Niko

stewaj3

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I disagree, if the manager picks a player that is clearly finding it difficult to keep up then it's the manager that needs judged not the player.

Niko is clearly not fit enough to play just now, so it's Warburton's decision making that should be called into question.

I agree with the manager being to blame.

But you can't not judge a player.

Based on what i saw today I wouldn't start him next week. I'm judging him on what I think he can offer now and that's not enough.  And it's due to fitness which is on him.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I agree with the manager being to blame.

But you can't not judge a player.

Based on what i saw today I wouldn't start him next week. I'm judging him on what I think he can offer now and that's not enough.  And it's due to fitness which is on him.

Same, I definitely wouldn't start him or miller. I guess Hill has to start because our backline are so jittery and lack good communication, so at least he'll bring that - doesn't bring much else though.

Kranjcar has quality. He can pick a pass great but he does seem like he might struggle at the moment with fitness and workrate to star in the team.

Jason Holt is a player we miss without seeing it because his movement was excellent last year. When the tempo was slow he was able to get in behind and cause problems.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Terrible? Lol

Sprayed passes about the full time. Tracked back a couple of times as well. 

He was brought in to be the link between defence and attack and done nothing wrong. 

Golden boy Barrie was woeful

Sorry but he was woeful. No running or tracking back. Some lovely skill in a tight situation but then would lose the ball. Just has no legs to be effective. And this is against a poor Hamilton Accies side. He has a lot to prove. I'd stick him on the bench in future 

he has never been a worker, even at the peak of his fitness he was like mendes, only problem now is that we can use niko for his passing and unlocking defences, but he has nothing to aim for, there is no central striker, a focal point for us to actual try and aim for

its all good saying the front 3 interchange, movement blah blah blah. but a centre half, a competent one must love playing us because our front man drops 30 yards towards his own goal and moves 20 yards towards the touchline

8 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Sorry but he was woeful. No running or tracking back. Some lovely skill in a tight situation but then would lose the ball. Just has no legs to be effective. And this is against a poor Hamilton Accies side. He has a lot to prove. I'd stick him on the bench in future 

Never in his career has he been known for tracking back or running. We have 10 other players who should be doing that. He is the player that does something special with the ball. It won't work every game but 90% of the passes he played were pinpoint. 

I think Mckay and Wallace are getting an easy time of it compared to Krancjar and Hill.

Mckay and Wallace were poor today. Very poor

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Terrible? Lol

Sprayed passes about the full time. Tracked back a couple of times as well. 

He was brought in to be the link between defence and attack and done nothing wrong. 

Golden boy Barrie was woeful

He didn't create anything. He was also at fault for the Hamilton goal = woeful

He wasn't the only one, but he was the worst player on the park... As he was a total passenger

Just now, stewaj3 said:

He didn't create anything. He was also at fault for the Hamilton goal = woeful

He wasn't the only one, but he was the worst player on the park... As he was a total passenger

At fault for the goal? Just shows you how woeful the defence were then if we have a CAM trying to stop a goal. 

Mckay was the worst player on the park by a mile

Warburton is totally betraying his system and we lose everything that was good about the team last year with Niko, Barton Miller and Hill in the same side. We've totally jumped the shark with this 'need for experience.' 

26 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Tbh, many said the same about Harry at first, but once he found his fitness....

Yup exactly the same thing, people were riding Forrester at first then he came into form big time. But for now I would play Forrester before Krancjar.

I still reckon he'll be an asset to us when he's 100%. Although one thing I will say is he needs to make decisions quicker. Quite a few times he was far too laid back in possession and let himself get under pressure. Feel like he doesn't want to do the simple passes and waits on the ball until he can play a killer pass. 

He was poor today however he was not the only one.