I dont like England because of their Medias arrogance and 66

Yawn....how many times did we hear it over and over at the world cup about people not minding England but its just their Medias arrogance? They think England should beat everyone and always mention 66....yawn. The clever amongst us know this is just the excuse they use to hide their anti English racial hatred.

Al Capone tuned into ra Sellik game last night for ten minutes....

Mark McGhee.....

Its a disgrace that Sellik are having to play in the early rounds...... ,

A club of their tradition and history as past winners should come into it later....

Sellik should be taking care of these sides

We are just as bad and no different. none so blind as those who will not see!

Rant over, back to work

I always found it a strange thing to list the media in a country as a reason to dislike them. Ours is fucking awful, and I'm sure most countries feel the same about their tabloids and 'journalists' - you could also rest assured if we ever won a major tournament it would be (rightly) celebrated for years to come.

I just see England as Scotland's oldest sporting 'rival', no great dislike but almost every national team has a rivalry with a country it borders.

They say they dont like the English media as all they do is talk about England! Because the German media all discuss Switzerland!

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Germany isn't made up of four individual countries. Granted, you said English media but most of the "English media" which people are referring to in fact broadcast to the rest of the UK and should probably be referred to as the UK media.

Therefore if they bleat on about England all the time it is likely to irritate some folk. Although what they would find to talk about in reference to us, Wales or NI during the World Cup I don't know.

The sad thing is we have the same arrogance within our support, just look at the nonsensical posts being made about the results of a few pre-season games. It's the same mentality that has now set in regarding the cup competitions. I want my club to win every competition, but why should I be so arrogant to expect that we will every competition before a ball has ben kicked? In fact it's probably that arrogance that helped blind side us to what was really going on over the last decade.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Germany isn't made up of four individual countries. Granted, you said English media but most of the "English media" which people are referring to in fact broadcast to the rest of the UK and should probably be referred to as the UK media.

Therefore if they bleat on about England all the time it is likely to irritate some folk. Although what they would find to talk about in reference to us, Wales or NI during the World Cup I don't know.

Uh, Germany is made up of multiple hundreds of countries. Most of which still dislike each other.

Yes but the broadcasts were from BBC England and ITV both of which are English based stations. If we want to hear non English media then its up to BBC Scotland and STV to broadcast with their own panels......

I don't wish ti see England succeed because they're our oldest rivals, no more no less, if they did well or even won a tourny I truly wouldn't give a fuck but if I had the option I'd rather they didn't.

As for their media, big deal, they think they're bigger/better than what they are, jeez, anyone who talks to Bear on a European night will know we too are guikty of that, I cant remember the last time we played a big name home or away that 5 minutes before the game I suddenly didn't find illogical confidence from somewhere, thats life, people who use the media are liars IMO, just be honest - nothing wrong with not wanting an old fierce rival to succeed.

For what its worth, I hope the Tims get pumped and im pretty confident this year they will, they scraped it last year, this year they're weaker again.

However they shouldn't need to play qualifiers, Scotland might be the arse end if nowhere when you take European football into consideration but since the CL began us or 5he Tims have qualified for it I'd say more than 75% of the time - that for me means Scotland should have an automatic place in the group stages whether it be for them as it us the now or us in the coming years.

Not to mention that in the last decade 2 Scottish clubs actually made it to European Finals

Its a shambles how the coefficient is run on the Country rather than individual clubs

Uh, Germany is made up of multiple hundreds of countries. Most of which still dislike each other.

Officially? Isn't it made up of different states which all come under the German banner?

Yes but the broadcasts were from BBC England and ITV both of which are English based stations. If we want to hear non English media then its up to BBC Scotland and STV to broadcast with their own panels......

Is that not what Gordon Strachan and Alan Hansen were there for? :)

I get your point, and I also agree that they are pretty much English based and so they are gonna be appealing to the English masses, but people still have the right to get annoyed at it.

Would it be any less petty if BBC Scotland/STV put on their own commentators because the Scottish couldn't bear to listen to English commentators? I think that sounds worse.

For what its worth, I hope the Tims get pumped and im pretty confident this year they will, they scraped it last year, this year they're weaker again.

However they shouldn't need to play qualifiers, Scotland might be the arse end if nowhere when you take European football into consideration but since the CL began us or 5he Tims have qualified for it I'd say more than 75% of the time - that for me means Scotland should have an automatic place in the group stages whether it be for them as it us the now or us in the coming years.

Not to mention that in the last decade 2 Scottish clubs actually made it to European Finals

Its a shambles how the coefficient is run on the Country rather than individual clubs

Excellent point, albeit off point :)

It is ridiculous that the Champions of a league aren't automatically qualified into the Champions league. But it's all just about getting money for people now.

Fair enough Barca versus Bayern would probably be a better game than Barca versus Borac (from Bosnia-Herzegovina, I looked it up) but surely the appeal of cross country competitions is seeing teams play each other who have never played each other and probabably will never play each other again.

I just think it's getting to the point where every year it's the same teams playing each other all the time.

Officially? Isn't it made up of different states which all come under the German banner?

It's been changed and fucked about with about 20-30 times in the past 200 years alone, but you should look up the Holy Roman Empire. (tu)

I actually supported England in the WC as i saw the opposite from the team, fans and media down South.

Could this be McGhee playing to the TA to ensure the SFA's over-priced tickets for the auld enemy clash get sold?