The Arsenal - Top Of The Table At New Year

AlCapone

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists he wants to commit his future to the Gunners and that there "shouldn't be any uncertainty" over his future.

At this point I think there should be.

It speaks volumes when MOTD had a highlights package of his 1000 games in charge and the most recent thing they could find to highlight was invincibles and that was a decade ago.

It speaks volumes when MOTD had a highlights package of his 1000 games in charge and the most recent thing they could find to highlight was invincibles and that was a decade ago.

To be hammered three times this season by direct title rivals would usually make any managers job in doubt.

The saving grace which would paper over the cracks would be the FA Cup but failure to win that with the remaining teams left would be the final straw.

Was a staggering stat they brought up about him winning something like 7 titles in his first 500 games but has won nothing his next 500.