10 Clubs You Like Apart From Rangers

bomber

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a soft spot, or even less. I don't regularly check for their results or league table, but if I saw them on the TV I'd back them.

West Ham.

Sampdoria.

Hamburg.

Utrecht.

Again, I can't say I 'support' them, it's more of a nostalgia thing. Used to support Rushden & Diamonds too, RIP. (td)

It's a soft spot, or even less. I don't regularly check for their results or league table, but if I saw them on the TV I'd back them.

West Ham.

Sampdoria.

Hamburg.

Utrecht.

Again, I can't say I 'support' them, it's more of a nostalgia thing. Used to support Rushden & Diamonds too, RIP. (td)

Were you a Rushden Town or Irthlingborough Diamonds fan?

You are aware of AFC R&D aren't you? Not quite RIP but when Maxs money ran out it didn't make for a sustainable team at that level in that area.

Anyway:

Bedford Town

United

Soft spots for

Preston

Peterborough

Borussia Moenchengladbach

Panathanaikos

Were you a Rushden Town or Irthlingborough Diamonds fan?

You are aware of AFC R&D aren't you? Not quite RIP but when Maxs money ran out it didn't make for a sustainable team at that level in that area.

Anyway:

Bedford Town

United

Soft spots for

Preston

Peterborough

Borussia Moenchengladbach

Panathanaikos

Eh :blink:

As a wee boy I got taken to a Rushden and Diamonds game and thus always looked out for their results. After a quick Wiki I wasn't alive when they merged. :pipe:

After the game I also hated Yeovil Town and that still goes to this day.

Eh :blink:

As a wee boy I got taken to a Rushden and Diamonds game and thus always looked out for their results. After a quick Wiki I wasn't alive when they merged. :pipe:

After the game I also hated Yeovil Town and that still goes to this day.

Didn't realise you were a youngster, it was like the merger that formed ICT. Some people were a might peeved.

Its the shirts with Yeovil isnt it? :)

They are a decent club to be fair just an unfortunate kit choice.

West Ham.

Sampdoria.

Hamburg.

Utrecht.

Drove past the Diamonds Centre on Monday.

Looked a very neat wee stadium.

Drove past the Diamonds Centre on Monday.

Looked a very neat wee stadium.

Its why they went bust. They couldn't afford the upkeep at Nene Park once their benefactor pulled out. Its location didn't help though. Kettering played there and, eventually, ran into similar problems.

Its unlikely to ever see football there again.

Its why they went bust. They couldn't afford the upkeep at Nene Park once their benefactor pulled out. Its location didn't help though. Kettering played there and, eventually, ran into similar problems.

Its unlikely to ever see football there again.

Shame, looked a very tidy little set up.

Bit like Darlington - don't know if they've moved on at all, but that was a real white elephant, last I heard.

Shame, looked a very tidy little set up.

Bit like Darlington - don't know if they've moved on at all, but that was a real white elephant, last I heard.

It was a great wee stadium and surrounding. I can't comment on why they went bust, though.

It was a great wee stadium and surrounding. I can't comment on why they went bust, though.

They were funded by Max Griggs, he was the owner of Dr Martens. He bankrolled the club and spent £30 million on Nene Park, he tried to make them self sustaining but the stadiums location didn't help with attracting non matchday revenue. When he stepped back and stopped funding the club they went into decline and folded.

Its a familiar story in non league football. Its happened, to a lesser extent at many other clubs with local businessman ploughing cash in and clubs failing when they over reach their circumstances.