board have a decision to make

KingKirk

10 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Struggling? We're only 2 or 3 points behind them! Smith had better squads to work with, you can't be suggesting that MW is starting off at the same level as these former managers?

I agree he's not got the best out of them (yet) and I agree that we are not light years behind Celtic, but if money talks, we're tens of millions behind them.

Lets be honest here, tens of millions in the SPL is light years. But hopefully we can get some of our commercial deals sorted this year which should put a big dent in the gap. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Johnsey said:

A lot of our players do not suit this 4-3-3 that he persists with. I feel at times it does work great for us, but Warburton has to recognize in the current age of tactics you need to be flexible.

Garner and Waghorn are strikers hands down.

What annoyed me most about yesterday, was the first 30 minutes it was quite end-to-end, yet whenever Celtic got near our box they delivered the ball or took a shot. We got to theirs and went back to shite sideways passing before inevitably losing the ball.

Even when Garner came on, we should have been pumping balls into their box from the wings. The few times we put balls in there they looked dodgy. 

Warburton has to adapt and lose some of his stubbornness, because you can't keep 'taking positives' from shite like that yesterday.

Too much importance is put on formation.  If they shop in the premiership and high end of the championship, pay rodgers 40k a week, logo and sinclair 25k a week while we dip into Preston,  Wigan and Accrington Stanley it's always going to end in tears.  

Get the money in and then decide if there is a better coach out there available and give evidence him the support and higher standard of player we need. That's the solution, it's really that simple but it's looking ever increasingly unlikely 

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Too much importance is put on formation.  If they shop in the premiership and high end of the championship, pay rodgers 40k a week, logo and sinclair 25k a week while we dip into Preston,  Wigan and Accrington Stanley it's always going to end in tears.  

Get the money in and then decide if there is a better coach out there available and give evidence him the support and higher standard of player we need. That's the solution, it's really that simple but it's looking ever increasingly unlikely 

I'm starting to see similarities with Ally, he thought he could get success with players that were over the hill or just decent journeymen, Warburton seems to think that he can do it with over the hill and English Championship players.

I don't want him to spend a fortune but he has to have two or three quality players in the squad.

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I'm starting to see similarities with Ally, he thought he could get success with players that were over the hill or just decent journeymen, Warburton seems to think that he can do it with over the hill and English Championship players.

I don't want him to spend a fortune but he has to have two or three quality players in the squad.

I think it's 5-6 to be honest- I really do.

2 centre half's,  I/2 centre midfielder, a winger and a true no.9 

28 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Hearts are two points ahead of Rangers, how is that "comfortable"? If we played Hibs again, I have no doubts we would beat them. Stop being so impatient and give MW more time.

See that bit in my post about the irony of people saying reality check needed this is what I'm referring to.

Rangers trailing Hearts by any amount of points 1-10-20 whatever 1/3 into the season is struggling by Rangers standards.

Maybe some of us have higher standards? one thing the McCoist debacle tought me is that some Rangers fans have no standards at all. No ambition. They put being patient and loyal ahead of performances and results like it's more noble than wanting a proud footballing team like Rangers to be winning they way they should.

8 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Part of the benchmark of being a Rangers manager is being able to beat the beadrattlers how many more times is this guy going to get itseems to me under him we are incapable  of beating them

We've beat them with warburton in charge

I think Warburton is another one who has came up here and misjudged the quality. Even with how bad Scottish football is as a whole just now, you need quality to win this league. Warburton is an intelligent man, so I'm hoping that his stubbornness doesn't blind him. He needs to realise that league 1&2 players aren't good enough and that sticking to a single formation makes us too predictable. 10 games we went until our formation was figured out last year. We don't have the quality to play with this formation every week. We aren't Barcelona. If we just went with a straight 4-4-2 next week it would make teams think twice when lining up against us. At the moment all teams need to do is mark our striker and stop our full backs and that's us pretty much nullified. Any team that sets up against us only has to be organized defensively and that is us fucked. 

19 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Spending has everything to do with success.  If you had a diagram that showed you how much each club spent this season in wages and transfer fees I bet it would closely mirror the final league standings.  Of course, there will be exceptions to that rule but for the most part money and success go hand in hand.  Celtic are currently spending more than every other club in the SPFL combined and any manager we put in place is going to struggle to compete with that.  Warburton is up against it here and we as a support need to understand that winning this league while Celtic are spending 3x more money is going to be a very big ask.

Of course it does but to put things into perspective if Rangers had the exact same budget as Hearts and Aberdeen have for buying players and paying wages... Would Rangers finish 2nd or 3rd in the league ?

If as you say money has everything to do with success and we outspend Hearts and Aberdeen combined,Then in your theory then we shouldn't be worried about Aberdeen or Hearts because we spend a lot more money than them and should finish second very easily.

We will be lucky to finish in fourth place and that's outspending two clubs who spend far less than we do but yet both of them will probably finish 2nd or 3rd again.

Same would apply to cup competitions where teams like St Mirren,Inverness and Ross county work on an absolute shoestring budget but manage to knock out teams with huge budgets compared to these teams.

As i said in the previous post... Our problem is who we are,Teams will bust an absolute gut against us one week and fail to rise to the same level of play the following week... We are the biggest scalp in Scottish football regardless whether in the 3rd division or the Premier league.

1 minute ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Of course it does but to put things into perspective if Rangers had the exact same budget as Hearts and Aberdeen have for buying players and paying wages... Would Rangers finish 2nd or 3rd in the league ?

If as you say money has everything to do with success and we outspend Hearts and Aberdeen combined,Then in your theory then we shouldn't be worried about Aberdeen or Hearts because we spend a lot more money than them and should finish second very easily.

We will be lucky to finish in fourth place and that's outspending two clubs who spend far less than we do but yet both of them will probably finish 2nd or 3rd again.

Same would apply to cup competitions where teams like St Mirren,Inverness and Ross county work on an absolute shoestring budget but manage to knock out teams with huge budgets compared to these teams.

As i said in the previous post... Our problem is who we are,Teams will bust an absolute gut against us one week and fail to rise to the same level of play the following week... We are the biggest scalp in Scottish football regardless whether in the 3rd division or the Premier league.

Keep hearing this ... are you saying they don't do the same against Celtic? i.e raise their game and make it like their little cup finals? the difference is Celtic seem to manage and have a plan to break them down and get the points needed. We don't. Why is this?

2 hours ago, Zulu said:

Part of the benchmark of being a Rangers manager is being able to beat the beadrattlers how many more times is this guy going to get itseems to me under him we are incapable  of beating them

I know what you are saying mate - however MW has played Celtic 3 times -  winning once and losing twice. Its not as if its 8-0 to the tims. 

22 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Smith had a net spend of about £3 million for his second time in charge, so probably less than what Warburton has currently spent. How much have Hearts spent? Aberdeen? Yet we're struggling to keep pace with both in the league.

Fact of the matter is Warburton is proving himself to be a failure in getting the best out of his squad. I really don't believe Celtic are light years ahead of us in personnel, they're only ahead of us in what they're getting out of their players. 

Did Eck not half the wage bill?

Warbs is not sackable -- and that's not even taking into account the Joey situation.  As I posted in another thread....  He's a financial guy and will have covered his arse a million times over.  He doubled his wages right?  from.. 6K per week to 12K per week -- so... on about 600K per year for... 3 years?  Joey is on 20k per week or so? 

He needs time.. learn about not pissing money away (which I'm astonished at.. Joey, Niko).  This ain't The City Warbs.  Money is actually REAL here (tu)

He is a lower league manager with a small provincial club in England at best,he talks a good game but I fear that being the manager of Rangers is far too big a job for him.

The board also needs a toe up it's arse and need to get the cash out as the fans can't keep on funding the club alone,they appointed Warburton and now in January will need to give him proper funds although with the latter singings he has made none of them have set the heather on fire.

23 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Keep hearing this ... are you saying they don't do the same against Celtic? i.e raise their game and make it like their little cup finals? the difference is Celtic seem to manage and have a plan to break them down and get the points needed. We don't. Why is this?

If you keep hearing it there must be some truth in it.

Look at the Aberdeen and Motherwell results against the unwashed where they take regular doings in the league against them.

Over the years it's being a standing joke that most teams only play four times a season.

9 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Look at the Aberdeen and Motherwell results against the unwashed where they take regular doings in the league against them.

Over the years it's being a standing joke that most teams only play four times a season.

OK then so teams only raise their game against us and not Celtic :lol:

5 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Didn't Aberdeen take points off Celtic in every (or almost every) game last season?

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:50 PM, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

I'm pretty sure we'll finish second this year.  Our start to this season has been horrendous but Hearts and Aberdeen aren't doing much better.  Hearts are only 2 points in front of us, while Aberdeen are 3 in front having played a game more.  They have a slight points advantage and I'm certain we'll put a good run together at some stage.  We have more quality than Hearts or Aberdeen and over the course that will see us come good.

Cup competitions involve one off games in which upsets are far more likely to happen.  The odds of a Ross County, St.Mirren, or ICT, overcoming bigger spending clubs at the end of a 38 game season are small.

You say our problem is being Rangers but that hasn't stopped us in the past.  In fact, Rangers are one of the most successful clubs in world football so I'm not buying in to your argument at all.  This is Rangers and the expectation levels are massive.  Other clubs will raise their game and we should expect that.  It's not an excuse for failure.

Rangers never became record league winners for shopping in England's lower leagues though.  9 in a row years we used a sledge hammer to crack a nut even.   Advocaats time at the club was reckless and although we won many trophies they never came cheap. Infact one of smiths last signings was a 4 million pound striker to win a league that generates about 5 million.  Rangers and the scum have always spent more that's why bar the odd mis hap we've won the league 90 odd times between us.

shopping at Accrington Stanley or Doncaster where the pressure to win is non existent will gain us nothing. A player can have all the ability in the world but if he can't handle pressure then he'll be shite for us.

On 23/10/2016 at 9:03 PM, chris182 said:

I think there is a decent player in there, he just doesn't suit our system 

I understand when people say this but when the ball is at his feet it's over to him, not a system. 

I do though think he needs 90mins for a good few games.