Mancs at home

wee dennis is hh

There are plenty of Bears who may not be casuals but if they seen things kick off would be quite happy to steam in or at the very least would defend themselves and other Bears. That's the way it should be. Not defend each other and take kickings for the sake of our club's reputation? Fuck that.

Aye mate deffo. But i would never expect anyone not in the mob to help us, because 99% of people think it’s disgusting and would be horrified if they saw 100 v 100 lads going at it hammer and tongs

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great bar, there was always someone from the ICF in there any day of the week. I can remember at the Scotland England game in 89 giving Liverpool an absolute hammering there then turning over West Ham up at Gordon st and round into Mitchell street down onto Argyle street and at that time they were considered the best in the UK.

That was some day

There was a lot to take in that day ! A good few of the firm were in with Chelsea too!

Remember seeing a wee St.Midden tramp we knew from Renfrew skirmishes running away with a Leeds crew!!

Aye mate deffo. But i would never expect anyone not in the mob to help us, because 99% of people think its disgusting and would be horrified if they saw 100 v 100 lads going at it hammer and tongs

Organised meets is one thing but if it happened and a bear or bears were getting a kicking we jumped in and did the best we could to help.In those days most of the fans did the same thing because it was the done thing.

St mirren were arseholes but in those days Paisley was our preferred drinking place so it made it a little awkward at times to say the least.

These days they would rather not.

There was a lot to take in that day ! A good few of the firm were in with Chelsea too!

Remember seeing a wee St.Midden tramp we knew from Renfrew skirmishes running away with a Leeds crew!!

That day it wasn’t really Scotland v England. As you say us and Chelsea went around all day as one mob having a pop at different mobs..........again, as you say, there was a LOT going on that day

Well well , The Trooper is here at last ! Break your heart old chap , tearing yourself away from ££ ? laugh.gif

Aye you were there once upon a time mate . Hearts away on the special was always fun wink.gif

Got tired of the politics mate . Pm ed an admin ,told him to ram it , probably banned now!

My toe to toe days are past mate , but i ain't got a problem with our lads defending our patch!

Organised meets is one thing but if it happened and a bear or bears were getting a kicking we jumped in and did the best we could to help.In those days most of the fans did the same thing because it was the done thing.

St mirren were arseholes but in those days Paisley was our preferred drinking place so it made it a little awkward at times to say the least.

These days they would rather not.

back then it was no where as organised as it is now because it didn’t have to be. We didn’t have mobile phones, Sky etc. We all knew we played at 3 on a saturday and knew where other teams were playing which ment we knew when they would be passing through Queen St or Central etc.

Aye mate deffo. But i would never expect anyone not in the mob to help us, because 99% of people think it’s disgusting and would be horrified if they saw 100 v 100 lads going at it hammer and tongs

What I wonder is, where did all the handwringers who love to have a go at their fellow fans come from? I wasn't around then but I bet they were much quieter in the 80s/early 90s.

back then it was no where as organised as it is now because it didn’t have to be. We didn’t have mobile phones, Sky etc. We all knew we played at 3 on a saturday and knew where other teams were playing which ment we knew when they would be passing through Queen St or Central etc.

Totally agree....city centre at the Trongate was always a laugh after the Old Firm games.

St Mirren at Love St,Gilmour St,down Causeyside St,Shuttle St

Motherwell away was another one you had to have your wits about you.

By and large though my mates and i got through it pretty unscathed as we knew we weren't really part of it as we were more interested in the game to be honest.But if it happened it happened you just dealt with it best you could and made sure you got home in one piece.

What I wonder is, where did all the handwringers who love to have a go at their fellow fans come from? I wasn't around then but I bet they were much quieter in the 80s/early 90s.

The internet means they have the safety of anonymity. There’s also a change in society in general. I could go on for ages but that’s the crux of it to me

Totally agree....city centre at the Trongate was always a laugh after the Old Firm games.

St Mirren at Love St,Gilmour St,down Causeyside St,Shuttle St

Motherwell away was another one you had to have your wits about you.

By and large though my mates and i got through it pretty unscathed as we knew we weren't really part of it as we were more interested in the game to be honest.But if it happened it happened you just dealt with it best you could and made sure you got home in one piece.

Aye. Celtic had a good mob back then. They gave us a run for a money a few times, then there was the time after a new years day game at Tattiedome where a mad cunt ran through the Baras with a huge machette chasing us all..........he had no top on either, i think i dived over a load of snide E.T pirate videos.

Why do football hooligans not take up boxing or some other sport where its one on one, they are fighters not just silly wee thugs who carry knives.

Any wee chav can be the bigman in a group it has to be said.

Which is why they don't take up boxing.

There it's in the same weight class, pretty much even handed.

But I've seen guys who are a head smaller than me take on big f*ckers and walk away unscathed, why would they give up the respect that gives them ? :lol:

Aye. Celtic had a good mob back then. They gave us a run for a money a few times, then there was the time after a new years day game at Tattiedome where a mad cunt ran through the Baras with a huge machette chasing us all..........he had no top on either, i think i dived over a load of snide E.T pirate videos.

Broony....wee wanker enough said.

I remember we got caught up in it and it ended up in Goldbergs of all places as fans were running around the Merchant City as it is now with police on horses and on foot trying to catch them.

I would never ever expect a gent like you to do anything to help us. But we would not hesitate to gather you into the middle of us and ensure you and your boy were safe. It’s been done may times.

I heard about this thread elsewhere, and, have managed to get this far without responding.

Bear, I think what you have said here, is the entire point of the thread! Looking after members of the Rangers family IF they need it. For the life of me, I cant see why people like Govanfrontgers has ANY issue with that? personally? If I was along, or, with family, as I have been at many games, and, was confronted i would be more than grateful for assistance.

The other point this lad seems to have missed, is the fact that, it is HE going on about violence, everyone else (so far) has stated they are looking to make sure others are ok. Some people would be more inclined to attack individuals, whereas, if there is a larger presence, they would (normally) think twice, and, the event goes off without incident

Was not going to post again on this topic as the point seems to be lost on alot of people.

There seems to a running theme on this topic that football hooligans are ok if there either Rangers fans or there defending Rangers fan. I have been taking alot of abuse for the stance i have taken against hooligans but lest gets some points clear.

1) Football hooligans are not accectable at any point.

2) They bring the name of Rangers and all other clubs down.

3) Just because they have been about for years dos not make it right.

4)The main point, Bear himself has even said what he gets up is wrong and would prefer if he did not enjoy it.

TBH some of the post's on here have shocked me, not the fact that it gos on but the level of support it seems to hold on here. Some of the post's have been predictable from some on here but others have really just confirmed that there nothing better than knuckles draggers that dont give a fuck about what there affections with do to harm Rangers Football Club.

Ok hard man, just grow up wee boy.

You should never be anywhere close to a football match again.

Just for my own education, which part of these 2 lines required your rather odd response?

Like i said earlier no one is going looking for them or instigating a fight with them.

All that is happening is like minded bears will be in attendance to ensure OUR supporters are looked after.

Perhaps the person saying "grow up hardman" need to take a look at themselves, the above, would be classed as chivalry in days gone by!

So, thinking about this, someone willing to look out for others, and, NOT look for or instigate a fight, shouldnt be near a football match?? Pretty bizarre outlook if you ask me.

I heard about this thread elsewhere, and, have managed to get this far without responding.

Bear, I think what you have said here, is the entire point of the thread! Looking after members of the Rangers family IF they need it. For the life of me, I cant see why people like Govanfrontgers has ANY issue with that? personally? If I was along, or, with family, as I have been at many games, and, was confronted i would be more than grateful for assistance.

The other point this lad seems to have missed, is the fact that, it is HE going on about violence, everyone else (so far) has stated they are looking to make sure others are ok. Some people would be more inclined to attack individuals, whereas, if there is a larger presence, they would (normally) think twice, and, the event goes off without incident

Once against somebody is making things up, i have never said anything like this in the whole thread.

Was not going to post again on this topic as the point seems to be lost on alot of people.

There seems to a running theme on this topic that football hooligans are ok if there either Rangers fans or there defending Rangers fan. I have been taking alot of abuse for the stance i have taken against hooligans but lest gets some points clear.

1) Football hooligans are not accectable at any point.

2) They bring the name of Rangers and all other clubs down.

3) Just because they have been about for years dos not make it right.

4)The main point, Bear himself has even said what he gets up is wrong and would prefer if he did not enjoy it.

TBH some of the post's on here have shocked me, not the fact that it gos on but the level of support it seems to hold on here. Some of the post's have been predictable from some on here but others have really just confirmed that there nothing better than knuckles draggers that dont give a fuck about what there affections with do to harm Rangers Football Club.

Ah, now I understand! Anybody who suggests protecting those weaker than others, is a hooligan? ok, I understand. You have a very strange way of looking at things!

This isnt "abuse", its a questioning of your understanding. You appear to be labeling EVERYONE who wants to avoid a repeat of a previous incident, ideally without any violence, as a "hooligan". Thats your problem, and, until you realise that, you will probably get more grief.

Just for my own education, which part of these 2 lines required your rather odd response?

Like i said earlier no one is going looking for them or instigating a fight with them.

All that is happening is like minded bears will be in attendance to ensure OUR supporters are looked after.

Perhaps the person saying "grow up hardman" need to take a look at themselves, the above, would be classed as chivalry in days gone by!

So, thinking about this, someone willing to look out for others, and, NOT look for or instigate a fight, shouldnt be near a football match?? Pretty bizarre outlook if you ask me.

Mate you have a go at me in ever topic i post, thats ok thats your right but lets get this one correct for a change.

We are talking about football hooligans using real Rangers fans as an excuse and right to fight with other thugs.

Ah, now I understand! Anybody who suggests protecting those weaker than others, is a hooligan? ok, I understand. You have a very strange way of looking at things!

This isnt "abuse", its a questioning of your understanding. You appear to be labeling EVERYONE who wants to avoid a repeat of a previous incident, ideally without any violence, as a "hooligan". Thats your problem, and, until you realise that, you will probably get more grief.

Right mate if you want to play it that way.

Please explain what you will say the first time tim fans are fighing with anybody else?

Mate you have a go at me in ever topic i post, thats ok thats your right but lets get this one correct for a change.

We are talking about football hooligans using real Rangers fans as an excuse and right to fight with other thugs.

Do I? In all fairness, I havent noticed you. Thats not a dig.

The last part, fair enough, that is not right. i wont argue with that because I am generally not a violent person, but, the point being, thats not what this thread was started as, nothing to do with that. Were the kids and female pensioners involved last time also "hooligans"? Course they werent, so, is it NOT right for Rangers fans to want to ensure that doesnt happen again? That was, and probably still is the main point.

Yourself and some others, have gone off on a tangent from the original thread, in the main because of the input of someone whos values you disagree with it appears. I would say this though, IF the same problems happened again, I would LOVE to have some guys like that looking out for me, or for my family. The thing is, the majority in this thread ARENT "hooligans" as you say, but, ordinary Bears.

The other point is, not everyone has the same "hobbies" (for want of a better word), so, its also not right to say that someone who is a "hooligan" isnt a football fan. Criminals, Ministers, Politicians, Musicians can all be football fans too. And, if you think about it, and have watched any of the documentaries on it, the firms tend to seperate themselves from other fans, and, it rarely happens at matches these days. Its a fairly moot point now

Right mate if you want to play it that way.

Please explain what you will say the first time tim fans are fighing with anybody else?

Ok, I have just given a lengthy reply, but, to address this...

nothing. I dont care about them.

The only time thats important to me, is, if they are causing trouble with me, or mine

GFG...........can i ask you a straight up question.

Name the last incident that you know we were involved in.............

I have no idea, mate you seem to not be able to work out what i'm going on about.

I have no wish to deal with you, come accross you or have anything to do with hooligans.

I have no idea, mate you seem to not be able to work out what i'm going on about.

I have no wish to deal with you, come accross you or have anything to do with hooligans.

I think you’ll find it’s you that does not know what you are going on about. You have tied yourself in knotts right through this thread but don’t see it. You have made assumptions, generalisations, and made things up