Football Fans not criminals

Big Al 55

Just now, Paisleybear1872 said:

Aye, they have definitely been the loudest about it. Personally feel as a support we should've been more organised about it considering how many of our own fans seem to have been fucked by it.

We are un-organised because our football club & the fans groups with any sort of voice are self-serving wankers that don't care about your average fan - only themselves. Don't expect it to change either.

So the whole history of this law is:

1. We need a law to target Rangers and their fans.
  2. We don't like the law becasue it also gets ceptic fans.
  3. We want rid of the law.

We're all aware that the next step will be a virtually sectarian and racist law that targets us more accurately, without hitting any "collateral damage".

Aye, it's a fucking joy to be back in the Scottish top tier, feeding the media with the blue pound, while they slander, libel and generally defame us.

The only thing that Scottish football has to sell is hate, so there's no surprise that they regret outlawing it.

5 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Everything  must be hunky dory in Mr Kelly's constituency if this is all he has to worry about.

Good observation. Kelly is introducing this Bill for the sole purpose of keeping Kelly's name at the forefront.*  This Bill - rightly or wrongly - was voted through parliament by a majority of MSPs and, polls suggest that it is supported by 83% of Scots.

*It may be worthwhile bearing in mind that Kelly is a list MSP as he failed miserably to get elected buy a majority of his electorate.

27 minutes ago, kenzie2386 said:

Good observation. Kelly is introducing this Bill for the sole purpose of keeping Kelly's name at the forefront.*  This Bill - rightly or wrongly - was voted through parliament by a majority of MSPs and, polls suggest that it is supported by 83% of Scots.

*It may be worthwhile bearing in mind that Kelly is a list MSP as he failed miserably to get elected buy a majority of his electorate.

:blink:

So daft it's hard to reply. Everything a majority of MSP's vote through should be kept cause who cares about whether it was rightly or wrongly, that's not important. The vote was 64-57, it passed because the SNP had a majority government. It's also easy to cite percentages from polls without giving details.

2 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

So the whole history of this law is:

We're all aware that the next step will be a virtually sectarian and racist law that targets us more accurately, without hitting any "collateral damage".

Aye, it's a fucking joy to be back in the Scottish top tier, feeding the media with the blue pound, while they slander, libel and generally defame us.

The only thing that Scottish football has to sell is hate, so there's no surprise that they regret outlawing it.

The BBC had a piece on it on the tele just now and strangely the sectarian point being made was showing picture Ibrox, how disappointing I would have expected better, honestly I really would have as I am a fucking idiot and know the only reason this is getting appealed and supported is the scum don't like to be pulled up.

I think at this rate we are going to have to get a PLM (like BLM) organised and start shooting the police......

11 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Janette Krankie has the brass neck to boast about being an outward looking country while supporting segregation in our schools in the 21st century. The legislation for apartheid schooling belongs in the late 19th early 20th century. Why in this day and age you would want your kids to have segregation at school baffles me,unless there are underlying reasons for such a practice. You could always teach them how to nurture a chip on your shoulder.  

Why are the carpet munchers in charge of the Tories &  Labour not asking Wee Burney about the separate schools? She relies on the Catholic vote & would be squirming like fuck if the subject was seriously challenged. Labour used to rely on the Catholic vote also. but they're well & truly fucked now & it wouldn't do them too much more harm.

16 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Why are the carpet munchers in charge of the Tories &  Labour not asking Wee Burney about the separate schools? She relies on the Catholic vote & would be squirming like fuck if the subject was seriously challenged. Labour used to rely on the Catholic vote also. but they're well & truly fucked now & it wouldn't do them too much more harm.

I don't think that's true about relying on the Catholic vote mate.

A lot of Protestants voted YES and vote the SNP. Depressing stuff.

If anything the amount of Catholics that voted NO surprised me greatly. I'd say the Catholic vote was more NO if pushed and their party is Labour all day long.

Not bumming them up or saying their religion or leader is anything to be proud of, but the past few years since we had our referendum build up, vote and after math I've found myself having a lot more in common with some of them compared to some folk who were Protestant or I thought would have been NO voters.

9 hours ago, cushynumber said:

My criticism  of it is that it particularity targets a sunset of society - football fans. Not horse riders,  rugby fans or swimming fans - but football fans only. I think thats wrong and frankly unlawful. It also allows the victim to define the offense and there is no doubt that has led to a victims charter with every arsehole under the sun phoning sky and BT to say they can hear TBB in the background during a game....

Yes it's wrong that it targets a specific group of sports fans but I don't think it allows the victim to define an offence as that can only be done through the courts. Some will be fake offended but whether that leads to a conviction is another story.

7 hours ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

It is biting our support on the arse far more than it is their's though. We lead the table in charges under this Act for every year of the last 4 since it was introduced http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0050/00501336.pdf pg.13.

That's because they we're driving it and driving the politics, the policing and gcc

Paisley1872

"So daft it's hard to reply. Everything a majority of MSP's vote through should be kept cause who cares about whether it was rightly or wrongly, that's not important. The vote was 64-57, it passed because the SNP had a majority government. It's also easy to cite percentages from polls without giving details."

I did not say or even imply that what is considered a bad law should be kept.  I merely pointed out that it was now part of our legislation.  Of course it passed because there is an SNP government majority. To state the bleedin' obvious; there is an SNP government because a majority of the electors voted for them - especially in Glasgow and Paisley.  The only detail that matters regarding the poll I quoted, was the one that reveals what the majority wanted. Maybe you're referring to the type of questions asked - whether they were loaded or otherwise?  Well, I don't know.  What I do know is that the poll (either by You Gov/Survation/ICM) was a fairly recent one which would indicate that people have had enough time to digest this piece of legislation and decide whether it was good, bad or indifferent. There may be some tinkering at the edges but, like it or lump it, this law is here to stay.

The law was put in place to stop the Billy Boys and the Famine Song, its pretty much achieved its goal but unfortunately some tarriers have been dragged into it too so they need to change the law to make sure that doesn't happen anymore

Anything deemed anti Irish or pro Protestant will still be illegal but they'll find some way for them to get to sing about their hero IRA bombers and child killers and all their anti British songs. Our songs will be deemed sectarian and theirs will be called political and that's how they'll work round it.

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

The law was put in place to stop the Billy Boys and the Famine Song, its pretty much achieved its goal but unfortunately some tarriers have been dragged into it too so they need to change the law to make sure that doesn't happen anymore

Anything deemed anti Irish or pro Protestant will still be illegal but they'll find some way for them to get to sing about their hero IRA bombers and child killers and all their anti British songs. Our songs will be deemed sectarian and theirs will be called political and that's how they'll work round it.

Fuckin racing certainty it will be tweaked to suit their agenda to stop both songs pointed out above,with more to follow. And you bet your wages on that. 

11 hours ago, kenzie2386 said:

Paisley1872

"So daft it's hard to reply. Everything a majority of MSP's vote through should be kept cause who cares about whether it was rightly or wrongly, that's not important. The vote was 64-57, it passed because the SNP had a majority government. It's also easy to cite percentages from polls without giving details."

I did not say or even imply that what is considered a bad law should be kept.  I merely pointed out that it was now part of our legislation.  Of course it passed because there is an SNP government majority. To state the bleedin' obvious; there is an SNP government because a majority of the electors voted for them - especially in Glasgow and Paisley.  The only detail that matters regarding the poll I quoted, was the one that reveals what the majority wanted. Maybe you're referring to the type of questions asked - whether they were loaded or otherwise?  Well, I don't know.  What I do know is that the poll (either by You Gov/Survation/ICM) was a fairly recent one which would indicate that people have had enough time to digest this piece of legislation and decide whether it was good, bad or indifferent. There may be some tinkering at the edges but, like it or lump it, this law is here to stay.

You can't necessarily equate electoral support for support of the OBA unless it was in the SNP's manifesto, which it wasn't. It was a knee-jerk reaction from an Old Firm game that featured bad behaviour on the pitch instead of the stands. It's a terrible peice of legislation that has been criticised across political parties, football fans and clubs, religious groups, anti-sectarian organisations, judges and on and on.

There are far more details that matter than the percentage you produce, do you not have a link to the poll? Having a percentage means nothing if it's based upon pure garbage. The question, the sample size and who it included, the whole methodology is important. 

Lol! The act is far from here to say and will be destroyed soon enough as no party but the SNP have ever supported it.

33 minutes ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

You can't necessarily equate electoral support for support of the OBA unless it was in the SNP's manifesto, which it wasn't. It was a knee-jerk reaction from an Old Firm game that featured bad behaviour on the pitch instead of the stands. It's a terrible peice of legislation that has been criticised across political parties, football fans and clubs, religious groups, anti-sectarian organisations, judges and on and on.

There are far more details that matter than the percentage you produce, do yo  not have a link to the poll? Having a percentage means nothing if it's based upon pure garbage. The question, the sample size and who it included, the whole methodology is important. 

Lol! The act is far from here to say and will be destroyed soon enough as no party but the SNP have ever supported it.

It was not my intention to equate electoral support for a bad law.  I made that clear.   The remainder of your paragraph is spot on.

Apologies, but I do not have a link to the poll I referred to but the information is out there.  I agree that polls can be questionable because of loaded questions - sample size, though in these types of polls tend to be around the 1000/1200 mark - age groups are an important factor but I doubt that 'pure garbage' would be allowed in the poll questionnaire.

I stand by the assertion that a majority of Scots do support this Bill and we are stuck with it

5 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Then this is why we need involved to stop it.

Know exactly what you are saying BNB.
Will never stop trying to get younger members to get involved from the bottom like Community Councils,Unions Media and Press and anything involving Councils. We really need to take an interest in everything the snp/labour parties were/are involved in.

Just now, scottyscott1963 said:

Know exactly what you are saying BNB.
Will never stop trying to get younger members to get involved from the bottom like Community Councils,Unions Media and Press and anything involving Councils. We really need to take an interest in everything the snp/labour parties were/are involved in.

Indeed. In order to change a system you must do so from within.

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Indeed. In order to change a system you must do so from within.

Cannot mump and moan about it if you aren't prepared to do something about it. My claim to fame was stopping the priest from Prestwick chucking the youth club out on the streets on a Friday night so he could give communion to a half dozen papes who went to the chapel as a rule anyway. Was on the local Community Council and Brendan joined and his first request was for the priest from the town would come up to the local village hall which the kids used on a Friday night and this cunt was prepared to throw the kids out on the street so that some old cunt who probably woulda felt better in young boys company than adults could come along and have communion and I said if the half dozen catholics in the village were that desperate for communion there was an adequate bus service and they should car share. I absolutely know 100% that if I hadn't been at that meeting that the rest of the nodding donkeys would have been bullied into accepting this proposition from Brendan. Sorry for being so long fucking winded about that. But it's small things like this and much,much more we need to be on guard about. The young people from groups like UB and club 1872 should and would do lots of damage at there nice wee cosy meetings. Get involved people before its too late and take a half dozen with you.