*** The Official Rugby World Cup Thread ***

MacBoyd

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous from Cuthbert there. I've always thought that a sin-bin for a deliberate knock on seems harsh though, I think it should just be a penalty.

Its just as cynical as the offence Ganea got binned for and deserves the same punishment. I just wish they'd stop penalising props who out technique their opponents.

Its just as cynical as the offence Ganea got binned for and deserves the same punishment. I just wish they'd stop penalising props who out technique their opponents.

I suppose so, still not sure what Cuthbert was playing at though, if he's going to try that he has to be at least be subtle about it.

Gray wont be a loss as he always gets chopped down by the first tackle, even if its the opposition scrum half. Gray must weigh about 19 stone but rarely gets over the gain line as opposed to his brother. We'll miss Ford though, for his work round the park as well as his throw in. Can these players be replaced as they now cannot play again in the World Cup. Seriously short of second rows.

Anyone else getting fed up with the amount of interference that TMO's are having on matches? It seems like every 5 mins or so they are telling the ref about things they have seen.....as opposed to only responding to requests from the ref.

The game is being refereed from a control booth now. I think its spoiling the game tbh.

Anyone else getting fed up with the amount of interference that TMO's are having on matches? It seems like every 5 mins or so they are telling the ref about things they have seen.....as opposed to only responding to requests from the ref.

The game is being refereed from a control booth now. I think its spoiling the game tbh.

The game was spoiled years ago when the Southern hemisphere ran out of props. They mangled the scrum and its never recovered. Let the pack do its job and punish genuine offences rather than things caused by an inferior scrummaging side.

The Probyn/Sole clashes were a highlight of England/Scotland games but they'd spend half the game off the field with todays refs in charge.

Living in the States I don't get to see many games. I am finding it strange the way the game is refereed these days compared to when I used to watch. I hate the sin bin sending offs and the way the game stops to have the plays reviewed. I know it can sometimes be to your teams advantage but it really disrupts the action.

Living in the States I don't get to see many games. I am finding it strange the way the game is refereed these days compared to when I used to watch. I hate the sin bin sending offs and the way the game stops to have the plays reviewed. I know it can sometimes be to your teams advantage but it really disrupts the action.

Yeah, it's getting as bad as American Football! Soon, with all the TMO interuptions, it'll last as long as an NFL game.