*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

started a game with sampdoria recently standouts for me were a centre back called daniele gastaldello and right mid call franco semioli would defo do a job in championship/spl

If you're excited by Semioli, wait till Poli and Palombo come back from their loans at Inter :lol:

I kept Weir as a coach in my game, he ended up leaving for Chelsea.

His stats are sick now, wish I made him by Ast. Manager!

Trying to get him as my assistant at Falkirk but he hasnt fully stopped playing yet and wont let me offer a staff contract! Got some random called Sandy Stewart just now

Finished top of my group amazingly. Just needing a draw in Turkey, an own goal saw me edge it 3-2, while Arsenal only drew with Shakhtar, meaning us and the Ukrainians go through. Drawn with Zenit in the next round, with a bit of luck I reckon I can go through.

Trying to get him as my assistant at Falkirk but he hasnt fully stopped playing yet and wont let me offer a staff contract! Got some random called Sandy Stewart just now

Hope you get him, he ended up like 16+ on most things for me, so does Boca become a good coach!

If you're excited by Semioli, wait till Poli and Palombo come back from their loans at Inter :lol:

had palombo from the start just got poli back hes got 2 goals 6 assists in 6 games was just naming a few that maybe nobody has heard of another is bruno fornaroli great super sub scored a few last minute winners for me

Did the treble last year with Rangers to make it 5IAR for the club and 2IAR for myself.

Stared my third season with a four nil home victory over Falkirk. Jelavic, Wallace, Edu & Lafferty have all moved on so going to be greater focus on youth this year (tu)

What tactics / formation do people use for games at Parkhead. That was my fourth game there in my third season and I've lost on every visit.

Tried defensive, attacking etc and can't seem to get anything to work so suggestions would be appreciated (tu)

What tactics / formation do people use for games at Parkhead. That was my fourth game there in my third season and I've lost on every visit.

Tried defensive, attacking etc and can't seem to get anything to work so suggestions would be appreciated (tu)

I just use my usual tactic for normal games , usually works fine. This is what I use for Europe - 4-3-3 , Very rigid and counter. Defensive mid (D) Ball winning mid (S) Central mid (A). Set your Fb's to (D) as well and make sure your wingers are on (A). Set the tempo to quick and the defensive line to normal. Used this to win the Uefa final. Might work for you (tu)

I just use my usual tactic for normal games , usually works fine. This is what I use for Europe - 4-3-3 , Very rigid and counter. Defensive mid (D) Ball winning mid (S) Central mid (A). Set your Fb's to (D) as well and make sure your wingers are on (A). Set the tempo to quick and the defensive line to normal. Used this to win the Uefa final. Might work for you (tu)

What's your team line up mate for those games? Cheers for the suggestion (tu)

carlos fierro a young mexican lad 17 years old when you start a game get him on a pre contract he scores in every game and another mexican eric torres class players the only down side to it if you dont get them on frees the will cost 15 million each they are a must buy

I've had a cracking start to the season; Won my first 7 games, including Laff bagging a last minute winner in the OF game. Just drew with Dunfermline though to spoil 100% record, and allowed Celtic to sneak back ahead of me in to 4th. ICT lead the way on 15 points.

Cruised in to CL; got Real, CSKA and a Romanian team (can't mind their name). Beat CSKA away; was 2-0 down, they missed a pen on 43 and we went up the pitch and scored bang on half time. Quick fire double at start of second half and then shut up shop.

Play a 451;

Greegs

Whittaker Goian Boca Wallace

Jig/Edu

Ness/Bruins (AM) Davis (DLP)

Celik Naismith

Laff (when fit!) if not then Healy (Healy scored 5 goals in CL qualifying rounds and has two hat-tricks this season!)

Many SPL managers have been quick to have a pop about my style of football, scored something close to 20 goals and conceded just 2 in 8 games so don't really see where they are coming from!

Celik & Naimsith have been stand outs.

Also quite a few goals from Goian, Perry and Bartley at corners!

CW still at the helm but looking to move on, we have a CVA in place. Hoping to have a new owner well in advance of January transfer window.

Get bored easily, didn't like the way things were going with Rangers. I brought in quite a lot of foreigners and even though they were doing well and won me the league I regretted it. Rather a British core but I didn't have that.

Resigned and now looking for a job.

Third season at Rangers qualified for the CL last 16 after four games for the third time with 9 points from possible 12.

Out the cup on penalties while league campaign is alright. Level with Celtic after 16 games. Won opening four then went three games where I just got a point, then won 7 games in a row before drawing at home to Motherwell and losing at Ross County.

Got Kenny Miller back as well :lol:(tu)