Arthur Numan for Manager!

WATBB

I'd honestly like to hope that Arthur Numan would consider the Rangers job. Before you all jump on the "Former Players/Pals" act bus, I'll explain why.

Arthur Numan is at the moment, head coach of the Dutch National B team, brilliant at developing Youth Talent & has contact with pretty much every Dutch scout.

He'd be a brilliant Manager for us; and we'd finally see Youth being used, to conquer the Scottish Game, dutch youth too ( :crabflute: ), just feel that he'd give us the kick up the arse, and injection of freshness that we're all screaming out for.

With a CV like that though; we can't afford him, or can we? Let's not forget our Manager used to earn more than the England National team Manager, who received a bonus for qualifying for the World Cup!

Numan for Manager!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Strachan for me. A man who understands tactics and can change games. Forget the friendly against England players were left in no doubt to avoid injuries and in any case there was nothing at stake in that game.

You're at it..

I'd honestly like to hope that Arthur Numan would consider the Rangers job. Before you all jump on the "Former Players/Pals" act bus, I'll explain why.

Arthur Numan is at the moment, head coach of the Dutch National B team, brilliant at developing Youth Talent & has contact with pretty much every Dutch scout.

He'd be a brilliant Manager for us; and we'd finally see Youth being used, to conquer the Scottish Game, dutch youth too ( :crabflute: ), just feel that he'd give us the kick up the arse, and injection of freshness that we're all screaming out for.

With a CV like that though; we can't afford him, or can we? Let's not forget our Manager used to earn more than the England National team Manager, who received a bonus for qualifying for the World Cup!

Numan for Manager!

Which youth talent has he developed?

Do you understand the difference between a B team and age limited sides?

After a quick look I'm struggling to find any fixtures they've played at any point in the last 6 years.

You taking the piss? This is a guy who was on 25 k a week and when we were downsizing was offered a new deal on 10 k and said he would rather retire than work for that. Guck him I won't him nowhere near our club. Plus he has no experience and right now we need that over a youthful one

Which youth talent has he developed?

Do you understand the difference between a B team and age limited sides?

After a quick look I'm struggling to find any fixtures they've played at any point in the last 6 years.

fuck I'm going back on the drink I'm agreeing with you on something lol

Gordon Strachan for me. A man who understands tactics and can change games. Forget the friendly against England players were left in no doubt to avoid injuries and in any case there was nothing at stake in that game.

No chance. Even if we offered him the job he wouldn't take it.

You taking the piss? This is a guy who was on 25 k a week and when we were downsizing was offered a new deal on 10 k and said he would rather retire than work for that. Guck him I won't him nowhere near our club. Plus he has no experience and right now we need that over a youthful one

It was actually £15k and then £5k, with Martin Bain acting a fanny.

If you read his book, it seems more like he felt disrespected by the board that they never even had a conversation with him, rather than a financial decision.

I'd rather we opened it for applications, and appointed the best. Good players rarely make good managers.

Sad as it is, we need a safe pair of hands. Someone low risk with bags of experience in British Football.

We need rebuilt from youth to first team all adopting a progressive style of play and sticking by it. I'd like to see a similar setup to Hearts with a DOF and a young coach. We have loads of connections to Dutch football and maybe RDB or GVB isn't such a bad idea coupled with an experienced overseer. Thereafter bring in up and coming British coaches to learn the systems we are implementing and to give continuity when the Dutch guys move on. We need revolution we are football dinosaurs right now.

We need rebuilt from youth to first team all adopting a progressive style of play and sticking by it. I'd like to see a similar setup to Hearts with a DOF and a young coach. We have loads of connections to Dutch football and maybe RDB or GVB isn't such a bad idea coupled with an experienced overseer. Thereafter bring in up and coming British coaches to learn the systems we are implementing and to give continuity when the Dutch guys move on. We need revolution we are football dinosaurs right now.

So which British coaches do we bring in to learn a Dutch system that exists only in our fragmented imaginations?

Perhaps in the future if he's proven himself more, just now I'm thinking we need an old head with an arse-kicking ability. People would disagree, but I'd like Calderwood, last resort McLeish.

I would fucking murder Calderwood if it meant getting Eck in.

So which British coaches do we bring in to learn a Dutch system that exists only in our fragmented imaginations?

Not for me to source them but Cathro seems to be doing ok with progressive views. There must be young talented coaches in academies all across Britain who would love to work with us.

Not for me to source them but Cathro seems to be doing ok with progressive views. There must be young talented coaches in academies all across Britain who would love to work with us.

Well it's for you to put the thought out there so give us ideas? The fact is the time to implement these pipe dreams passed a long long time ago.

Sack him on Monday and bring Davies or McCall in until the end of the season, we should advertise the position immediately after Ally goes.

That would give the new guy plenty time to assess what needs to be done, well before the season starts.

We need a manager who will hold his own in Europe as well hence why I would rule out the aforementioned two.

In an ideal world, over to you, Ashley.