The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium Welcomes City Fans on Wednesday

Louden_Greg

We are delighted to be open from 11am on Wednesday to host the fans of Manchester City who are travelling up to Glasgow to watch their team.

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium is situated on 111 Copland Road, Ibrox, G51 2SL – Opposite Ibrox Subway Station with easy access to and from the city centre via the underground. For Coaches the nearby motorway provides a direct route to Celtic Park, normally a 14 minute Journey without traffic congestion (under 6 miles).

We will have City themed Music, Videos and even a couple of former City players coming in to see the fans – Gordon Smith and Jim Melrose. We have been contacted by a number of supporters’ buses who will be coming in.

We are a well-known Rangers Supporters Pub who used to catering for football supporters. A large pub, we have twelve 60” TV’s and will be showing the match in HD for those coming up who were unfortunate in not being able to obtain a ticket. We also have a large beer garden and smoking area that has covers. We are providing 600 free ham rolls and 300 free Scotch Pies for our guests.

For those attending the game via supporters bus, we have liaised with police to provide supporters buses with a route to the match. For those looking to use public transport we recommend utilising the Underground Station opposite the pub and heading into Buchanan Street where you can get a Hackney Cab easily to the game for little cost (the journey should be about a tenner and you can fit 5 people in the taxi).

We have also approached Rangers about providing extra tours to accommodate the City fans who wish to take a tour of The Magnificent Ibrox Stadium (well worth a visit). The Supporters Liaison Officer Jim Hannah can be contacted on 0141 580 8670 or at jhannah@rangers.co.uk to arrange a tour.

We hope that you can give us a visit while you are up! But even if you can’t enjoy your trip and be assured The Rangers Support wish you nothing but success and hope that you get a better result than Barcelona got against them…

If you questions, queries, or if there is any way we can help please get in contact:

Email: info@thelouden.co.uk

Twitter: @theloudentavern

Facebook: www.facebook.com/theloudentavern

Thanks very much!

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium – More Than A Pub

www.thelouden.co.uk

111 Copland Road

Ibrox

G51 2SL

-----------

Can everyone share this with any City fans they know?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys I know are indeed going to head to the LOUDEN TAVERN..I will be at a fellow BEARS 9th Year Sobriety Birthday on Wednesday night so I won't be there..

My heart will be with CITY on the night, But my head and my body will be sitting at an AA Meeting..

C'mon City..

Excellent gesture from The LOUDEN TAVERN. I am sure the CITY fans will enjoy the Hospitality immensely..

4 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

We are delighted to be open from 11am on Wednesday to host the fans of Manchester City who are travelling up to Glasgow to watch their team.

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium is situated on 111 Copland Road, Ibrox, G51 2SL – Opposite Ibrox Subway Station with easy access to and from the city centre via the underground. For Coaches the nearby motorway provides a direct route to Celtic Park, normally a 14 minute Journey without traffic congestion (under 6 miles).

We will have City themed Music, Videos and even a couple of former City players coming in to see the fans – Gordon Smith and Jim Melrose. We have been contacted by a number of supporters’ buses who will be coming in.

We are a well-known Rangers Supporters Pub who used to catering for football supporters. A large pub, we have twelve 60” TV’s and will be showing the match in HD for those coming up who were unfortunate in not being able to obtain a ticket. We also have a large beer garden and smoking area that has covers. We are providing 600 free ham rolls and 300 free Scotch Pies for our guests.

For those attending the game via supporters bus, we have liaised with police to provide supporters buses with a route to the match. For those looking to use public transport we recommend utilising the Underground Station opposite the pub and heading into Buchanan Street where you can get a Hackney Cab easily to the game for little cost (the journey should be about a tenner and you can fit 5 people in the taxi).

We have also approached Rangers about providing extra tours to accommodate the City fans who wish to take a tour of The Magnificent Ibrox Stadium (well worth a visit). The Supporters Liaison Officer Jim Hannah can be contacted on 0141 580 8670 or at jhannah@rangers.co.uk to arrange a tour.

We hope that you can give us a visit while you are up! But even if you can’t enjoy your trip and be assured The Rangers Support wish you nothing but success and hope that you get a better result than Barcelona got against them…

If you questions, queries, or if there is any way we can help please get in contact:

Email: info@thelouden.co.uk

Twitter: @theloudentavern

Facebook: www.facebook.com/theloudentavern

Thanks very much!

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium – More Than A Pub

www.thelouden.co.uk

111 Copland Road

Ibrox

G51 2SL

-----------

Can everyone share this with any City fans they know?

Is that the same Jim Melrose that played for the mhanky mob?

13 minutes ago, Buggleskelly said:

Is that the same Jim Melrose that played for the mhanky mob?

To quote my dad:

"I've known Jim since we were about ten years 
. Comes up for Big walk every year and a member of Lodge Scotia, hopefully that will stop the drama queens"

ive met Jim a couple of times and he's very much a bluenose who freely talks of the issues he had at parkhead 

18 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

To quote my dad:

. Comes up for Big walk every year and a member of Lodge Scotia, hopefully that will stop the drama queens"

ive met Jim a couple of times and he's very much a bluenose who freely talks of the issues he had at parkhead 

What 'issues' did he have at parkhead?

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

To quote my dad:

Didnae stop him working at Bolton wi TLB.

When I was a kid bluenoses would never have worked with scum like that.