Lewis Macleod

Essandoh

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Lewis Macleod would like to return to Rangers one day - but not this season as the 21-year-old midfielder wants to make his mark with Brentford after injury blighted his first six months at the English Championship club. (Sun On Sunday, print edition)

If he didn't want to leave he wouldn't have left

Agreed mate, he wasn't forced to go in my opinion, maybe had visions of better things and money put into his head by agents etc and obviously we were willing to sell at the end of the day, but the final decision lay with the lad himself

He's better than any current midfield player we have. A young man pressured to leave by llambias and influenced by a greedy agent. I'm disappointed, however, he now wants to stay at Brentford so time to move on and look elsewhere.

The board should have never accepted the offer for our most dynamic player, when they were talking with a potential investor who demanded no player sales and they could afford to loan us money to cover temporary cash shortfalls.

Made me wonder why they thought selling our best player at that time was the only option.

But, it's done. That clusterfuck of a board is gone. Wish him the best and IMO he'll go on to have a successful career at the highest levels.

As much as I rate the lad, I don't think he's done enough to warrant the praise heaped on him by some in this forum, he has got a great talent that has yet to be fully reached but his inability to complete even half a full season in each of the last 3 seasons for one reason or another has to be a concern. Hopefully he will put that behind him as I'd love to see him progress into the footballer he could possibly be, wether that be at Rangers or somewhere else.

As much as I rate the lad, I don't think he's done enough to warrant the praise heaped on him by some in this forum, he has got a great talent that has yet to be fully reached but his inability to complete even half a full season in each of the last 3 seasons for one reason or another has to be a concern. Hopefully he will put that behind him as I'd love to see him progress into the footballer he could possibly be, wether that be at Rangers or somewhere else.

I agree with you to an extent. The thing that annoys me most about his transfer now is the fact that our manager signed him. Now he's signing players for us and we're excited about watching them develop under him. He must have thought he could do more with LM too.

I agree with you to an extent. The thing that annoys me most about his transfer now is the fact that our manager signed him. Now he's signing players for us and we're excited about watching them develop under him. He must have thought he could do more with LM too.

exactly

Never done enough for me in games at Rangers, couldn't make his position his own,plus he had injury problems he also had that scare that almost seen him out of football altogether.

A bad Buy by Warbs at 800k and no games, let's hope he doesn't make the same mistakes at Rangers as a thorough check would have told you he had underlying medical issues.

Macleod could eventually could go on to be a very good footballer and i hope he does, when fit he works hard and has a decent level of skill.

Never done enough for me in games at Rangers, couldn't make his position his own,plus he had injury problems he also had that scare that almost seen him out of football altogether.

A bad Buy by Warbs at 800k and no games, let's hope he doesn't make the same mistakes at Rangers as a thorough check would have told you he had underlying medical issues.

Macleod could eventually could go on to be a very good footballer and i hope he does, when fit he works hard and has a decent level of skill.

You have a very bizarre take on certain things.

He was an absolute stand out for us over the last few seasons. Head and shoulders above anyone.

Would take a fit Lewis McLeod back in a heartbeat, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous IMO.

You have a very bizarre take on certain things.

He was an absolute stand out for us over the last few seasons. Head and shoulders above anyone.

Would take a fit Lewis McLeod back in a heartbeat, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous IMO.

I think his point was keeping McLeod fit.