Golf

kplfishtank

On 22/11/2018 at 22:38, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Try clubhouse golf mate I use them and remember they had deals last year.

Had a look there but then went on affordable golf they had a lot more options, got 2 pairs one for £40 and one for £60 so no bad will be for next season anyway. 

Anyone tried these Vice balls? 

My mate has a box and been using them in our winter league and is convinced they are the real deal and says he will be switching to them.

This is a +1 golfer who has represented his country, so I’m kind of taking notice but intrigued to try them myself n see.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

My mate has a box and been using them in our winter league and is convinced they are the real deal and says he will be switching to them.

This is a +1 golfer who has represented his country, so I’m kind of taking notice but intrigued to try them myself n see.

Not even heard of them, might try a few during winter to see. 

6 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Not even heard of them, might try a few during winter to see. 

Likewise mate,

He was telling me they are of German design and online only. Designed to rival the proV etc.

Different ones available, he is using the pro plus which are the equivalent of a prov1x and is raving about them.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Likewise mate,

He was telling me they are of German design and online only. Designed to rival the proV etc.

Different ones available, he is using the pro plus which are the equivalent of a prov1x and is raving about them.

The pro plus would certainly keep me awake 

45 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

not played in a wee while. Went out this morning and played my two mates in a Stableford bounce game and gubbed them. Played some nice stuff.

I played my 9th game of our winter league this morning. 34 points, so not bad. How was the hand and the right skin? 

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I played my 9th game of our winter league this morning. 34 points, so not bad. How was the hand and the right skin? 

it held up mate. Thats the bandages all off  so wore a glove and it felt fine. A little tight and I felt the glove was starting to chafe a little at the end, but no complaints. obviously  didnt enter the winter league this year

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

it held up mate. Thats the bandages all off  so wore a glove and it felt fine. A little tight and I felt the glove was starting to chafe a little at the end, but no complaints. obviously  didnt enter the winter league this year

Might find it actually helps to get the skin back stretched out to normal elasticity.👍

17 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone know where I would 1/2 sleeved wind breaker jacket (if that makes sense) any sites with a good selection? 

I have a couple of these + gilet type Sunderland ones that I picked up from the glenmuir shop in Lanark.

Some great selections too. If you’re not to far away it’s worth a visit mate.

23 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I have a couple of these + gilet type Sunderland ones that I picked up from the glenmuir shop in Lanark.

Some great selections too. If you’re not to far away it’s worth a visit mate.

Where is this shop exactly mate is it in the town centre or is out the way ? Is it a big shop ? 

13 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Where is this shop exactly mate is it in the town centre or is out the way ? Is it a big shop ? 

It’s attached to the glenmuir factory mate right in centre of town just behind the main high street. Post code is ML11 9DX, I’d let sat nav guide you as Lanark in the centre is a one way system.

Im actually going to go on myself over next few days to get my dad couple Xmas gifts as likes their clothing.

Its not huge but has rail upon rail of clothing, from socks to waterproofs and everything in between and glenmuir bought Sunderland so all that is in the shop too 👍

26 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It’s attached to the glenmuir factory mate right in centre of town just behind the main high street. Post code is ML11 9DX, I’d let sat nav guide you as Lanark in the centre is a one way system.

Im actually going to go on myself over next few days to get my dad couple Xmas gifts as likes their clothing.

Its not huge but has rail upon rail of clothing, from socks to waterproofs and everything in between and glenmuir bought Sunderland so all that is in the shop too 👍

Could do a pair of waterproofs got Sunderland the now would 100% get a similar pair. 

On 02/12/2018 at 17:54, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I played the vice pros for a while.

Good balls to be honest, but you have to buy a shit load of them to be good value for money.

Overall I love the chromesofts so just sticking with them.

Gutting to see the fire at Machrihanish which has taken out the clubhouse. Played there loads of times as a junior and managed back down for a few rounds over the last 5/10 years, and it's still one of the best links courses you could ever want to play. Still know a few of the members and they are a good bunch of lads, hopefully they'll get some kind of support to look at a rebuild once they've had a chance to assess what can be saved if anything. Real shame.