Lewis Macleod

Essandoh

Easily the most naturally talented player to have played at Ibrox in the last five years, and one of the few who knew what to do with a football instinctively.

Still expecting great things for him if he can get past the injuries and maybe toughen up a little in the Championship.

One of the few I enjoyed watching in recent years, so best of luck to him............................

also one of the most overrated players at ibrox in the last 5 years.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good player but we have others there, we don't need this position filled especially if we get Allan

Nonsense. They're totally different players. The central attacking mid is tasked with creating a midfield 3 during defensive duties. Lewis would've been perfect for this role.

Even if we get Allan he wont play there for us.

If we get Allan then we really don't need Macleod, who was decent but unbelievably overrated. He won't make it far in his career down south.

Allan is overrated. One good season in the Scottish 2nd tier and out fans would gladly see us hand over a million quid. Mental.

Would rather McLeod than Allan tbh, If we're going anywhere near the £750k mark for Allan then I'd rather go for MacLeod imo.

If we go anywhere near 500k for Allan then we're mugs,if Hibs quote us a price near 750k we should just wait until January or when his contract runs out.

also one of the most overrated players at ibrox in the last 5 years.

Either you are fishing or just don't recognise footballers with natural abilty. Came in and made his place in a team of seasoned professionals when all around were underperforming, and stood out. Hence the reason he was the only one of our squad who moved on to a successful team with ambition. .

As I mentioned before was a pleasure to see him play football here.

If we go anywhere near 500k for Allan then we're mugs,if Hibs quote us a price near 750k we should just wait until January or when his contract runs out.

I 100% agree mate, the usual pish on Twitter saying Hibs want £750k blah blah. If that's the figure and we are willing to pay it then it should be put towards MacLeod who is a better player than Allan imo.

Allan is overrated. One good season in the Scottish 2nd tier and out fans would gladly see us hand over a million quid. Mental.

:lol:

Did you even read some of the stuff written on here about Lewis at the time ? Some were claiming he could play for Man United and that we shouldn't have let him go for less than £5 million. He was ridiculously overrated.

I never said he was worth £5m or could play for Man Utd but he is a great player.

So Allan's overrated because he only had one decent season in the 2nd tier of Scotland yet Maceload is a 'great player' for 2 solid seasons in the 3rd and 2nd division of Scotland and a decent at best half season in the Championship ? That is fucking idiotic.

A great player :lol: holy fuck..

So Allan's overrated because he only had one decent season in the 2nd tier of Scotland yet Maceload is a 'great player' for 2 solid seasons in the 3rd and 2nd division of Scotland and a decent at best half season in the Championship ? That is fucking idiotic.

A great player :lol: holy fuck..

Both have been overrated on this forum.

Lewis was a standout player for us since the 3rd. He was one of our top scorers last year despite playing half a season. I'm confident he'll do well at Brentford and and we'll rue the day we sold him. In fact, one of my lowest points as a fan in recent years is the day Lewis was sold. How Rangers fans can come on here and slate this lad is beyond me. He was a bright light in an otherwise dull affair that lasted 3 yeara too long.

Not a player i'd want back, injury prone and couldn't make his position his own. we need to move forward not back.

Hardly injury prone and the reason he couldn't "make his position his own" was because of the clueless manager we had in charge, who played him wide-left most of the time in order to accommodate his pals. He's still young enough not to have a set position anyway. Also, if it was under the current board and management, he'd have never been sold to begin with.

If you had asked me last week before watching the Burnley match and certainly the hibs match, I would have said yes to Lewis coming back but I would rather have Allan, im worried about lewis's long term fitness. He keeps getting niggly injurys so young.

Also where would he fit in team. We might have both Allan and eustace soon

I would say he was an injury / fitness worry ( tripping over a twig doh ) but it was McCoist's lunacy preventing him not playing in his actual position; far from being a lack of ability to hold it down. He was posted out there due to him being the midfielder best able to adapt to being played (shock horror) out of position by McCoist, and mainly due to the fact Ally - in tactical terms - couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery.

If you had asked me last week before watching the Burnley match and certainly the hibs match, I would have said yes to Lewis coming back but I would rather have Allan, im worried about lewis's long term fitness. He keeps getting niggly injurys so young.

Also where would he fit in team. We might have both Allan and eustace soon

I would take either Allan or Macleod or both before Eustace any day for footballing reasons as well as for long term business reasons. Anybody that thinks Lewis is overrated is talking nonsense.

I would take either Allan or Macleod or both before Eustace any day for footballing reasons as well as for long term business reasons. Anybody that thinks Lewis is overrated is talking nonsense.

We need both a Eustace type to add some steel and bite and an Allan/Macleod to add some energy and attacking nous. Comparing them against each other is pointless.