To everyone ignoring this point

legalbeagle

And if the employer doesn't you would assume the employee works their notice, yes? As opposed to the people we still have giving it 'Ally, just go now' rhetoric.

Yes, 'Ally, just go now'

Not 'Ally, just go at the end of the season'

Not 'Ally, just go in 12 months'

Not 'Ally, just go whenever you feel like it'

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how he benefits from the story being out, I can see how the club could use it to put pressure on him regarding money, much like the story last weekend about Easdale wanting him out but us not being able to afford it.

But, if it came from Ally then I think it is wrong as well.

It's pretty obvious that an advisor of ally's released the statement to his pals in the press .

The benefit to ally is that it takes the pressure of him right away . The debate is no longer about his pish performances and results as a manager , and all the chat is about the ins and outs of the mysterious resignation

It's pretty obvious that an advisor of ally's released the statement to his pals in the press .

The benefit to ally is that it takes the pressure of him right away . The debate is no longer about his pish performances and results as a manager , and all the chat is about the ins and outs of the mysterious resignation

As far as I can tell, the debate is all about how much of a pay off he should get, if any. Not sure how that is good for him.

One thing is for sure .....this does not help the club, just adds to the soap opera and can only be destabilising for the players. I think he knows more cuts are due and assets will have to be sold and hes playing his card.

Personally speaking McCoist is not up to the job and had been rewarded handomely over the years and should walk without a pay-off .....

Ffs ...potentially 12 points behind a team of kids before xmas with vastly superiorresources and the second highest wage bill in Scotland. That is not management, that is incompetence.

It is my opinion Ally or his advisors released the information, by all means lb stick up for Ally he is a Rangers legend but it is Ally that has started this by being shit and overpaid as a manager but never ever taking the blame for anything that goes wrong

Jim White was so smugly assured in what he was saying I felt it could only come from someone he trusts 100% and for me that man would be Ally McCoist

If reports are true, Ally has handed in his notice and there has been no response whatsoever from his bosses.

So, firstly, the next time you want to say 'just leave Ally' - in that circumstance he cannot just not turn up for work in the morning he would be in breach of contract.

Secondly, whatever you think of him, would you expect a response from you manager if you handed in your notice?

This should not be in the public arena until it has been sorted, so whoever has released it is 100% wrong, but the club MUST respond, it is an utter embarrassment that this is still up in the air. Even if they can't negotiate with him yet, they should tell him to stay away until they call him in for a private meeting to discuss his letter/contract. Are some of you so blinded by disliking Ally that you can't see the shambles of how we are dealing with this?

Is telling him to stay away your new Legalbeagleland version of employment law?

Are you suggesting they suspend him pending an investigation?

I suggest you read up on some employment law before you start spouting such utter pish.

So many of our fans have no clue about employment law but demand our club do this and that.

At least check that this or that is legal first.

I will says this one last time.

It is not the clubs place legally to respond to this.

The club did not announce this.

If this has been leaked by others then the club MUST follow legal procedure in responding to this in the correct manner.

If reports are true, Ally has handed in his notice and there has been no response whatsoever from his bosses.

So, firstly, the next time you want to say 'just leave Ally' - in that circumstance he cannot just not turn up for work in the morning he would be in breach of contract.

Secondly, whatever you think of him, would you expect a response from you manager if you handed in your notice?

This should not be in the public arena until it has been sorted, so whoever has released it is 100% wrong, but the club MUST respond, it is an utter embarrassment that this is still up in the air. Even if they can't negotiate with him yet, they should tell him to stay away until they call him in for a private meeting to discuss his letter/contract. Are some of you so blinded by disliking Ally that you can't see the shambles of how we are dealing with this?

You remember we have virtually no exec directors? No CEO other than an acting one? I think we should give the board time to consider its position, its funding (we have no FD) and seek the views of major shareholders.

In any event, this is a confidential matter between employer and employee and unless both agree to an announcement, then the Board can't publicly discuss anything.

Given where we are, that isn't too much to ask.

Sue him for breach of contract potentially.

Very careful use of the word 'potentially.'.

If Ally said today "for the sake of the club I love (sic), I am prepared to walk awayimmediately and am seeking no further remuneration from the club. As a manager I can take the club no further and my presence at the club is becoming a distraction preventing the Rangers Football Club from moving forward."

Under these circumstances can you honestly imagine a law suit????

Is telling him to stay away your new Legalbeagleland version of employment law?

Are you suggesting they suspend him pending an investigation?

I suggest you read up on some employment law before you start spouting such utter pish.

So many of our fans have no clue about employment law but demand our club do this and that.

At least check that this or that is legal first.

I will says this one last time.

It is not the clubs place legally to respond to this.

The club did not announce this.

If this has been leaked by others then the club MUST follow legal procedure in responding to this in the correct manner.

There are many senior managers who once they have handed in their notice are put on gardening leave while the situation is resolved. It is far from illegal, and it is a practical solution to what can be an impossible situation for all parties.

The club should be able to manage a senior staff member leaving better than this.

Very careful use of the word 'potentially.'.

If Ally said today "for the sake of the club I love (sic), I am prepared to walk awayimmediately and am seeking no further remuneration from the club. As a manager I can take the club no further and my presence at the club is becoming a distraction preventing the Rangers Football Club from moving forward."

Under these circumstances can you honestly imagine a law suit????

I would be amazed if there was a law suit, but if you hand in your notice, you kinda keep going to work until you are told/agree otherwise or get to the end of your notice period.

You remember we have virtually no exec directors? No CEO other than an acting one? I think we should give the board time to consider its position, its funding (we have no FD) and seek the views of major shareholders.

In any event, this is a confidential matter between employer and employee and unless both agree to an announcement, then the Board can't publicly discuss anything.

Given where we are, that isn't too much to ask.

As I've said, if the reports are true they hadn't responded, never mind publicly, but to the employee.

I would be amazed if there was a law suit, but if you hand in your notice, you kinda keep going to work until you are told/agree otherwise or get to the end of your notice period.

True to an extent --- the 'told otherwise' can come PDQ if your work is sensitive or your presence is likely to be a disruptive influence. Wish he'd just walk.

True to an extent --- the 'told otherwise' can come PDQ if your work is sensitive or your presence is likely to be a disruptive influence. Wish he'd just walk.

Despite everyone's view of my view of Ally. He should never have been in the dugout on Friday and I am utterly appalled that he is in MP this morning, it is beyond belief.

Some people are fucking mental.

- Ally clearly had the story leaked.

- He shouldn't still be in charge of the side having resigned, because he knows there's no chance the board will have him see out the season.

- He deliberately timed it so to do it when he knew the board were in London, and then the weekend, knowing that there could be no response for three days.

- There's no way he'd be sued for breaching his contract had he not taken charge on Friday.

He's only sticking around so he can act like he was pushed after opening a window, climbing out onto the ledge, and putting a "push me" sign on his back.

I'm fucking sick of him.

- He shouldn't still be in charge of the side having resigned, because he knows there's no chance the board will have him see out the season.

- He deliberately timed it so to do it when he knew the board were in London, and then the weekend, knowing that there could be no response for three days.

- There's no way he'd be sued for breaching his contract had he not taken charge on Friday.

He's only sticking around so he can act like he was pushed after opening a window, climbing out onto the ledge, and putting a "push me" sign on his back.

I'm fucking sick of him.

Bang on the money.

I'm fucking sick of him.

I just can't really see how he benefits from the story coming out. It has led to three days of discussing pay outs, which is hardly in his interest to be the topic.

I have not said it didn't come from him, I just can't see the angle.

I just can't really see how he benefits from the story coming out. It has led to three days of discussing pay outs, which is hardly in his interest to be the topic.

I have not said it didn't come from him, I just can't see the angle.

Because the narrative upto this morning was "Brave McCoist gives up £400k of compensation in protest over cuts".

It forces the board to pay him off, whilst making sure he's still the hero/victim. The leak of Ally's pay rise trigger this morning... That certainly wasn't in McCoist's plan.

Because the narrative upto this morning was "Brave McCoist gives up £400k of compensation in protest over cuts".

It forces the board to pay him off, whilst making sure he's still the hero/victim. The leak of Ally's pay rise trigger this morning... That certainly wasn't in McCoist's plan.

It wasn't a leak, the club had to tell the stock exchange.

(tu)

I think McCoist played this one a blinder...until the pay rise.