Harry Redknapp offer to gazza

dalton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28900636

I admire harry for at least trying - In reality no chance or little of it happening

I understand his intentions are right and at the same time

it is a cry to help a football player who he respects.

Gazza had in his own opinion apart from his home town club newcastle

his time at ibrox he loved the place .

Listened to talksport whilst driving and they were taking to task

the persons selling it to him.- but you cannot refuse to sell alcohol

unless your not under age ?

As colin murray the presenter said alcohol can be sold to the poor or the rich

there is no rule for anyone that has an addiction (ie) alcoholic.

The latest pictures of paul arent him just a shadow of a genius that

entertained us all - and we are with him in our thoughts .

No there really is not. In the final analysis the choice is his. I have watched it happen, personally, to an individual.

The choice is not his, it is an illness, a very dangerous illness and a very strong support network is needed regardless to help him, unfortunately he does not appear to have that.

The choice of remaining addicted or to enter, and maintain, recovery is his and his alone. Certainly a support network can sustain him for a while, but in the end he has to make the decision of whether he will depend upon the support network or not. If he rejects that support network the results are inevitable.

Harsh? Yes, but then the truth often is.

The choice is not his, it is an illness, a very dangerous illness and a very strong support network is needed regardless to help him, unfortunately he does not appear to have that.

Well said, nobody wakes up one morning and say I want to be an alcoholic. Nobody wants to be depressed either but they usually come hand in hand with each other. It is to a degree a mind set that leads to this but it is not the same as telling someone they cannot do this, that will never overcome the problem, more productive is a reason to give the person to live.

I wish with all my heart that Paul can sort himself out, however I doubt he knows how to now and that will never get him through this condition.

Malvern,

Well said, nobody wakes up one morning and say I want to be an alcoholic. Nobody wants to be depressed either but they usually come hand in hand with each other. It is to a degree a mind set that leads to this but it is not the same as telling someone they cannot do this, that will never overcome the problem, more productive is a reason to give the person to live.

I wish with all my heart that Paul can sort himself out, however I doubt he knows how to now and that will never get him through this condition.

I disagree with your post. All you are doing is providing a crutch to give him an excuse to continue on his destructive road.

Maybe no one does wake up in the morning and decide to be an alcoholic, but they do make the decision to take that first drink. No one forces them to take it.

If, and we know he has been through it many times, he has been given the tools to combat taking that first drink from his recovery network, then there is even less need to empathise with his situation. If he feels the need to take a drink then he can call his sponsor or one of many in his support group or even just a friend.

In this case we know he called his friend to get help after he was inebriated. He could just as easy have made that call before he took a drink.

When you get right down to it, the decision to take the first drink has overcome his decision to not take the first drink.

It is, in reality, the same battle a non-smoker who used to be a smoker has. He is constantly fighting the many triggers he used to have, to not take that first drag of nicotine.

With any addict the choice is theirs.

Cracking gesture.

I feel for his family now, more than anything.

Everytime the phone rings they will be wondering if that's it all over or if it's someone telling them where he's been found.

Love Gazza to bits but there's only so much people can do, he has to want to beat the thing or no amount of help in the world will ever cure him.

Good old BBC

January 1998: He was given a warning by the Scottish FA after miming "playing the flute" - a sectarian gesture - during an Old Firm game against Celtic.

does that mean that the rhebel scummy bastards are being sectarian when they play there's or is it only the OO who are sectarian in their flute playing?