Jump to content
Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

Recommended Posts

On 09/10/2018 at 17:28, Laudrup1984 said:

It's an interesting one. Wilder is not very good technically speaking IMO. He's just so erratic and wild throwing haymakers all over the shop. But one thing that's for sure is that Wilder can bang. If he gets you clean then forget about it.

Fury on the other hand is technically sound and is incredibly evasive. He takes pride in not getting hit. But Fury for his size isn't particularly powerful though. He doesn't hit like a Wilder or an AJ.

It really could go either way but I just think Wilder will catch him at some point and get the KO. If it's a 12 round boxing match though and Fury somehow avoids getting hit, Fury wins on points pretty comfortably IMO.

Fury wins on points imo if it happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking fight would watch that again cracking scrap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin bakole losing last night was a huge shock considering the hype around him. Billy nelson tho could be in a bit of shit.....bakole was pleading with him to pull him out as his shoulder had gone. Nelson sent him out and told him to jab his head off. He's getting pelters this morning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Martin bakole losing last night was a huge shock considering the hype around him. Billy nelson tho could be in a bit of shit.....bakole was pleading with him to pull him out as his shoulder had gone. Nelson sent him out and told him to jab his head off. He's getting pelters this morning.

I watched this fight and Bakole was utter shite. Technically poor and showed absolutely no heart. Even prior to his injury he looked like he wanted a get out IMO. He will never achieve anything. I guess Nelson might know the boy better than anyone and felt he could continue. He's probably seen this attitude in training. I don't doubt he was in some pain but he ended up throwing with his right a few times. There have been many injured boxers but they just suck it up and try to push through. Sometimes you have to dig so deep if you want it badly enough. I admit it doesn't look great on Nelson's part, in fact it does look quite terrible but Bakole to me looks like a bit of a waster............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I watched this fight and Bakole was utter shite. Technically poor and showed absolutely no heart. Even prior to his injury he looked like he wanted a get out IMO. He will never achieve anything. I guess Nelson might know the boy better than anyone and felt he could continue. He's probably seen this attitude in training. I don't doubt he was in some pain but he ended up throwing with his right a few times. There have been many injured boxers but they just suck it up and try to push through. Sometimes you have to dig so deep if you want it badly enough. I admit it doesn't look great on Nelson's part, in fact it does look quite terrible but Bakole to me looks like a bit of a waster............

I totally agree mate.....Martin looked like he wanted out prior to the injury but regardless nelson is going to come under some serious pressure.

Just couldn't quite believe how bad bakole looked after all the hype around him. His footwork was horrendous....plodding around after hunter.

He's got quit in him and that going to be a serious problem going forward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dee9 said:

I totally agree mate.....Martin looked like he wanted out prior to the injury but regardless nelson is going to come under some serious pressure.

Just couldn't quite believe how bad bakole looked after all the hype around him. His footwork was horrendous....plodding around after hunter.

He's got quit in him and that going to be a serious problem going forward.

Yeah the most important relationship in boxing is the boxer and the trainer. And if you can't trust each other in big moments there's a serious issue and the relationship can't continue. It was very bizarre.

It was the first time i'd watched a full fight of his. He was slow, ponderous, flat footed, missing wildly and constantly trying to go for the KO. He even caught Hunter a few times and I don't even know if he quite has the power you'd expect for his size. His jab was actually okay at times. He just didn't use it enough. In fairness though Hunter was good and showed great heart. He was quite impressive.

I think you see in society today that many people just give up so easily, even the most simple things without a fight in all walks of life, and sometimes you need to tell them straight or give them that push to tell them that they can do it. If i've trained 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 months for a fight on the tv, as long as I can stand and have one arm/hand i'm going to give it all I've got. I may very well lose but you need to give it a go!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the Wilder video. In stitches at it :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAZN starting to flex the muscles in the US market. Massive name for them to get. I think all the DAZN fights are in sky which means we should get to see all of Canelos fights without having to go PPV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, james_85 said:

DAZN starting to flex the muscles in the US market. Massive name for them to get. I think all the DAZN fights are in sky which means we should get to see all of Canelos fights without having to go PPV

Not in the UK. It would be on box office most likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×