract-News

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Exclusive: Mark Warburton set to stay at Rangers despite contract talks collapse

Warburton was widely expected to sign a new deal after leading Rangers back into the Scottish Premiership.

The former City trader has been the target of a number of Premier League and Championship outfits since moving to the Glasgow club last summer.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/679026/Exclusive-Mark-Warburton-Rangers-Stay-Ibrox-SPL-Manager-Contract-News

Ye bud that's the same article just couldn't copy and paste it lol cheers 

5 minutes ago, Pedrono1 said:

Hi guys seen on rangersnewsnow page that the daily express is reporting that talks have broken down on the extention to his contract at the last minute apparently and has vowed to see out the next year of his deal . Just wondering if anyone has heard this anywhere else?  I'm hoping it's just bullshit but we never know. 

Does it honestly say last minute? :D

Just now, BluesClues said:

If he doesn't want to stay past his three year deal, then it would be a shame, but not the end of the world.

My only issue with that is if he was to leave we need to bring someone in who will play the same style of football 

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Does anyone really expect him to stay beyond his current deal?

Can't see it 

No chance. 

Which is a shame, but he'll want a new challenge and I accept that. Hopefully we find someone similar when the time comes. (tu) 

If he wants to stay here for three years and then move on he'll have my thanks.  I just hope the board are doing everything within their power to convince the guy to stay.  It'll be a dark day when Warburton leaves.

Just now, ben51 said:

No chance. 

Which is a shame, but he'll want a new challenge and I accept that. Hopefully we find someone similar when the time comes. (tu) 

I would hope he sees out his current deal at least, which should be enough time to have set down solid foundations we can build on, and make sourcing a replacement easier.

7 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

If he doesn't want to stay past his three year deal, then it would be a shame, but not the end of the world.

Only two according to article.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If he wants to stay here for three years and then move on he'll have my thanks.  I just hope the board are doing everything within their power to convince the guy to stay.  It'll be a dark day when Warburton leaves.

It might be a case of them wanting him to prove himself in our top league before over committingon length of contract