Does Lee Mcculloch Deserve Another Role At Rangers?

Gaz52

Does Lee McCulloch deserve it?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. McCulloch deserving of role?

• Yes
    • No

My point isn't that he didn't deserve to get paid, it's that he was well paid and I'm fairly confident that's the reason he stood by us, not the fact he was doing it only out of loyalty. As I said in my first post, there's no such thing as loyalty in football and if he'd been given higher wages elsewhere he would've jumped ship too.

All speculation of course. Just my opinion.

Using that point then players are only in it for the money so why begrudge them a wage? Perhaps jig is the cheapest coach we can get and it keeps costs low! Just speculation of course!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using that point then players are only in it for the money so why begrudge them a wage? Perhaps jig is the cheapest coach we can get and it keeps costs low! Just speculation of course!

Don't remember begrudging anyone a wage. In fact I thought I was fairly clear that I didn't have a problem with him being paid. Obviously I wasnt.

I get the argument - I just disagree with it - Jig has recently done his badges so is up with modern techniques, as Captain he was in a senior role not just a squad player, and MW seems to be a decent manager to learn under - we are not even talking about jig being in a senior coaching position - which MW and Weir wil have but a more minor role under MW's tutallege - so don't see any real issue. I am concerned by the vitriol some fans demonstrate against him ( amongst others) and don't really think that vitriol is either deserved nor 'The Rangers Way' and find that sad

MW has enough to do without taking Jig aside for coaching philosophy lessons. Let Jig learn his trade and if he proves he is worth that sort of role then there may be a chance.

Just now it is a waste we cannot afford to have and a potential liability on top of that. No thanks, we are too fragile to be fucking about giving someone a chance to do something else.

And I think the problem most people have with him being a coach is a) he has no coaching experience, so is a bit of an unknown quantity and b) are we in a position to be giving coaching roles + wages to guys just because they're an ex captain and long term player?

Exactly the points and the answer is no. We could get someone proven who could be useful.

MW has enough to do without taking Jig aside for coaching philosophy lessons. Let Jig learn his trade and if he proves he is worth that sort of role then there may be a chance.

Just now it is a waste we cannot afford to have and a potential liability on top of that. No thanks, we are too fragile to be fucking about giving someone a chance to do something else.

Surely that's MWs call - he might even think Jig strengthens his team! ?