Lewis Macleod

Essandoh

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you to an extent. The thing that annoys me most about his transfer now is the fact that our manager signed him. Now he's signing players for us and we're excited about watching them develop under him. He must have thought he could do more with LM too.

Good point to be fair. Maybe he see enough of him when he was able to train/getting back to fitness to suggest he wasn't worth it ?

You have a very bizarre take on certain things.

He was an absolute stand out for us over the last few seasons. Head and shoulders above anyone.

Would take a fit Lewis McLeod back in a heartbeat, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous IMO.

Exactly makes my previous point more valid. You would take a fit LM and so would Warburton but the fact he's struggled to play half of any season he's been involved in probably is why he won't make that same mistake twice.

Exactly makes my previous point more valid. You would take a fit LM and so would Warburton but the fact he's struggled to play half of any season he's been involved in probably is why he won't make that same mistake twice.

Tbf a lot is made out about his injury issues but there is an argument that he has been unlucky more than injury prone.

One was a collision resulting in knee ligament damage, could happen to any player at any time.

The second was some bizarre virus that affected his heart muscles or something like that, hasn't suffered with it since.

The third was a hamstring.

Then he fell over a tree branch or some shit at Brentford.

Tbf a lot is made out about his injury issues but there is an argument that he has been unlucky more than injury prone.

One was a collision resulting in knee ligament damage, could happen to any player at any time.

The second was some bizarre virus that affected his heart muscles or something like that, hasn't suffered with it since.

The third was a hamstring.

Then he fell over a tree branch or some shit at Brentford.

I do agree with you mate, I'd never label anyone injury prone as its all about luck for me, no one is probably more likely to be injured than anyone else, but he seems in his young career to have had more than his fair share and that's a worry, but as you say the most bizarre one was the twig incident, WTF was that ?

I do agree with you mate, I'd never label anyone injury prone as its all about luck for me, no one is probably more likely to be injured than anyone else, but he seems in his young career to have had more than his fair share and that's a worry, but as you say the most bizarre one was the twig incident, WTF was that ?

That and the random virus he got. :huh:

He's come through a lot already at just 21.

Lewis Macleod- the only constant bright spark during a depressing few seasons. The Club made money when he left, and he left a seriously screwed up and appallingly managed situation- I cannot blame him for having left.

However there is what is looking to be a new era beginning to unfold at Ibrox now. Since he has left he has not shown enough (mostly due to injury which in itself is concerning) to demonstrate why he should be considered good enough to be bought in to the current set up. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Lewis Macleod become the new Messi and return to Rangers... I just hope any return is based on facts and not emotion.

Brentford just signed Josh McEachran from Chelsea for 750k. 22yrs old and plays same position as Macleod. Might increase our chances of a move for Macleod?

McEachran's a good player. Don't know what Brentfords midfield is like this season but I can't see Macleod getting in the team before him.

They'd probably be more likely to send him out on loan to another championship team to give him some experience of the league I think. Unless the manager doesn't rate him at all and just wants to sell him, in which case he could come back. But he said recently he wants to try prove himself in England so I doubt it this season.