Make a new fan

With the summer fast approaching im sure there will be loads of us heading off on holiday I thought I would share with you what I do every time I go abroad.

When I go on holiday I always get talking to the local weather it be a barman in spain or a jewelry shop owner in turkey and the conversations almost always turn to football (much to the mrs delight).

As I never head off without a rangers tops I usually end up giving 1 away to a local football fan that iv been chatting to, I just thought id say that with theI merchindise so cheap at the min do any of you think its a good idea? If we go on holiday this year Iim gona take a top and a couple of dvds to give away and get some more people supporting the mighty rangers.

A few people have been to the same resort in turkey that I went to and seen the guy in the jewelery shop wearing the rangets top and.now he gives a bit of discount to rangers fans.

Not quite the same but I've considered sending old tops out to disadvantaged people in African countries for example but not sure how to go about it. They are Football mad and grateful for clothes, might also help spread the name.

google this, there is a charity that you can send them too, they had a collection at my work years ago.

our wee tour guide in morroco had a dundee utd top on one day, he knew quite alot about then too, so when I was leaving he was eyeing up my gers top, said I'd give him it if he threw away the utd top. it was thrown in the river there and then.

always take a few tops to deapest darkest china when we go for work and educate all the locals I can about the gers. every time we go back its funny to see about 30 people wearing gers tops and they can barely speak english.

think its a bit pointless in europe tho, most will know the gers from CL and uefa

We have visited Goa in India for the past three years and the goans are crazy about football,i have given away a dozen Rangers tops old and new to the street kids and always let them know about our team.All bears should do the same(if you can afford it) no matter where you are visiting.

Why don't we all shag our birds and make thousands on little bears and bearettes

That way, over the next 20 yrs we could make even more cash with them getting merchandise and season tickets

Let's shag guys , get your end away pronto

shagging for me is out of the question being a married chap.

But on the original point.

For years now we have (group of 6)always taken a few badges with us on Euro trips.

We give them out in the pub to the home team support.

Always goes down well.

There are a couple of my top in spain. The Beach Boys Bar, Callela. Gran Cafe, Gran Canaria. Wembleys, Gran Canaria. The Scots Man, Benidorm.

Ill have another couple to give away in Turkey this year.

Done this when we were in Bali a couple of seasons back. There was alot of coverage of EPL and we were playing MANU at home when we were across there and the guy that droves us about was into football so gave him the away top i had with me.

The Missus has a few people over from different places with work and they nearly always get sent home with a top> had 4 over from the US who have taken home a good few tops each, and one of the guys daughter plays football across there and never takes it off. Also sent one to a colleague in singapore who sends us pictures from mad places with it on. He also bought 2 read and black scarfs got them shipped to singapore and then shipped one back to my missus.

Just little things like that will create interest in our team, not much money though, but anything to get our brand known better than the tims.

If you want to go shagging, try brazil and argentina and leave a few tops for when the kids grow up and become superstars and want to play for us.

shagging for me is out of the question being a married chap.

But on the original point.

For years now we have (group of 6)always taken a few badges with us on Euro trips.

We give them out in the pub to the home team support.

Always goes down well.

I always take a load of badges with me as well and i've just ordered a load of new style ones for ma club so when we eventually get back in to Europe they will be well distributed.

You weren't giving out badges in a wee pub near the Bursa ground wae a bird by any chance?

Left a few tops in Cuba the few times I've been. One guy inparticular, Rigoberto knew quite a lot about the club.

The look of happiness on his face when I handed over a strip to him was amazing.

Once home this evening I'll post a pic of this.

I do this every holiday I go. So far there are about 20 rangers tops being worn in Thailand. And about 7 in Canada. The Thai ones are more important though because of the Thai tims. I'm making sure we get noticed out there too.

I'm sure Rangers send football gear out to third world countries too so there should be a lot of folk throughout the world wearing out colours.

remember a local bear whose health was deteriorating going over to the Maldives a few times with his missus[just before he sadly passed away] and taking over dozens of Rangers tops for the young locals,said he wanted to leave some sort of legacy....superb guy he was.

on my own personal appearance remember going to the Nou Camp with my wife to obtain tickets for the Barca game that night with my Rangers top on,and a couple of local Spaniards growling at me,so i just growled back,felt better after that although my wife thought i acted like a right dick :rolleyes:

remember a local bear whose health was deteriorating going over to the Maldives a few times with his missus[just before he sadly passed away] and taking over dozens of Rangers tops for the young locals,said he wanted to leave some sort of legacy....superb guy he was.

on my own personal appearance remember going to the Nou Camp with my wife to obtain tickets for the Barca game that night with my Rangers top on,and a couple of local Spaniards growling at me,so i just growled back,felt better after that although my wife thought i acted like a right dick :rolleyes:

Phuxache man - yout barking mad

I always take a load of badges with me as well and i've just ordered a load of new style ones for ma club so when we eventually get back in to Europe they will be well distributed.

You weren't giving out badges in a wee pub near the Bursa ground wae a bird by any chance?

we did give some out in Bursa

what a trip 4 planes 2 ferries 2 buses & 4 taxis.......

We were not in the boozer with most of our guys but one just behind it.

If you were in the ground that night you might remember a chap at the front with the Bursa keepers top on ALL ORANGE.

He was running about like a 3 year old climbing fences and just being a bit of a dick.

Turns out he was on the same flight out of Istanbul as me and sitting in the next seat. When sober (if rather hung over) he was a decent guy working in London if I remember.

we did give some out in Bursa

what a trip 4 planes 2 ferries 2 buses & 4 taxis.......

We were not in the boozer with most of our guys but one just behind it.

If you were in the ground that night you might remember a chap at the front with the Bursa keepers top on ALL ORANGE.

He was running about like a 3 year old climbing fences and just being a bit of a dick.

Turns out he was on the same flight out of Istanbul as me and sitting in the next seat. When sober (if rather hung over) he was a decent guy working in London if I remember.

I remember that guy - bit of an arse I thought.