Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

Until Fiorentina make an offer to the club it will be no more than interest unless they are waiting until June.

And they may well wait till June..he could sign a pre-contract at any time.

From PAUL HUGHES in Florence

Published: Today

Add a comment (0)

FIORENTINA last night claimed that Rangers are threatening Kenny Miller's dream move to Serie A as they keep moving the goalposts.

Viola sporting director Pantaleo Corvino is directing the stunning swoop for the 31-year-old Ibrox idol.

Miller had his bags packed to fly out to Italy on Tuesday but the deal hit a hitch and Corvino told Italian media: "The reason for the delay is that Rangers keep restructuring the price.

"We seem now to be moving closer to Valon Behrami at West Ham because Rangers want to raise the offer for Miller."

The fee is understood to be around £700,000 plus add-ons but Fiorentina WON'T give Gers the £500,000 sweetener that Birmingham offered should Miller help keep ex-Gers boss Alex McLeish's side in the Premier League.

Last night English sources insisted a deal has been struck to make Birmingham the ONLY club Gers can sell Miller to in the January window.

The collapse of a move to Italy would leave Miller heartbroken, and he is cold on a return to the Midlands where he has played before for Wolves and Derby.

Now here in the beautiful city that could become Miller's next football home the Fiorentina powerbrokers hold his future in their hands.

Sources here insist the club's sporting director Corvino and coach Sinisa Mihajlovic are convinced that the Scotland striker CAN cope with the demands of Serie A.

The club's wealthy owners, though, are still weighing up their options as a landmark transfer for Scottish football hangs in the balance.

Last night the prospect of Miller going to Rangers' preferred bidders Birmingham was still ebbing away.

Gers are desperate to see that deal go through because if Birmingham stay up they would get a £500,000 bonus to take the total deal to £1.1m.

No one else across Europe will pay that sort of money for a 31-year-old striker with six months left on his contract.

Miller now faces the most anxious wait of his career with Serie A strugglers Bari and Cesena also awaiting developments should the Fiorentina deal die.

Meanwhile, if his swoop fails big Eck, who was due to meet Miller yesterday, will revive his bid to sign Robbie Keane from Spurs for £7m.

Those talks were put on the backburner last week as Birmingham focused on Miller, who would cost a fraction of that.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1As4lNk4i

I really hate the idea of him staying here because we fucked Fiorentina off. He won't try an inch.

Smith on Sportsound tonight said he won't get anywhere near the Rangers first team if he signs a pre contract with another club

Unlike Smith - Somewhat huffy. But if it encourages Miller to move on then I'm happy

the more this continues , the more i think he will stay tbh .

if he does then its fine as long as he keeps up his form

if he goes then good luck and lets bring a new face in , but the longer it drags on the less chance of us getting goodwillie, someone could easily snap him up before us

Smith on Sportsound tonight said he won't get anywhere near the Rangers first team if he signs a pre contract with another club

Unlike Smith - Somewhat huffy. But if it encourages Miller to move on then I'm happy

At least he's sticking to his guns. He did it with Hemdani and even to a certain extend, Boyd.

I know Boyd made a couple of fleeting appearances, but in general I think he felt the same towards Boyd. He probably knew from Jan that season his heart wasn't in it and his mind elsewhere.

I'd be surprised if we were 'moving' the goalposts.

Given that Birmingham's offer was made and accepted first, I'd imagine we'd have advised them of our expectations from the point they enquired.

Tally: 'We will offer you £700k Meester Bain'

Bain: 'Deal!'

WS: Did you not say Brum had also offered an extra £500k if they stay up?!'

Bain: 'Ah!....Sorry Mr Tally, No deal'

Miller will be pushed towards whoever offers Rangers the most money

Miller will want to go to whoever offers him the most money.

If that's the same club, all good.

If it's not Rangers will negotiate or Miller will stay until the end of the season and leave on a free.

I could write for the Scottish tabloids.

;)

Not sure there is much point spending money on a centre half, we all know Weir wont be dropped and Bougherra is too good to sit on our bench.

(tu)

TBH I dont care if its a centre back or a full back. Weir cant play 2 games a week but Id play Webster. Whittaker cant defend, Foster isnt good enough and Broadfoot isnt exactly Ashley Cole. So any decent defender Id be happy with.

Miller will be pushed towards whoever offers Rangers the most money

Miller will want to go to whoever offers him the most money.

If that's the same club, all good.

If it's not Rangers will negotiate or Miller will stay until the end of the season and leave on a free.

I could write for the Scottish tabloids.

No offence meant in the slightest to you regarding your journalistic skills,Dublinbear, but a fuckin monkey with half a brain could write for the Scottish tabloids. :anguish: