Arthur Numan for Manager!

WATBB

Well it's for you to put the thought out there so give us ideas? The fact is the time to implement these pipe dreams passed a long long time ago.

The idea that we had a window to rebuild and now we should just settle for safe and boring is what will hold us back. I named you a number of possible head coaches in a Hearts style system as a thought, you expect me to also name a whole raft of new youth level coaches!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea that we had a window to rebuild and now we should just settle for safe and boring is what will hold us back. I named you a number of possible head coaches in a Hearts style system as a thought, you expect me to also name a whole raft of new youth level coaches!

Was that a question or were you telling me what I should expect of you? Lack of a question mark confuses me.

We have Ally for the foreseeable. Buckle up.

It was a statement based on your previous post. And I agree Ally is going nowhere for the time being.

He will still be here come the end of the season and by that time it will be too late. We as a fan base are not capable of enforcing change. We will, however, sit on the internet and bitch and whine about what we think is best for the next 6 months. It's become the Rangers way.

Fuck the safe pair of hands. Tbh I want us to do exactly what Hearts have done but on a bigger and better scale.

You know I could take being behind Hearts by 9 points if we had a young manager, playing good football using the best youth and seeing it was halfway through a 5 year plan.

What we are seeing now is just a scramble to the top and incidentally we are being stopped by the team doing all the things a said :lol:

I'd prefer Gio who has been Feyenoord assistant manager for 3 years. Numan is scouting for AZ and previously did so for Aston Villa. He also coaches the Dutch B team apparently. Perhaps he could have a role too, he must have excellent contacts and has coaching experience. I'd like a change in approach and these are two former players I would like to see back.

It's another "Souness" moment we need. Not just to get a good experienced manager in but to galvanise the entire support. It will never happen but i cannot but wonder if we had a stable board what Fergie would say if approached. Simply to do a job for 18 months and get the club buzzing again the way it was when Souness arrived.

As for a new manager...anyone but the present incumbent would be an improvement.

I think Strachan is a good shout. He's got a proven track record in Scotland and Europe. What an almighty fuck you it'd be to the SFA if we could take Strachan away from the national team at a time when they're doing well. How fantastic would it be to win the league with him in charge after Celtic forced him out in favour of someone more "Celtic minded".

I'd honestly like to hope that Arthur Numan would consider the Rangers job. Before you all jump on the "Former Players/Pals" act bus, I'll explain why.

Arthur Numan is at the moment, head coach of the Dutch National B team, brilliant at developing Youth Talent & has contact with pretty much every Dutch scout.

He'd be a brilliant Manager for us; and we'd finally see Youth being used, to conquer the Scottish Game, dutch youth too ( :crabflute: ), just feel that he'd give us the kick up the arse, and injection of freshness that we're all screaming out for.

With a CV like that though; we can't afford him, or can we? Let's not forget our Manager used to earn more than the England National team Manager, who received a bonus for qualifying for the World Cup!

Numan for Manager!

Rangers aren't in a position to gamble on any manager, we need an experience managerwho will stop ten in a row. Not a former player who's never managed

I'd take him, if he'd be up for a high pressure first team management opportunity. Didn't he live in Scotland for a long time after he retired?

People saying he'd be too expensive might be right, but I'd sound him out... People who are saying he's too inexperienced are forgetting we have The Oldest Rookie in the Game as manager right now.

Where would he get the players from for next year...he may know dutch football but how many would come over and be able to handle playing here.

We need to invite applications if Ally goes but we also need to have a backbone in place with regards to coaching and scouting the majority Scottish.

So which British coaches do we bring in to learn a Dutch system that exists only in our fragmented imaginations?

The Dutch system was implemented by Cruyff at Barcelona. He put the system in from top to bottom. They still use the same system but now loads have went through it they can get managers from it if needed.2 years ago 10 out of 11 players came from their own system. Who does Messi credit for his success ? Is it someone spanish ? no. He only credits Cruyff.

I think it would work here and I`ve been wanting it to happen since admin.Yes we have missed the boat because people were still daft to think "Super Ally " would ever make it as a boss.But I also think you should still aim for it.

I`d even ask Cruyff if he was able to help out RDB / GVB for 6 months to implement a system.

We need a system in place no matter who takes over. We are not producing enough players for ourselves never mind to sell on.

I`ll be open to any suggestions on who comes in as long as Ally is gone.

The Dutch system was implemented by Cruyff at Barcelona. He put the system in from top to bottom. They still use the same system but now loads have went through it they can get managers from it if needed.2 years ago 10 out of 11 players came from their own system. Who does Messi credit for his success ? Is it someone spanish ? no. He only credits Cruyff.

I think it would work here and I`ve been wanting it to happen since admin.Yes we have missed the boat because people were still daft to think "Super Ally " would ever make it as a boss.But I also think you should still aim for it.

I`d even ask Cruyff if he was able to help out RDB / GVB for 6 months to implement a system.

We need a system in place no matter who takes over. We are not producing enough players for ourselves never mind to sell on.

I`ll be open to any suggestions on who comes in as long as Ally is gone.

Michael Laudrup would also fit in as he`s been through both Ajax and Barcelona systems.

I would go for Gio van Bronckhorst current assistant at Feyenoord and went through similar problems we did but went about it the right way, the Dutch squad at the World Cup had over a third of their players come through the ranks there after their fall. I would gut the entire coaching staff and let him bring in his own men and start again.