Under 20s in Irn Bru Cup

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

When do we find out which Welsh and Northern Irish teams are selected?

Crusaders and Linfield,
Bala Town and The New Saints

When and who enter where >>>>> http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup--first-round-draw/

Report on the official site:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/rangers-u20-4-stirling-uni-0/

Are we at home for the next round and if so I really hope the club does more to advertise this and have them playing at Ibrox as I'm sure a few thousand fans would happily go and support them.

On top of that it gives the youngsters a chance to play at Ibrox and get a feel of the place,

Just checked next round will be a home tie for us.

30 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Are we at home for the next round and if so I really hope the club does more to advertise this and have them playing at Ibrox as I'm sure a few thousand fans would happily go and support them.

On top of that it gives the youngsters a chance to play at Ibrox and get a feel of the place,

Ridiculous decision to play this at Forthbank. I get the feeling the club really do not care for having any sort of crowd at U20 games,  the cost of security probably would outweigh the gate money. 

55 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

What's your thoughts on this group Elf? First I've seen them tonight (although I've seen most of them across various other sides) and I was impressed. Thought they executed the tactics really well and played with an intensity, in the first half especially, that the first team could really learn from.

9 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Last night was also a home tie. I'm sure they are using Forthbank as their home venue this year.

just under 500 there last night was a decent turnout.

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

What's your thoughts on this group Elf? First I've seen them tonight (although I've seen most of them across various other sides) and I was impressed. Thought they executed the tactics really well and played with an intensity, in the first half especially, that the first team could really learn from.

There are a few players in that group that could progress, you would have to bear in mind the quality of opponents last night.

This is a young Under 20 side, I've already stated a few times we only have two under 20 players on the books, both played last night but as they are at other clubs on loan they may not feature too much.

The starting lineup was made up of those two U20's, four 19's, three 18's and two 17's. with the bench made up of three 19's, three 18's and a 17.

Rangers use of over age players in the league will be minimal, some games they could face the max of six overage players in the opposition. It will be a good test for them and I'm looking forward to see how they cope and if the can progress.

3 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

There are a few players in that group that could progress, you would have to bear in mind the quality of opponents last night.

This is a young Under 20 side, I've already stated a few times we only have two under 20 players on the books, both played last night but as they are at other clubs on loan they may not feature too much.

The starting lineup was made up of those two U20's, four 19's, three 18's and two 17's. with the bench made up of three 19's, three 18's and a 17.

Rangers use of over age players in the league will be minimal, some games they could face the max of six overage players in the opposition. It will be a good test for them and I'm looking forward to see how they cope and if the can progress.

Stenhousemuir will be a better test. (Not sure if the club's put it out yet but it's next Wednesday at Forthbank at 7.45) I've got a feeling too that after the way the colt teams have largely excelled in the first round that they will get a bye into the next round in 2017. 

I think Hardie and Thompson will only feature for the 20's in the cup. Can't see them coming back to play dev league games if they are getting first team football out on loan. 

Do you think there can be more read into only Hardie & Thompson being recalled (out of the boys on loan) for it or do you think it's more that they are more "crucial" to our success in the Irn Bru Cup than, for example, Scott Roberts?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Do you think there can be more read into only Hardie & Thompson being recalled (out of the boys on loan) for it or do you think it's more that they are more "crucial" to our success in the Irn Bru Cup than, for example, Scott Roberts?

We can only play Under 20 players in the Challenge Cup, Hardie and Thompson are on Development loans so can play Under 20 games. Roberts, Walsh and Kelly are all now Under 21 players, therefore can't play in the Challenge Cup and can't play in the Development League while out on loan.

42 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

We can only play Under 20 players in the Challenge Cup, Hardie and Thompson are on Development loans so can play Under 20 games. Roberts, Walsh and Kelly are all now Under 21 players, therefore can't play in the Challenge Cup and can't play in the Development League while out on loan.

Arent Walsh, Kelly & Roberts are all still eligible as they were all still under 20 on January 1st?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Walsh, Kelly & Roberts are all still eligible as they were all still under 20 on January 1st.

They would have to still be 19 on 31st December this year.

Liam was 20 in January - Scott was 20 in March - Tom was 20 in July - Ryan Sinnamon was also 20 in July. 

All now too old for Under 20's.

Just now, Elfideldo said:

They would have to still be 19 on 31st December this year.

Liam was 20 in January - Scott was 20 in March - Tom was 20 in July - Ryan Sinnamon was also 20 in July. 

All now too old for Under 20's.

Ah ok, Seems odd they use a different method than most age-restricted competitions. 

5 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Sorry if I've missed it but what's the latest on Sinnamon, Murdoch & Crawford?