Golf

kplfishtank

9 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Flag in or out what we thinking ? 

We were mucking about last week on the winter league and I anctualky preferred it in. I think that everyone should be keeping it in for long putts to speed up the game.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We were mucking about last week on the winter league and I anctualky preferred it in. I think that everyone should be keeping it in for long putts to speed up the game.

I agree long putts or bounce games just leave it in quick putts is tempting as well to leave it in. 

Do Lanark have heavy flags can’t remember from the last time a was up if so a know most links courses have them would that make a difference ? 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

I agree long putts or bounce games just leave it in quick putts is tempting as well to leave it in. 

Do Lanark have heavy flags can’t remember from the last time a was up if so a know most links courses have them would that make a difference ? 

Yeah heavier pins mate. Whether it makes a difference or not I think it’s a psychological thing tbh.

13 hours ago, Steelydan1690 said:

No played in years ,but am I missing something ?

Caddies are no longer to be used to aid putting alignment, Li took it to the max and got caught. 

They should get the greens books to fuck as well. Time wasting at its best. 

Edit, Tbh the rule wasn't infringed the two shot penalty is a farce

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

What did Sergio actually do not seen a video Ano he got disqualified for damaging the greens. 

He missed couple putts and slammed putter into greens causing damage which he did repair but does go against the rules. I need to dig out Peter Aliss’s tweet, it’s hilarious 😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

Had a tournament match bet accumulator on. Just really needing Spieth to beat Matsuyama for about £500 but that ship has sailed. Earlier today Spieth was about 9 strokes ahead of Matsuyama. Spieth has now gone into full meltdown and is currently +10 after 10 holes on his final round. He's just shot an 8 having only been 81 feet (in the bunker admittedly) from the hole after his first shot. 7 shots to get it in the hole from 81 feet haha!

image.thumb.png.878f4f5246d76b0d72e98ef9a04c09de.png

6 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Off to Tenerife on Thursday three games lined up, Costa adeje, golf Del sur, amirillo

Played there before ? 

Done Golf de Sur a few years back the greens were the best I have ever played on its 3 x 9 holes if I remember right. 

8 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Played there before ? 

Done Golf de Sur a few years back the greens were the best I have ever played on its 3 x 9 holes if I remember right. 

Played Costa adeje before, cracking course. Golf Del Sur is 3 x9 and depending on what two 9s you get makes it a great course. Apparently the original 18 is best. We'll see. 

9 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Had a tournament match bet accumulator on. Just really needing Spieth to beat Matsuyama for about £500 but that ship has sailed. Earlier today Spieth was about 9 strokes ahead of Matsuyama. Spieth has now gone into full meltdown and is currently +10 after 10 holes on his final round. He's just shot an 8 having only been 81 feet (in the bunker admittedly) from the hole after his first shot. 7 shots to get it in the hole from 81 feet haha!

image.thumb.png.878f4f5246d76b0d72e98ef9a04c09de.png

Good enough for the prick

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Played Costa adeje before, cracking course. Golf Del Sur is 3 x9 and depending on what two 9s you get makes it a great course. Apparently the original 18 is best. We'll see. 

I enjoyed all 3 of them we just played 3-4 rounds there playing different 9s each day. 

4 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Good enough for the prick

He hit in tee shot into the middle of nowhere and took about 8 minutes deciding what to do next! Holmes isn't much better. Slow as fuck. They've made a number of rule changes to golf recently, a lot of which are nonsense but they've done nothing in relation to slow play!

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He hit in tee shot into the middle of nowhere and took about 8 minutes deciding what to do next! Holmes isn't much better. Slow as fuck. They've made a number of rule changes to golf recently, a lot of which are nonsense but they've done nothing in relation to slow play!

They should ban those books they have for the greens. Just read the green

The flag in or out is doing my head in, some folk wanting the pin put back in after being asked if OK to take it out. Wankers 

55 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

They should ban those books they have for the greens. Just read the green

The flag in or out is doing my head in, some folk wanting the pin put back in after being asked if OK to take it out. Wankers 

It's like the powers that be in all sports that I like have come together and decided collectively how could we make these already great sports a bit more shite! Every sport is gradually being ruined whether it be money, rule changes, streaming, ability to watch, review panels, technology etc.! If it's not broke don't fix it but at the very least don't make it worse!