***Hamburger SV v Rangers***

G.E.C.

Shame to lose it in that fashion, but there were definitely some encouraging signs in the second 45. Need to get a few of these younger players in the starting 11 to breathe life into the squad. Aluko proving to be a very good signing.

Completely agree with you on this one! We need to get the youngsters playing more maybe will inject bait of energy into the team

not too bad a game.

was very impressed with aluko and bendiksen - he seems a tidy player and a good passer.

only saw the second half so cant judge too much. broadfoot still shite as per.

That's our captain you are talking about there! show some respect! He did fine, as per usual

Bendickson and McCabe looked very promising. Aluko also. Kerkar ok at LB. Hemmings, Fleck, McCulloch and Wylde were poor. Bartley not good at CH - missed many tackles- but Perry was good although he looked out of position at their 1st goal.

The thing is that Bendickson and McCabe looked natural footballers with some control and skill. Kerkar and Aluko also showed skill. Fleck looked lost and passed more often to Hamburg than Rangers with one very nice thru pass to a Hamburg player?! Hemmings could not hold up play at all. Wylde's crosses were just dreadful.

Pleased with the performance considering the team we had on the park.

I think that will give everyone a boost going into the next game.

Except Alexander of course but he'll be on the bench anyway.

Delighted with the workrate of Bartley and had sympathy for Hemmings up there on his own.

Gregg Wylde really needs to work on his crossing.

Agreed. The fear for me though is that he gets thrown in, doesn't make an impact and gets written off. Here's hoping he can force his way in, I really do like the look of him. Anyway, thought we did well second half. Not too bad, Saturday is a big game

Totally agree ,mate, I don't think he should be chucked in at the deep end but he should definitely be an option from the bench.

Every time I have seen him play he has impressed he looks hungry and fingers crossed his injuries are finally behind him.

Completely agree with you on this one! We need to get the youngsters playing more maybe will inject bait of energy into the team

They should be involved but folks should have realistic expectations about what they will provide. Otherwise that is a recipe for diasaster. I'd love them to come in and have an immediate impact but we have to understand, should this not happen. Too often, people's solution is just to throw out what we have and everything will be ok with the youngsters.

Each to their own but I think he can pull off top saves.

Alan is overrated at times.

No the Falkirk game was the one I mentioned.

The one that went under his legs? No way is that a howler, come onto fuck. :lol:

It was poor keeping, not as bad as McGregor's against El Kaddouri this season but worse than the others you mentioned.

Found out a lot about our management team tonight, and none of it was positive. If we think anything is going to change in a progressive attacking sense we in for shock.

People complained about not being an attacking threat. We played far better and attacked more in the second half. Don't know how you can complain about the management team. They did what was asked for

I would honestly like to see some of the youngsters start against Dunfermline. Mckay to me didn't do too much the night, Edu was Edu. There are positives to take from this game however there seems to be fundamental problems with our midfield and their desire and urgency to move the ball quickly up the field to support our strikers.

This weekend if I was being adventurous I would go with

Mcgregor

Mcmillan Goian Perry Boca

Whitty Bartley Mckay

Bendiksen Jelavic Aluko

Pleased with the performance considering the team we had on the park.

I think that will give everyone a boost going into the next game.

Except Alexander of course but he'll be on the bench anyway.

Delighted with the workrate of Bartley and had sympathy for Hemmings up there on his own.

Gregg Wylde really needs to work on his crossing.

Thought he looked decidedly dodgy. Needs game time. Missed some challenges and seemed to be caught 3 or 4 times. Would probably have been booked a couple of times in a proper game

I'd heavily be in favour of perservering with the likes of McCabe, Bendiksen, McMillan and co. than sticking with the Broadfoots and McCulloch's of the side

Lets see what these boys can do.

To many of our first 11 think they are guarenteed a place in the side (some of them are it seems)

People complained about not being an attacking threat. We played far better and attacked more in the second half. Don't know how you can complain about the management team. They did what was asked for

The way they set up, just speaks volumes. It's contain, contain, contain and try hit on the counter. That's all fine in well. It's when that style doesn't work, that's when we lack a plan B. We don't know what to do with the ball in a progressive attacking threat. No patience. No style to mix it up. It's like watching a bunch of kids all running after the same ball (and I mean a bunch of 5 year old's).

Second half open up for a 10 minute spell due to all the subs being made. But apart from that, we were distinctly average. Aluko was direct and Bendiksen did well with his finish. But, that should gloss over the glaring cracks in our overall set up for the rest of the game.

Totally agree mate.

His reputation seems to grow and grow, didn't think he played well tonight and was caught out of position often. Certainly don't want him in CM as many are asking for.

He took out a couple of guys tonight with challenges just that bit too late. Think he just needs more football, he's been out for a while. Just get frustrated. Others in our side would get slaughtered for the missed challenges. He seems to have generally earned praise tonight. That's what bugs me about some of our 'fans' - Clatter a Celtic player early in your Rangers career and you're all set it seems. Bartley will be fine, as I say, just needs more football

I'd heavily be in favour of perservering with the likes of McCabe, Bendiksen, McMillan and co. than sticking with the Broadfoots and McCulloch's of the side

Lets see what these boys can do.

To many of our first 11 think they are guarenteed a place in the side (some of them are it seems)

It's rare but we agree on something

The way they set up, just speaks volumes. It's contain, contain, contain and try hit on the counter. That's all fine in well. It's when that style doesn't work, that's when we lack a plan B. We don't know what to do with the ball in a progressive attacking threat. No patience. No style to mix it up. It's like watching a bunch of kids all running after the same ball.

Second half open up for a 10 minute spell due to all the subs being made. But apart from that, we were distinctly average. Aluko was direct and Bendiksen did well with his finish. But, that should gloss over the glaring cracks in our overall set up for the rest of the game.

Can't really argue with your points there. Don't think we played badly second half. Patience is the key for me. Keep the ball and drag players out of positions. We simply don't do that, seem to want to force the issue every time.

The way they set up, just speaks volumes. It's contain, contain, contain and try hit on the counter. That's all fine in well. It's when that style doesn't work, that's when we lack a plan B. We don't know what to do with the ball in a progressive attacking threat. No patience. No style to mix it up. It's like watching a bunch of kids all running after the same ball.

Im sure the majority of Gers fans haven't enjoyed Rangers style of football this season apart from the Celtic game.

Rangers playing 1 up front seriously gets on my tits and it shows lack of ambition. McCoists style of football is ugly and is hard to watch. Fresh ideas and a set of balls Ally needs. Rangers are Scotland's biggest club and have the best players and Ally is going to places like Killie and setting up with two defensive midfielders.

Can't really argue with your points there. Don't think we played badly second half. Patience is the key for me. Keep the ball and drag players out of positions. We simply don't do that, seem to want to force the issue every time.

Comes from the management team, this lack of progression. It's all kick and rush. It's all well and good in our domestic set up, we'll get away with it 9 times out of 10. But games like tonight, gives you the opportunity to expand on what you know, and try to progress without any pressure. I didn't see any of that tonight and IMO that's worrying that we don't have any idea's to change things up when required.

Comes from the management team, this lack of progression. It's all kick and rush. It's all well and good in our domestic set up, we'll get away with it 9 times out of 10. But games like tonight, gives you the opportunity to expand on what you know, and try to progress without any pressure. I didn't see any of that tonight and IMO that's worrying that we don't have any idea's to change things up when required.

Even know we are getting away with it in a poor lg, its still brutal to watch.