Does Lee Mcculloch Deserve Another Role At Rangers?

Gaz52

Does Lee McCulloch deserve it?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. McCulloch deserving of role?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk just make shite up - jig stayed - I thank him for that - Ally stayed I thank him for that - to criticise them for being paid, or even paid well, shows how fucked up some of our supporters have become. Hate those who left - hate those that stayed. Fucked up thinking!

I didn't say I hated him and also didn't criticise him for being paid. Most people would probably do the same thing in his shoes. Just saying that to think they were being loyal is wrong in my opinion.

BP9 come on bud, why don't you just try to enjoy chatting with us instead of posting like you have sand in your vagina with every post!

I agree, I'd pay to play as well, but even if you had one leg I think you'd still be better than Jig as he neared the end of his career.

I thought my last post was rather Witty and chatty - oh well I'll keep trying.

Even in my best days I was never as good as jig on his worst day - i suspect many are like that - but do you not think its all got a bit silly when folk can't even support an ex captain and long term player for a minor coaching role at the club? ( said in a chatty way)

I didn't say I hated him and also didn't criticise him for being paid. Most people would probably do the same thing in his shoes. Just saying that to think they were being loyal is wrong in my opinion.

Ok fair enough. But say Ally had left us at any time after admin - would folk not have destroyed him for leaving a sinking ship? Instead he stayed and took us two steps towards the top while having about 5-6 changes of board, and has had to shoulder the blame for everything from lack of scouts ( chuck green), the boycott ( SOS) and remember he left when we had probably the worst board since David Murray sold us down the river - a board that wanted to insist on 5 Newcastle players playing - and we have never heard Ally's side of that story.

Ditto for jig - I believe he took a huge pay cut to play and stay ( which folk forget) he did his bit in rallying the team when others left and panicked. - so yep I cut jig, ally and others some slack for what they DID do for us, not what they did not.

And folk are getting hey up because an ex captain, loyal player, long term player for us - might be considered for a minor coaching role! Go figure!

Ok fair enough. But say Ally had left us at any time after admin - would folk not have destroyed him for leaving a sinking ship? Instead he stayed and took us two steps towards the top while having about 5-6 changes of board, and has had to shoulder the blame for everything from lack of scouts ( chuck green), the boycott ( SOS) and remember he left when we had probably the worst board since David Murray sold us down the river - a board that wanted to insist on 5 Newcastle players playing - and we have never heard Ally's side of that story - so yep I cut jig, ally and others some slack for what they DID do for us, not what they did not.

What they did for us was lead us to quite easily the most embarrassing finish in this clubs history.

I voted no as i have no idea if he 'deserves' a role at the club as a coach? If Warbuton and Davie think he has it in him to be a good coach then i would be happy to trust their judgement.

Lee made the very most of his very limited ability throughout his career and has kept himself in great shape aswell,by all accounts he seems to be very proffessional in going about his business.

He may be able to transfer that onto the younger guys at the club,who knows?

Its pointless talking about wages. Every player has been overpaid the last few years, regardless of ability. They were offered a contract and accepted. You can't blame them for accepting it. It is however their fault if they failed to give 100% and McCulloch does not fall into that category. He was continually played out of position and was passed it.

I've said it before, McCulloch has won more honours with Rangers in the past 15 years with the exception of Barry Ferguson. Some fans would do well to remember that. He's been there and he's delivered for us.

Saying that, there's NO way he should be getting a coaching role and can't see it happening. The story is probably a load of rubbish.

Naw.

Nae mair jobs for the boys.

He couldn't captain or motivate the team last year so how could we trust him to motivate anyone else associated with the club.

Naw again.

No more old pals act pish. Sick of all this bring such and such back to the club. Move forward FFS not stare longingly into the past.

I thought my last post was rather Witty and chatty - oh well I'll keep trying.

Even in my best days I was never as good as jig on his worst day - i suspect many are like that - but do you not think its all got a bit silly when folk can't even support an ex captain and long term player for a minor coaching role at the club? ( said in a chatty way)

I think the problem is we're in no state to have someone serving an apprenticeship, we need experienced coaches in place now because this new management team have to hit the ground running. In the future I wouldn't have a problem with it, just now I do. The other problem I have is that it's been no time in between McCulloch the player and McCulloch the coach, and there does need to be a separation there. The players cant see him as he was before otherwise it will compromise his authority and his ideas. I don't mean the other players wont respect him, I'm saying that it's a big jump up to coaching and it would be best to leave the club and perhaps coach elsewhere to gain experience then come back as a different entity.

I think the problem is we're in no state to have someone serving an apprenticeship, we need experienced coaches in place now because this new management team have to hit the ground running. In the future I wouldn't have a problem with it, just now I do. The other problem I have is that it's been no time in between McCulloch the player and McCulloch the coach, and there does need to be a separation there. The players cant see him as he was before otherwise it will compromise his authority and his ideas. I don't mean the other players wont respect him, I'm saying that it's a big jump up to coaching and it would be best to leave the club and perhaps coach elsewhere to gain experience then come back as a different entity.

I get the argument - I just disagree with it - Jig has recently done his badges so is up with modern techniques, as Captain he was in a senior role not just a squad player, and MW seems to be a decent manager to learn under - we are not even talking about jig being in a senior coaching position - which MW and Weir wil have but a more minor role under MW's tutallege - so don't see any real issue. I am concerned by the vitriol some fans demonstrate against him ( amongst others) and don't really think that vitriol is either deserved nor 'The Rangers Way' and find that sad

Ok fair enough. But say Ally had left us at any time after admin - would folk not have destroyed him for leaving a sinking ship? Instead he stayed and took us two steps towards the top while having about 5-6 changes of board, and has had to shoulder the blame for everything from lack of scouts ( chuck green), the boycott ( SOS) and remember he left when we had probably the worst board since David Murray sold us down the river - a board that wanted to insist on 5 Newcastle players playing - and we have never heard Ally's side of that story.

Ditto for jig - I believe he took a huge pay cut to play and stay ( which folk forget) he did his bit in rallying the team when others left and panicked. - so yep I cut jig, ally and others some slack for what they DID do for us, not what they did not.

And folk are getting hey up because an ex captain, loyal player, long term player for us - might be considered for a minor coaching role! Go figure!

They stood by the club when we were in trouble but all while being VERY well paid, which is what people don't forget.

And I think the problem most people have with him being a coach is a) he has no coaching experience, so is a bit of an unknown quantity and b) are we in a position to be giving coaching roles + wages to guys just because they're an ex captain and long term player?

I get the argument - I just disagree with it - Jig has recently done his badges so is up with modern techniques, as Captain he was in a senior role not just a squad player, and MW seems to be a decent manager to learn under - we are not even talking about jig being in a senior coaching position - which MW and Weir wil have but a more minor role under MW's tutallege - so don't see any real issue. I am concerned by the vitriol some fans demonstrate against him ( amongst others) and don't really think that vitriol is either deserved nor 'The Rangers Way' and find that sad

I guess we've all been through a lot for the last few seasons and I completely understand some fans venting, I guess that's why sport has become so popular.

I don't think we should look on qualifications as something which has too much pull. Let's face it, footballer's aren't the brightest and look at the amount of them that attain that qualification.

At this moment in time I'm just of the opinion we need experience instead of a newly qualified coach, remember, Warburton isn't the most experienced manager.

So many guys came from uni to work in engineering where I worked and because they didn't serve an apprenticeship they didn't have a clue. It took a lot of hand holding and time to get those engineers up to any kind of standard, and I don't think this is a worthwhile resource to be putting our time and effort in when we have such a new team and we NEED to go up this year!

However, I accept your point of view.

They stood by the club when we were in trouble but all while being VERY well paid, which is what people don't forget.

And I think the problem most people have with him being a coach is a) he has no coaching experience, so is a bit of an unknown quantity and b) are we in a position to be giving coaching roles + wages to guys just because they're an ex captain and long term player?

It's a professional game - I don't begrudge him his wages.

The job ( if it exists) is a minor coaching role for a ex senior player - who is qualified for the role - don't see the issue.

The job ( if it exists) is a minor coaching role for a ex senior player - who is qualified for the role - don't see the issue.

You do know when you get those plastic badges off the magazines it doesn't make you a real Sheriff.

I guess we've all been through a lot for the last few seasons and I completely understand some fans venting, I guess that's why sport has become so popular.

I don't think we should look on qualifications as something which has too much pull. Let's face it, footballer's aren't the brightest and look at the amount of them that attain that qualification.

At this moment in time I'm just of the opinion we need experience instead of a newly qualified coach, remember, Warburton isn't the most experienced manager.

So many guys came from uni to work in engineering where I worked and because they didn't serve an apprenticeship they didn't have a clue. It took a lot of hand holding and time to get those engineers up to any kind of standard, and I don't think this is a worthwhile resource to be putting our time and effort in when we have such a new team and we NEED to go up this year!

However, I accept your point of view.

We agree to disagree! Agreed!

We all want MW to be a success and on that we agree.

I think that's the issue here, you consider him 'qualified' because he has his badges (which are very easy to get) even though he's totally untried and inexperienced.

I think others look at his recent conduct, discipline, leadership, ability to motivate and the fact that he's just been released as one of the worst captains of the worst team in our history and consider him unqualified.

Clean break from the 'jobs from the boys' is required, and if he demonstrates excellence elsewhere than by all means welcome him back.

My point isn't that he didn't deserve to get paid, it's that he was well paid and I'm fairly confident that's the reason he stood by us, not the fact he was doing it only out of loyalty. As I said in my first post, there's no such thing as loyalty in football and if he'd been given higher wages elsewhere he would've jumped ship too.

All speculation of course. Just my opinion.

I think that's the issue here, you consider him 'qualified' because he has his badges (which are very easy to get) even though he's totally untried and inexperienced.

I think others look at his recent conduct, discipline, leadership, ability to motivate and the fact that he's just been released as one of the worst captains of the worst team in our history and consider him unqualified.

Clean break from the 'jobs from the boys' is required, and if he demonstrates excellence elsewhere than by all means welcome him back.

Just realeased as a negative against a 38 year old? coaching qualifications easy to get?no experience! No jobs for the boys? Davie weir? :lol: your trying far to hard for negatives!