Under 20s in Irn Bru Cup

38 minutes ago, Eck the bear said:

It will be hard to make  it to the next round, away to Stenhousemuir is a tough match for any U20 side, I know Stenny have lost all their matches so far but if they get through this one they'll be doing well.

'mon the wee bears.

It's a home tie for Rangers - pedantic loyal :uk:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Our managers lack of intrest in the development squad/league seems to be making its way onto the pitch.

:lol:

First club to trial bio-banding, promoted players to first team squad, allowed many of our youngsters to go learn their trade at pro clubs.

But aye disinterested:lol:.

What he is disinterested in is the league, which is pointless. It's basically a glorified sunday league set up with no competition other than playing against other kids, it lacks the reality of professional football

Just now, Prso's headband said:

:lol:

First club to trial bio-banding, promoted players to first team squad, allowed many of our youngsters to go learn their trade at pro clubs.

But aye disinterested:lol:.

What he is disinterested in is the league, which is pointless. It's basically a glorified sunday league set up with no competition other than playing against other kids, it lacks the reality of professional football

He came out and said the development league was bassicly a waste of time and good young players would be better off out on loan hen disinterested in the development league/squad it's pretty simple.

if he doesn't see the point why should young players

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

He came out and said the development league was bassicly a waste of time and good young players would be better off out on loan hen disinterested in the development league/squad it's pretty simple.

Because they're playing for the opportunity to become professional footballers?

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

You've literally just reworded what I said. 

We all know how he feels about the development league and it's true. Just shows you what a waste of time it is when the next generation of Scottish footballers can't hack it against part timers. 

The players are better off out on loan and the players in the under 20s, most are 18 or under and in a year or two they will be loaned for pro football experience or promoted to first team squad

Our management lack of interest in the development squad/ league - what a load of mince . They are completely overhauling the youth set up . This takes time - the team out tonight only had 2 U20s the rest were younger . We at last seem to be heading in the right direction getting away from the years Sinclair was in charge . It will take time but we are moving in the right direction . The manager has stated right from the start how important developing the youths is . Get a grip 

1 minute ago, onefootwillie said:

Our management lack of interest in the development squad/ league - what a load of mince . They are completely overhauling the youth set up . This takes time - the team out tonight only had 2 U20s the rest were younger . We at last seem to be heading in the right direction getting away from the years Sinclair was in charge . It will take time but we are moving in the right direction . The manager has stated right from the start how important developing the youths is . Get a grip 

Sinclair was a clown agreed but I honestly don't see how we are heading in the right direction. Getting beat off Stenhousemuir and finishing mid table in the league isn't progress for me. I'd hope if we don't see a marked improvement this season then things need re-shuffled again and if that means getting rid of Mulholland then so be it. It's a shame as he's a great guy but that would be two years and results/standings would have went BACKWARDS from the Sinclair and Durrant/Durie days and that's really saying something.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Sinclair was a clown agreed but I honestly don't see how we are heading in the right direction. Getting beat off Stenhousemuir and finishing mid table in the league isn't progress for me. I'd hope if we don't see a marked improvement this season then things need re-shuffled again and if that means getting rid of Mulholland then so be it. It's a shame as he's a great guy but that would be two years and results/standings would have went BACKWARDS from the Sinclair and Durrant/Durie days and that's really saying something.

You don't see overnight improvement on youth development. We've completely restructured our set up and philosophy and have recruited some highly rated coaches and head of developments from other clubs with good youth reputation. The current crop were the same under Durrant/Sinclair and you won't see anything noticeable for a few years and even then you won't see anything really significant for maybe a decade.

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You've literally just reworded what I said. 

We all know how he feels about the development league and it's true. Just shows you what a waste of time it is when the next generation of Scottish footballers can't hack it against part timers. 

The players are better off out on loan and the players in the under 20s, most are 18 or under and in a year or two they will be loaned for pro football experience or promoted to first team squad

So we both agree that our manager isn't interested in the development squad/league?

7 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

You don't see overnight improvement on youth development. We've completely restructured our set up and philosophy and have recruited some highly rated coaches and head of developments from other clubs with good youth reputation. The current crop were the same under Durrant/Sinclair and you won't see anything noticeable for a few years and even then you won't see anything really significant for maybe a decade.

I know you don't see an overnight improvement, but you need to see something? certainly not go backwards anyway.

Not seeing any improvement for maybe a decade? honestly what's the point then - just scrap the set-up as it will cost too much money in that case.

You need to see something to go on to justify costs and keeping people in jobs surely? what happens if after a decade there's not much improvement, is that when we can judge and say "aw naw, guess that was the wrong strategy" .. what's wrong with being pro-active provided there's no rash moves? if we have a season at midtable again this season or even slightly better I'd act. I think we are well justified in doing so.

There's not that much to Celtic's set-up from what I've seen recent couple of years. They have similar (in fact I'd argue a bit inferior facilities than us) and their team isn't filled with Neymars - it's well organised, trained, the right blend of talent and physical players to get them results. Very direct and effective.

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

Well the development squad is youth players so...

Our manager rubbished the competition of the development league publicly saying it was pointless.

so if he doesn't care about it why couldn't that attitude filter through to the players?