Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Bye then, another fan will benefit from you walking away.

Exactly. The spl clubs buckled to these threats because they couldn't afford even one fan walking away. At Rangers there will always be another fan Ready to step up. And when there isnt? Well I'll just get to work on having children of my own to fill any void. :hump:

No

Deep down it is IBROX stadium and on the surface for a few years it will be the sports direct Ibrox stadium or whatever. You've got it arse for elbow.

You know what I mean. Too many folk willing to sell traditions.

As another poster said, Our founding fathers would be turning in there grave.

Im sure they will. I'll still continue to follow Rangers away like I always do, Going to SDIA wouldnt be the same.

So you'll fund other clubs before you fund your own? Great stuff.

A new company was a bigger change than a sponsorship, is that not the same?

A new company is the biggest break in tradition you could get outside a new club.

Anything official yet rather than fb and twitter rumour?

Pish.

Still be known as Ibrox .

And lets not refuse cash from advertising as we need all the Money we can get to aid our future.

We need to look at all avenues of revenue ,including naming rights.

Every club are doing it , including Dumbarton .

Fair enough i didn't realize dumbarton were doing it. I completely change my mind.

Since you want to look at every avenue and you don't mind ripping the heart out the club buy selling off parts of it to the highest bidder what do you think about selling our badge to sports direct and start using theirs. Fuck it while we are at it let's get the players running out in sport direct uniform, I'm sure we would get a fortune for that

Ive funded us more than ever this season, so don't start that pish.

Suggest everyone takes a look at Red Bull Salzburg. Don't want Rangers to turn out like them. Remember 'Everything' is for sale at this Club.

Fair enough i didn't realize dumbarton were doing it. I completely change my mind.

Since you want to look at every avenue and you don't mind ripping the heart out the club buy selling off parts of it to the highest bidder what do you think about selling our badge to sports direct and start using theirs. Fuck it while we are at it let's get the players running out in sport direct uniform, I'm sure we would get a fortune for that

:lol: Nothing is being sold. No-one is ripping the heart out of the club. You're being silly now.

When you take your argument to silly depths you clearly have nothing relevant to offer.

Suggest everyone takes a look at Red Bull Salzburg. Don't want Rangers to turn out like them. Remember 'Everything' is for sale at this Club.

Red Bull bought Austria Salzburg, Sports Direct do not own Rangers. Hugely different scenarios.

In the words of wee stewie Griffin "we`re a strange family"

CW sells a few Asenal shares ( I admit I never knew about) and the fans go mental.

Some fans decide to go and watch a boycotted game ( yep me ) and get called scabs and traitors..

BUT we sell our clubs home name ( Ibrox incase we forget it in time ) and the majority actually think it could be a good deal..

I`m obviously need shock treatment to get my head right..

CW sells a few Asenal shares ( I admit I never knew about) and the fans go mental.

Some fans decide to go and watch a boycotted game ( yep me ) and get called scabs and traitors..

BUT we sell our clubs home name ( Ibrox incase we forget it in time ) and the majority actually think it could be a good deal..

I`m obviously need shock treatment to get my head right..

You're going to Tannadice?

:lol: Nothing is being sold. No-one is ripping the heart out of the club. You're being silly now.

trust me, I don't think this is a very silly situation. I will write a longer reasoning answer to why I think this is a disgrace when I'm not on my phone. I'm sure when you read it i will change your mind.But to be clear I am not being "silly" or trying to fish

Quite right, we should only support the team as long as they are wearing the original strips we wore in the 19th century.

The Founding Fathers will remember running out into Ibrox stadium with their Blue 'Tennents' tops, white shorts and black socks, looking at the advertising boards all around the stadium and thinking, this is how it should always be.

As said to you already, the Salzburg situation is because Red Bull actually bought the club, a rare situation and very poor argument against a stadium sponsorship.

I'm not saying you haven't funded us but now you're withdrawing it for no good reason at all while still funding clubs that hate us (at least some SFL clubs are included in that).

CW sells a few Asenal shares ( I admit I never knew about) and the fans go mental. - Rightly so.

Some fans decide to go and watch a boycotted game ( yep me ) and get called scabs and traitors.. - They are undermining the club and the majority of supporters' wishes.

BUT we sell our clubs home name ( Ibrox incase we forget it in time ) and the majority actually think it could be a good deal.. - It is a good deal. Nothing is being sold.

I`m obviously need shock treatment to get my head right.. - Without a doubt.

Could be worse

Pizza Hut Park - Texas, USA

Nicknamed "The Oven" by fans of the resident FC Dallas MLS team. If the players turn up 30 minutes late, you get your ticket for free. Sadly, the deal passed its sell-by date in January 2012

KitKat Crescent - York, England

York City 'had a break' from their usual "Bootham Crescent" name for a five-year period from 2005-2010.

Wankdorf Stadium - Berne, Switzerland

Wankdorf Stadium? Home of the Young Boys of Berne? Must. Avoid. Obvious. Jokes.

Gaylord Entertainment Center - Nashville, USA

Now renamed the more acceptable Bridgestone Arena; but from 1999-2007 those big, nasty, butch hockey players from the Nashville Predators ensured it was never easy to come away from the Gaylord Entertainment Center with a result.

Middelfart Stadium - Middelfart, Denmark

The 'atmosphere' at this ground is always said to very intimidating.

Hotto Motto Field - Kobe, Japan

We won't dwell on this baseball stadium's name for too long. After all, it was called the "Yahoo! Baseball Stadium" between 2003-2004.

Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Colorado, USA

The home of the MLS side the Colorado Rapids. Arsenal fans beware though, they are owned by Stan Kroenke, one of the Gunners' main shareholders. That deal with Emirates won't last forever you know!

Bargain Booze Stadium - Northwich, England

Witton Albion changed the name of their Wincham Park ground for a couple of seasons to this doozy...or should that be boozy?

Mitsubishi Forklift Stadion - Almere, Netherlands

Well, if the fans of Almere City aren't able to lift the roof?

Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium - Graz, Austria

Local team Strum Graz named their stadium after their city's most famous son, only to then revoke it in 2005 when Arnie refused to stop an execution as governor of California.