Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Who has he played in alien positions? Elfideldos blog describe Macleod as someone who can play on the wing as well as centrally and he is regarded by many on here as the authority on youths at the club.

smith in central midfield, faure in centre mid and right back to name 2

.. at an average of 2.5 goals per game more than the opposition in the league last year it seems we must have been attacking quite well and I find scoring goals is what I like to see so was happy enough while not being ecstatic about it - but it was no-where near as brutal as some would make out.

Yes, more goals have been scored. We get it. Stats aren't everything. Justin Beiber has a huge number of record sales, but I'd wager most intelligent or aware people wouldn't find him that entertaining. I can't honestly see how anyone could genuinely state that they found us entertaining to watch, we are so slow, pedestrian and uncreative.

So only 33 years then?

1989?

:lol:

and even then, our defeats to them have generally been by a goal, not by 3 and not by 2 twice at our own fucking ground

and lets talk about other cup games then, the mighty forfar athletic, man we gave them a right good game, raith in the cup final QotS at ibrox, caley thistle fucking embarrassed us at ibrox as well

not scottish cup though, although i agree, we've cuffed them plenty times in one off games until super duper took charge

You can't really use the Scottish as an example when we don't draw them every year, it sounds more dramatic when you say x amount of years, like we've had a go at them every year.

http://www.dundeeunited-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/dundee_united/vs/rangers/index.shtml

You can't really use the Scottish as an example when we don't draw them every year, it sounds more dramatic when you say x amount of years, like we've had a go at them every year.

http://www.dundeeuni...ers/index.shtml

very true, its the dude making a complete james hunt of it, ally has played united 3 times in 3 years, and his win % is a big huge whopping giagantic fat ZERO

but hey who cares, we cuffed some firemen and postmen all year with our full time team, go us

very true, its the dude making a complete james hunt of it, ally has played united 3 times in 3 years, and his win % is a big huge whopping giagantic fat ZERO

but hey who cares, we cuffed some firemen and postmen all year with our full time team, go us

You know the dude just debates things he doesn't necessarily even agree with, you shouldn't bite :)

If most of the fans were pro Ally he would probably be posting Ally's shite record in the cups :lol:

Must say though, while Ally has a crap record in cups, I think his productivity on buying cheap and selling on for profit has to be the worst in any division pmsl .....and I think that shrewd bit of business capturing Daly last year just shows he can spot a sinking ship a mile away!!!!!!

GSTQ

agree, ally and co deserve credit for pointing out a better quality of player that was out of contract, performances didn't improve because of any coaching method or change of style from ally, we simply paid for a better class of bosman player

FK me - then why do Man City even need a manager after all the cash they have paid - surely as the biggest spenders in the EPL they must win the treble every year and without needing a manager? But we all know that no matter the class of player they need managed - and Ally sourced and improved the squad - and we all know cup games are just that, cup games where the smaller teams always have a chance as on the day that regularly happens.

I would love Ally to be the manager that takes the club back up; that means I would be reluctant to see him sacked. It's hardly a ringing endorsement of his abilities as a manager/coach, but I think there is a degree of importance in him being the manager we have when we get back to the top league. However, because of Hearts and Hibs being in the same league as Rangers, then it will mean he comes under a lot more scrutiny than the previous two seasons- if he doesn't get this season right, then it won't matter what any of us on here thinks; he'll be out.

Yes, more goals have been scored. We get it. Stats aren't everything. Justin Beiber has a huge number of record sales, but I'd wager most intelligent or aware people wouldn't find him that entertaining. I can't honestly see how anyone could genuinely state that they found us entertaining to watch, we are so slow, pedestrian and uncreative.

Its all about opinions - I don't think we are that slow, nor pedestrian, nor uncreative - sure we aint Barcelona but we never were.

Its all about opinions - I don't think we are that slow, nor pedestrian, nor uncreative - sure we aint Barcelona but we never were.

While I appreciate that you and others are entitled to your opinion of how we play, it genuinely astounds me that anybody finds it remotely entertaining watching us. Like I said earlier in the year, I was not someone who would leave games early but under McCoist I will admit there have been times I've left at half time due to the general ineptitude displayed by team and manager. I'm not saying I'm an über fan who all other fans should be measured against but I would say that something is severely lacking when I walkout of games early and indeed have not bothered renewing this year. Yes, there are other factors involved which encouraged me not to renew but the turgid displays we turn out is the major one. Sadly, I know there are many others who haven't renewed, not because of board or payment issues, but simply because the football on offer is so poor.

Why do you ignore the three times we beat them in the league in the same time period? don't those count?

smith in central midfield, faure in centre mid and right back to name 2

Smith ill agree on. Faure not so much. A cb at RB isn't exactly an 'alien' position. Given that faure hadn't played a first team game before joining us I don't quite see the issue in trying him in different positions, particularly not when we are playing against 'posties & plumbers'.

What about the point on Macleod?

He was on the STV news there, he looks in need of a sleep and a break tbh.

That'll be his excuse if we lose the morra. "Aw a couldn't get the team organized, a wis knackered man! needin a wee holiday tae Las Vegas"

He was on the STV news there, he looks in need of a sleep and a break tbh.

I need a break from his shite tactics and baffling selections/formations, if he wont walk he should be mutually consented then have as long a break as he wants until he get the QOS call.

Smith ill agree on. Faure not so much. A cb at RB isn't exactly an 'alien' position. Given that faure hadn't played a first team game before joining us I don't quite see the issue in trying him in different positions, particularly not when we are playing against 'posties & plumbers'.

What about the point on Macleod?

what about the point on macleod, even if he looks alright wide left, he was easily our best centre mid in division 3, and was shunted out wide to accomodate ally's signings

rather than play templeton wide left, and macleod centre mid, we played the half arsed law and black no matter how fucking bad they were

as for trying the likes of faure etc in different positions, why not try him in his actual position first seeing as we are playing the likes of plumbers and posties, we were never in any danger of losing the league, but instead we played the likes of cribari at centre half

square pegs in round holes only works when your square pegs are high class players, or you are in desperate times, we had neither situation in the last 2 years