Golf

kplfishtank

Back to basics. Took on some of Butchs advice and it was far better. I think over the course of the season, my stance has got more closed and as a result I have eventually lost the plot.  I made a concerted effort to open my stance and things were much better and felt less forced. Still some work to do, but happier.

17 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Back to basics. Took on some of Butchs advice and it was far better. I think over the course of the season, my stance has got more closed and as a result I have eventually lost the plot.  I made a concerted effort to open my stance and things were much better and felt less forced. Still some work to do, but happier.

You're welcome mate ?

21 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I only know about butch as I was shanking it n automatically thought open face but he proved me wrong.

Ive been playing with face slightly open now for years because of that.

42 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

question.

I dont hit my 7 iron (burner) as well as I hit my 5 hybrid (R15) with 24 degrees loft. I was thinking of investing in the Taylor made M2 hybrid 6 with a 28 degree loft rather than the 7 iron. Thoughts?

Interesting cushy. The truth is that hybrid to iron is a different feeling and flight.

Average 7 iron about 30-32 degrees in loft, so by going to the 28 degree hybrid you're going stronger loft and in theory to a hybrid so should be easier to hit, get airborne and further.

All personal preference really.

Ive looked at taking away 3wood, 3 & 4 iron and replacing with 16, 19 and 22 degree hybrids just for the ease and consistency factor.

6 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Playing Largs tomorrow heard good things about it anyone played it before ? 

Usually very quick greens, not played it in a while but a good track. 

I assume you mean Largs Kelburne and not Routenburn? 

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Usually very quick greens, not played it in a while but a good track. 

I assume you mean Largs Kelburne and not Routenburn? 

Yeah think it's just called Largs golf club and Routenburn is routenburn golf club. Managed to get it for £16 a head booking it yesterday online. 

Shotts open on Saturday not sure whether to play it or not used to play there as a junior. 

28 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Playing the Glen in North Berwick tonight, Cant wait looks a cracking course!

A lot of guys I play and I mention it to them don't like it but I love it and would play it all the time once you get by the first hole it flattens out but it's a cracking course not played it in a while but was always in good nick. 

4 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

A lot of guys I play and I mention it to them don't like it but I love it and would play it all the time once you get by the first hole it flattens out but it's a cracking course not played it in a while but was always in good nick. 

I've never played it, was looking it up online. 13th and 18th look amazing. Heard the greens are like glass?

18 hours ago, cushynumber said:

after much fucking about where he tried to get the M&H committee to award him the tie, they have given us till Friday. I suggested to the wee prick any night this week - whereby he said they can only do Friday, thereby making it a cert they would be awarded the tie if we said no, as thats the last date it can be played.

So we play the two ball foursome on Friday evening. I am absolutely GAGGING to play this guy and his mate. I fucking guarantee my team wins it. There is no way I am going to allow myself to get beat. No excuses. No surrender.Even if my mate plays like a dog thats never seen a golf club before, we will still win.

I make it my mission in life.

A full synopsis of the match will be available later that evening on this very forum topic of course.

Just scud him with your 9 iron prior to teeing off