Barring Lewis Macleod

When was the last time we were mostly united about losing a player?

Seems like such a ling time ago.

I was gonae say Jelavic, but I don't think most were disappointed to see him go.

Since Jelavic, the only players I have been disappointed that they left has been Andy Little and Lewis MacLeod, but I know there was quite a few who were happy at losing the former, quite a bit less with the latter.

But I'm really struggling to think when was the last time we were mostly united in losing a player.

I'm not counting players who retired, Prso for example.

Barry Ferguson maybe? Amorusso?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think most were disappointed to see Jelavic go tbh but think it was more to do with the fee we got being significantly less than the bids we claimed to have rejected not long before then as opposed to being disappointed that we had lost the player. He seemed generally uninterested leading up to his departure.

We've had so many better strikers since jelavic.... Lafferty, daly, kyle, sandaza, Boyd, jig, hemmings, little, clark, Miller et al have all been so much better.

Jelavic going was the start of all this shit too and was way worse than lewis macleod going.

Also when all those players whose names ive forgotten didn't tupe over.... That was annoyng.

We were annoyed at losing charlie telfer..

Heck I'm annoyed about losing brian laudrup still to this day...

I don't really get the point of this topic either....

Why on earth would anyone have been disappointed to see Andy Little go?

He stayed when he could've went, he was a talented striker who had proven he could score at old firm level.

Ally wasted him playing him out wide. He was ineffective on the wing, but was quality through the middle.

I would go as far as to say he has been our best striker since we were demoted.

He stayed when he could've went, he was a talented striker who had proven he could score at old firm level.

Ally wasted him playing him out wide. He was ineffective on the wing, but was quality through the middle.

I would go as far as to say he has been our best striker since we were demoted.

3rd division was about his level. Scoring against Celtic doesn't mate him any more talented, plenty of shite players have managed to score against them.

We've had so many better strikers since jelavic.... Lafferty, daly, kyle, sandaza, Boyd, jig, hemmings, little, clark, Miller et al have all been so much better.

Jelavic going was the start of all this shit too and was way worse than lewis macleod going.

Also when all those players whose names ive forgotten didn't tupe over.... That was annoyng.

Stay off the mushrooms feller.

The point was that all the players we have just released have been saying that they only found out through the media.

Most seem to think they didn't deserve to be told to their face that their contract wouldn't be renewed.

A couple of years ago, there would be outrage at the club acting in such an undignified manner.

People seem to have lost all respect for the majority of our players who have played with us over the last few years.