Does Lee Mcculloch Deserve Another Role At Rangers?

Gaz52

Does Lee McCulloch deserve it?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. McCulloch deserving of role?

• Yes
    • No

Oh FFS some of the best players in the world have had a negative side to them, it is in their nature to be competitive! To teach them how to bloody behave in public? Is not the job of any academy I know of, they are here to be winners and to beat all on the park, not bloody a shinning example of what it is to be a human being.

You save your human right routine for the real life I will expect my academy to be producing young hungry bears to go out and give all for the cause, they can say please and thank you in their own time.

Why can't we do both? We can't have them training every day.

Why don't you want our players to be taught manners?

Do you want a team full of anthony stokes type players?

We have young boys at our club that can become very rich very quickly. They need guidance or they could end up down the Michael Johnstone/Gary O'Connor route.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winners with morals. (tu)

:)

Morals?

Seriously do you really want us to be training fucking etiquette on the training fields? how to keep calm maybe but I would like to see a bit of sparkle and fight in a player, not some bloody acquiescence.

Why can't we do both? We can't have them training every day.

Why don't you want our players to be taught manners?

Do you want a team full of anthony stokes type players?

We have young boys at our club that can become very rich very quickly. They need guidance or they could end up down the Michael Johnstone/Gary O'Connor route.

The pride of being with a club the stature of Rangers will develop that, the manager will expect a level of respect to all and the fans who go to the match will as well. We can teach them how to sodding well behave, do not need to transfer that to training class HR sessions for god sake.

We are a football club not a sodding charity!

Morals?

Seriously do you really want us to be training fucking etiquette on the training fields? how to keep calm maybe but I would like to see a bit of sparkle and fight in a player, not some bloody acquiescence.

You can be a battler and still conduct yourself with dignity. It isn't a one or the other scenario.

Ok. I think you are completely against this because of who he is, or rather, how good a player he was.

You have obviously never met the man.

No I haven't met the man, he was a great player in his time, fucked it over the last three years mainly due to being out of position and being too old. Time to let him pasture.

My grandad was a great man before he died in 1998, I sure as hell would not have had him being a CB or training new recruits. Or my uncle George who played for Partick Thistle when he was younger, they were not the caliber of staff needed. It is no disrespect but what does he bring to the game now? Nothing in my opinion.

You can be a battler and still conduct yourself with dignity. It isn't a one or the other scenario.

I will tell Souness and Gascoigne that when they were on the pitch, seemed to be nice enough off the pitch. There are winners and losers in life, what do you want to train?

Morals?

You've either had a few or are just purposefully being obtuse.

Like you said, you want to produce hungry, winners. Well you won't do that just by making them play triangles and dribble through cones.

I don't think what I'm suggesting is anything radical. Even Warburton has stated the person and their mentality is just as important as their football quality when referring to his signing policy.

I will tell Souness and Gascoigne that when they were on the pitch, seemed to be nice enough off the pitch. There are winners and losers in life, what do you want to train?

I want players that are hard, but fair. Don't dive, don't fake injury and can stay in the back page of pages.

No I haven't met the man, he was a great player in his time, fucked it over the last three years mainly due to being out of position and being too old. Time to let him pasture.

My grandad was a great man before he died in 1998, I sure as hell would not have had him being a CB or training new recruits. Or my uncle George who played for Partick Thistle when he was younger, they were not the caliber of staff needed. It is no disrespect but what does he bring to the game now? Nothing in my opinion.

There's more to it than just playing.

You need to conduct yourself in a certain manner when you're a Rangers player.

McCulloch knows that standard and could help teach it to others.

You've either had a few or are just purposefully being obtuse.

Like you said, you want to produce hungry, winners. Well you won't do that just by making them play triangles and dribble through cones.

I don't think what I'm suggesting is anything radical. Even Warburton has stated the person and their mentality is just as important as their football quality when referring to his signing policy.

Our training has obviously been inadequate for quite some time, we can't seem to pass five yards without fucking it up.

On the field I expect them to be hungry and want them to win a game but off the field I would expect them to conduct themselves as Rangers players or be benched until they know ho wot.

There's more to it than just playing.

You need to conduct yourself in a certain manner when you're a Rangers player.

McCulloch knows that standard and could help teach it to others.

We do not need a teacher in manners. football would be nice, the manager can get rid of anyone not keeping up the standards expected outside of training or

playing.

We're more than a football club.

Read Bill Struths FULL statement he made all those years ago about what it means to be a Ranger.

Our club received respect all over the world for the way we conducted ourselves.

There's a picture from back in the 1930's with our players walking in to Ibrox with the celtic team. Our team is in full suits and ties, the tims look like a load of Jakes. We have a certain standard. We should strive to adhere to that standard.

Our standards used to included loyalty and respect to our ex players - folk can't even wish a long serving player and ex captain well in a third tier coaching job.

Standards at the club include players and fans. some of the language used to describe jig falls woefully short of any 'standard' we expect our fans to have - woeful.

Given Warburton's strong principles on how the game should be played I'm a little surprised that he didn't arrive with his own entourage. However it's his choice, and if he thinks McCulloch has what it takes then fine. I understand that McCulloch was privately very critical of McCoist and his methods from day one, so in that sense at least he was smarter than Sir Walter...:wink:

They showed no 'contempt for the club' what shite! They may not have succeeded but that is not contempt - that is just not being good enough!

Bet against club. Karaoke after one of the worst results in our history. I could go on and list a range of other incidents, but that's enough to demonstrate contempt.

Our standards used to included loyalty and respect to our ex players - folk can't even wish a long serving player and ex captain well in a third tier coaching job

Respect is earned.

Can be argued that Jig did earn it, prior to the last two / three years.

Guys like McCoist were respected (and loved). His conduct through his stint as manager has been appalling, and I'll never be able to respect him because of that. He's not respected (and in some cases hated) because of his own actions and conduct.

Guys like Black don't deserve a fucking thing. Just a total bawbag of a man.

Voted no, based on what I know about his playing ability and legacy from tue last few seasons he doesn't deserve a role. In saying that though I wouldn't be against him having a role provided that he is actually a talented coach and can add something to the setup, not just a job for one of the boys.

I beg to disagree.

Given it more thought and I think keeping Jig on ,in any capacity would do more harm than good with the morale .Jig has been well rewarded from Rangers .Now he should find a job where he has to really earn his money .Hopefully successfully but not at our club

I want players that are hard, but fair. Don't dive, don't fake injury and can stay in the back page of pages.

McCulloch was a thug on the park, often took cheap elbow shots amd I've never seen a Rangers player in the last 10 years dive and feign injury more than Jig, this is the qualities you're against

Respect is earned.

Can be argued that Jig did earn it, prior to the last two / three years.

Guys like McCoist were respected (and loved). His conduct through his stint as manager has been appalling, and I'll never be able to respect him because of that. He's not respected (and in some cases hated) because of his own actions and conduct.

Guys like Black don't deserve a fucking thing. Just a total bawbag of a man.

Just imagine for one minute Ally left us, say, as we entered admin - imagine the names he would have been called them. Jig stayed when others didn't - folk on here call him worse than those that jumped ship.

Black - meh!

I am a great believer in working your way through the gears/clubs in an upward spiral, there is no telling how an ex player will be on the training field even though they have a handful of certificates, if they are successful two or three times in succession after cutting teeth at lower level clubs then yes ok lets have a look.

Let the mistakes be made elsewhere whilst the skills are being honed.