Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Fair enough i didn't realize dumbarton were doing it. I completely change my mind.

Since you want to look at every avenue and you don't mind ripping the heart out the club buy selling off parts of it to the highest bidder what do you think about selling our badge to sports direct and start using theirs. Fuck it while we are at it let's get the players running out in sport direct uniform, I'm sure we would get a fortune for that

Oh my god :lol:

Fuck, Arsenal fans better watch up next years kits dont replace their crest with the Fly Emirates logo.

The football club is a brand, it is used to advertise things because we are a massive Club who right now have global exposure. Hence the reason why sponsors aren't throwing themselves at the Celtic's and Ayr United's of this world.

The Club, it's name, it's logo will never change. That is what makes the £7.5m worthwhile for us re: name change for stadium, or the adding in of 2 words at the start of the name. £7.5m? Anybody who turns their nose up at that sort of money needs to open their eyes to modern day football.

In the words of wee stewie Griffin "we`re a strange family"

CW sells a few Asenal shares ( I admit I never knew about) and the fans go mental.

Some fans decide to go and watch a boycotted game ( yep me ) and get called scabs and traitors..

BUT we sell our clubs home name ( Ibrox incase we forget it in time ) and the majority actually think it could be a good deal..

I`m obviously need shock treatment to get my head right..

Whyte didn't sell sponsorship rights to the Arsenal shares, he sold them completely. Is Green selling Ibrox to property developers?

If you're going to Tannadice, well done on letting the club down.

When you take your argument to silly depths you clearly have nothing relevant to offer.

I am not taking it to silly depths. The difference is we have different levels and attidude to what is acceptable. People on here would sell anything off. And I'm just asking what is the difference. Imo the the name ibrox is just iconic as our colours.It's not just about the name, its about what selling the name says about our club and out morals which I hold and would defend soo strongly.I repeat I am not taking this subject lightly or being "silly"

Im sure Green would take some £££ for our name to be changed to Sports Direct Rangers. Remember, 'Everything is for sale'.

Never, and I'll tell you why - Green would not do anything that would turn the majority of supporters against him. The majority (sensibly) recognise that this is an excellent opportunity to bring in money but adding a prefix to the stadium. Only the obsessed hordes and stirring journalists will actually use the name with the prefix attached.

I am not taking it to silly depths. The difference is we have different levels and attidude to what is acceptable. People on here would sell anything off. And I'm just asking what is the difference. Imo the the name ibrox is just iconic as our colours.It's not just about the name, its about what selling the name says about our club and out morals which I hold and would defend soo strongly.I repeat I am not taking this subject lightly or being "silly"

The name Ibrox comes from the district the stadium is in.

And we're not selling, you've been told this numerous times now.

Exactly. The spl clubs buckled to these threats because they couldn't afford even one fan walking away. At Rangers there will always be another fan Ready to step up. And when there isnt? Well I'll just get to work on having children of my own to fill any void. :hump:

Ok then you go to The Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium and ill go to Ibrox .

Agreed.

Never, and I'll tell you why - Green would not do anything that would turn the majority of supporters against him. The majority (sensibly) recognise that this is an excellent opportunity to bring in money but adding a prefix to the stadium. Only the obsessed hordes and stirring journalists will actually use the name with the prefix attached.

I think you missed Greens interview.

Anything for that much needed money.

I think you missed Greens interview.

Anything for that much needed money.

I think you missed the point. Green would not do something like that as it would instantly cause the entire Rangers support to turn on him. I imagine no-one buying season tickets or merchandise would represent a financial loss not covered by whatever anyone was willing to pay for such a privilege.

Oh my god :lol:

Fuck, Arsenal fans better watch up next years kits dont replace their crest with the Fly Emirates logo.

The football club is a brand, it is used to advertise things because we are a massive Club who right now have global exposure. Hence the reason why sponsors aren't throwing themselves at the Celtic's and Ayr United's of this world.

The Club, it's name, it's logo will never change. That is what makes the £7.5m worthwhile for us re: name change for stadium, or the adding in of 2 words at the start of the name. £7.5m? Anybody who turns their nose up at that sort of money needs to open their eyes to modern day football.

I couldn't give two fucks about arsenal, Celtic or Ayr united.Let me give you an example of modern football. Cardiff city changed the colour of there home kit from blue to red because the owner thought it would be easier to market that colour to the middle east. So, hypothetical if a Chinese bussinessman came in and bought rangers and promised to pump millions into the club but wanted to change our blue kit to red you would be ok with you because as you say that's "modern football"I will always defend this club and it history against outside enemies and enemies within like you

I couldn't give two fucks about arsenal, Celtic or Ayr united.Let me give you an example of modern football. Cardiff city changed the colour of there home kit from blue to red because the owner thought it would be easier to market that colour to the middle east. So, hypothetical if a Chinese bussinessman came in and bought rangers and promised to pump millions into the club but wanted to change our blue kit to red you would be ok with you because as you say that's "modern football"I will always defend this club and it history against outside enemies and enemies within like you

That's a fucking scumbag like reply. Youre calling the poster you quoted an enemy within as he doesn't agree with your doomsday scenario. That's very poor IMO.

So, you don't like the Arsenal example, therefore don't consider it, or respond to it, but we should listen to YOUR example?