*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Horse racing in u.k. suspended from tomorrow,Ā  not sure about R.O.I.

They're deciding inĀ Ireland tomorrow, as it stands there's Dundalk on Friday, Thurles on Saturday and Downpatrick and Naas on Sunday.

Saw a few high profile people like Gordon Elliott calling for it to stay on.

See if they cancel the dogs as well I'm jumping off a bridge.

2 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Aye, Naas meeting which is the start of their flat turf season moved to Monday. Seems they only want one meeting a day on.

Well 4 days of racing will help to take the mind off the doom and gloom,Ā  especially if able to pick a few winners,Ā Ā 

On 16/03/2020 at 06:13, glasgow argyle said:

If no more football? I wonder how the bookies will settle all outright wagers on u.k. cups and leagues or Europa and C.L.Ā  i don't see them declaring all bets void and returning all stakes, but it will be interesting to see how they as an industry deal with this.Ā 

Increasingly unlikely that leagues can finish this season,Ā  as far as outright bets go I think the best way to settle English and Scottish premiership is dead heat rules, as both these leagues only have one other challenger Man City and ourselves who can mathematically stop septic and liverpool, so half your stake goes on 2 teams in each league,Ā  easy solution!!!!!!!!!, howeverĀ  the otherĀ  English leagues could have as many as 16 teams who could still win the title so that's a bit of a minefield,Ā  and unlikely way to settle,Ā  and for each way accumulators would be almost impossible to settle,Ā  I still don't see the bookies declaring all outright bets void and returning all stakes,Ā  I await with a vested interest in the solution to this betting industry quandary.Ā