Lewis Macleod

Essandoh

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Categorically, we are very happy with Lewis Macleod and there are no plans whatsoever to allow him to go back to Rangers," said Benham. "It would be a very short conversation if Mark phoned to ask about him. We have every faith in Lewis and we expect him to kick on this year.

“He has been incredible unlucky with injury, but a lot of people I’ve spoken to say he’s looked impressive in training. The Scottish Championship isn’t the highest standard but Lewis stood out a mile. We are really happy with Lewis," he added.

To be honest, I would have liked him back but I'm absolutely delighted for him that he's valued very highly by the Brentford owner, good luck Lewis, you deserve a cracking career (tu)

why has Macleod suddenly become a superstar that so many people want back? we can and should be signing better players who are more developed outwith the club, we have enough young talent who stuck with the club who should be given their chance to shine.

why has Macleod suddenly become a superstar that so many people want back? we can and should be signing better players who are more developed outwith the club, we have enough young talent who stuck with the club who should be given their chance to shine.

I think it's a lot to do with the fact that he's already been here, came through our ranks, was developing quite well regardless of everything that was going on around him, he's still very young and the manager who saw all of that potential is now our manager...and our manager has built a reputation for bringing on younger players.

He would do for me, but it's not going to happen so it's really a moot discussion.

At Brentford, the player who acted as the CAM also drops in to a midfield 3 when on defensive duties. MacLeod is exactly the type of player we need if we're to use the same system. Guys like Vuckic wouldn't be as effective in this role because they don't drop back.

To be fair mate, Lewis was different class for us, he was one of the only bright spots of the last few years, I was gutted when he was sold, especially for the price they paid as well :anguish:

If he maintains his fitness and plays for Brentford next season then you can also bet he'll be in the Scotland squad again

To be fair mate, Lewis was different class for us, he was one of the only bright spots of the last few years, I was gutted when he was sold, especially for the price they paid as well :anguish:

If he maintains his fitness and plays for Brentford next season then you can also bet he'll be in the Scotland squad again

i won't argue with that but people seem to have forgotten about the like of Scott Allan and think Macleod is a game changer for us.

If it was a choice between the two, personally i'd sooner have Scott Allan in the squad.

Immensely overrated, somewhat injury prone and out of our price range anyway.

Well out of our price range. Brentford know they got him cheaply and they wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him back at the same price. A good season at Brentford and we wont even be able to match what others are offering him in wages either.

Well out of our price range. Brentford know they got him cheaply and they wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him back at the same price. A good season at Brentford and we wont even be able to match what others are offering him in wages either.

I'm going to go against common opinion here and predict he won't have a good season at Brentford and this his career in England will see him dropping down the leagues rather than moving up.

• 3 weeks later...

Easily the most naturally talented player to have played at Ibrox in the last five years, and one of the few who knew what to do with a football instinctively.

Still expecting great things for him if he can get past the injuries and maybe toughen up a little in the Championship.

One of the few I enjoyed watching in recent years, so best of luck to him............................