Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

If so many can see it, why do they seem to care so much about those who disagree with them?

because you,Bluepeter9 and the Dude ect are either pisstakers or fucking delusional and too turn your comment around why are you reading an"ally oot" post when you can see no wrong in what the joke of a manager does or says

Alistair is allegedly on a rolling contract per year, it has a starting date and a finishing date...when either party can decide not to continue the arrangement....much like your yearly insurance DD, either you or the insurance company can end the arrangement or continue to let it roll.

If Alistair has only 4 months left on his alleged rolling contract it would require the payment of the remaininh 4 months only to terminate the arrangement.

It is a nonsense to claim we cannot afford to pay him off under those conditions.

Sorry BB but thats a fixed term contract not a rolling one. There is no rolling going on there.

A 12 month rolling contract gives tenure for a year until it is terminated by either party and it then reverts to being a fixed term for a year. (Or until a different arrangement is agreed)

I fail to understand what benefit there is to the club to keep it rolling. They are prolonging their dilemma.

because you,Bluepeter9 and the Dude ect are either pisstakers or fucking delusional and too turn your comment around why are you reading an"ally oot" post when you can see no wrong in what the joke of a manager does or says

I didn't say I couldn't see anything wrong in anything. Odd exaggeration to make.

What is curious is that I don't get angry at people who disagree with me, yet some of those on the opposing side of the argument seem to need to get quite abusive, just strange than they care so much.

If so many can see it, why do they seem to care so much about those who disagree with them?

maybe because we actually care about our club?

If one child says he is not wanting to go and watch Rangers because they are rubbish to watch, we have a problem.

People are entitled to their opinion, but I actually worry about our future. Many seem not to if they think what we've been producing is the way forward.

If one child says he is not wanting to go and watch Rangers because they are rubbish to watch, we have a problem.

People are entitled to their opinion, but I actually worry about our future. Many seem not to if they think what we've been producing is the way forward.

Hard to be sure if you would be insinuating that people who don't agree with you don't care about the club, I will hope not.

If you think me not wanting the manager sacked will have any impact on anything in the world I am pleased to apparently be important to the world.

I don't think myself, BP or legalbeagle have said everything is rosy in the garden. I certainly haven't. Yes, it would be nice to see some lovely football more regularly and there are most definitely better managers out there than McCoist but unless McCoist fails at what he is asked of him then he won't get sacked. To this moment he hasn't. The club want progression through the leagues as quickly as possible. McCoist is on course to achieve that.

Yeah, we don't care about the club. All that time and money spent following them was simply because I had nothing better to do. I regularly discuss Rangers on twitter and on here through nothing but sheer boredom, certainly not any kind of emotional attachment to the club. Definitely not. Then there's spending months working to get a Rangers legend honoured in his/my hometown and going to the expense of organising something which will bear his name for years to come and give kids something to aim for and hopefully make a new generation aware of the exceptionally high standards kept.

Thankfully Alistair's contract is said to be only a year roll. (tu)

Rolling contracts

A rolling contract is a fixed-term contract which from time to time is automatically renewed. An example is a contract for a three-year term, which is automatically renewed after the first twelve months, and so on from year to year, thus ensuring that there are always at least two years left to run. This type of contract is essentially a defensive measure, designed to ensure that if the employee’s job is at risk the employee will be well-placed to negotiate substantial compensation. That such an arrangement works to the employee’s advantage is obvious; that it benefits the employer, less.

10 Section 18 of the Employment Relations Act 1999 and the Fixed Term Employees (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2002 repealed s 197(1) and (3) of the Employment Rights Act 1996 respectively. Section 197 permitted an employee to waive his or her right to claim unfair dismissal on the expiry of a fixed-term contract of one year or more and to claim a redundancy payment on the expiry of a fixed-term contract of two years or more.

In the circumstances, it is not surprising that such contracts are now viewed with considerable reservation and not normally recommended. Also, when considering the use of such rolling contracts employers need to consider Regulation 8 of the Fixed Term Employees (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2002 which provide that employees who have been continuously employed for four years of more on a series of successive fixed-term contracts are automatically deemed to be permanent employees unless the continued use of a fixed-term contract can be objectively justified.

PS I should have added that there is new legislation which will be more favourable to the employers, we wouldn't expect anything else from our rulers from whichever party would we, keep the proletariat down as always.

I don't think myself, BP or legalbeagle have said everything is rosy in the garden. I certainly haven't. Yes, it would be nice to see some lovely football more regularly and there are most definitely better managers out there than McCoist but unless McCoist fails at what he is asked of him then he won't get sacked. To this moment he hasn't. The club want progression through the leagues as quickly as possible. McCoist is on course to achieve that.

Never mind "Regularly" it would just be nice to see any "Lovely football".

Piss takers for supporting the manager :lol: :lol:

Oh dear!

He has failed in nine out of eleven tasks set for him, you somehow see that as success.

He has failed in nine out of eleven tasks set for him, you somehow see that as success.

results dont matter for the dude unless its positive results for ally (tu)

has any other rangers manager failed to win a domestic cup in 8 attempts? fans protested for eck to go when hibs beat us at ibrox in the scottish cup, yet when united turn us over same venue, same location, ally is praised because we gave it a go :lol:

Settle down.

results dont matter for the dude unless its positive results for ally (tu)

has any other rangers manager failed to win a domestic cup in 8 attempts? fans protested for eck to go when hibs beat us at ibrox in the scottish cup, yet when united turn us over same venue, same location, ally is praised because we gave it a go :lol:

Alistair has had the easiest gig of any Rangers manager, with perhaps the exception of his mentor.

The board and VB had a discussion about the season tickets sales and reasons for lower numbers. Two reasons, the Rebs and the manager. My two mates travel up from London every Friday night, go to the game on a Saturday and back down again on the Sunday morning. Both have not renewed because of the dreadful style of football and lack of entertainment.

Let's be honest, the board don't have the cash to get rid of the management team, it would cost millions. Everyone and anyone with even a smidgen of common sense knows McCoist would have been long gone under normal circumstances. One Vb said to the board his son didn't want to come back after the Albion Rovers game, to which the board member replied "I know how your son felt"

Agree mate re the two main reasons but I do think the withdrawal of credit card facility and the price increase will have played a part as well.

Would getting rid of the three main culprits cost millions? Aren't they all on yearly rolling contracts so the maximum cost should be one years salary? Admittedly that's much much more than it should be but not as much as £2M ?

Agree mate re the two main reasons but I do think the withdrawal of credit card facility and the price increase will have played a part as well.

Would getting rid of the three main culprits cost millions? Aren't they all on yearly rolling contracts so the maximum cost should be one years salary? Admittedly that's much much more than it should be but not as much as £2M ?

Just read the posts above :(

is that it or are you going to bring up something to make me change my mind about your messiah

I've no interest in changing your mind.

I don't have a messiah.

Settle down.