Bocanegra to Racing Santander (Loan)

Rangers Rob

Racing is about to close the signing of Bocanegra

Racing Santander is close to a deal to acquire the services of Carlos Bocanegra. The captain of the U.S. team belongs to Rangers Football Club, that after the difficult situation being experienced would have freed his players to go to another team.

At 33, Bocanegra could become the new reinforcement Cantabrian team in the coming hours.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.as.com%2Ffutbol%2Farticulo%2Fracing-punto-cerrar-fichaje-bocanegra%2F20120831dasdasftb_18%2FTes&act=url

A lot of talk here in the States that staying likely would have cost him his role in the US National Team...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read on twitter he has agreed terms.

Did some searching on Twitter after I came across the above link and the first mention of Boca to Racing was 16 hours ago, almost all Tweets were in Spanish until the last hour or so when people here and over there began to catch wind.

http://translate.goo...8%2FTes&act=url

A lot of talk here in the States that staying likely would have cost him his role in the US National Team...

What and by going to the 2nd division in spain is going to get him his place back. What alot of shite if he wants to go why not just be honest about it.

He's been utter shite since the start of the season everyone knows he doesn't want to be here.

He was shite last night again but made up for it a couple of times by winning the ball back a couple of times. But there's no point having players here if they don't want to be here.

If there is anyone i'd trust to be utterly professional once the window closed, it'd be Carlos Bocanegra.

He's had a poor start to the season, but i'd suggest that getting the season going without a pre-season might become tougher the older you get. Carlos is a good age at 33.

Thought he did fine last night personally. A couple of errors but a decent 90 minutes for me.

What and by going to the 2nd division in spain is going to get him his place back. What alot of shite if he wants to go why not just be honest about it.

He's been utter shite since the start of the season everyone knows he doesn't want to be here.

Don't watch Spanish football but would guess that the 2nd division in Spain is a much higher level than SFL3. He's always said that he loves it in Glasgow and has always spoken highly of the club, like I said it was likely pressure from the USMNT coach. I'm not expecting a foreign player who has been here for a year to give up his longstanding role as captain of the national team to stay and play semi-pro clubs week after week, he has to make the decisions that are best for him and I understand that.